Oppo Camp The Non-North Footy Discussion & Matchday Chat Thread (NNFD&MCT) IX

Remove this Banner Ad

Bad week for the Eagles:

Exactly why the AFL are so hard on high hits. Tonight's appeal by Heeney in this context will be interesting. Game on.

I once drove from Perth to Albury with 4 pre-teens, soundtracked by:
1. Ariana Grande - My Everything
2. Katy Perry - Prism
3. Taylor Swift - 1989

That is the order I would rank them in, so I'd prefer Ariana Grande, but at least it's not taytay.
How did you manage to do that?

2. Katy Perry - Prism
3. Taylor Swift - 1989

That is the order I would rank them in, so I'd prefer Ariana Grande, but at least it's not taytay.
1989 is a great album and I'll fight with anyone who disagrees.

How did you manage to do that?
Alternate between lollies, chocolates and chips being chucked back from the driver to share. Unlimited tablet time, but then charging becomes a ****ing issue. I Spy works surprisingly well, even in the 21st century.
Genuine heart in mouth stuff at the cliffs of the Great Australian Bight.

Good question of who would be your ideal Grand Final performer when North win a flag?

Has to be someone who still tours and has a very high profile in Australia, doesn't mind playing for a nice payday and hasn't played the Grand Final before (Rolf Harris, you're out). The other thing to consider is that they're short sharp performances so as much as I'd like to hear Neil Young play jam out "Cortez the Killer" for 19 minutes that probably isn't going to happen.

My number one would be The Drones. Probably just under the profile level required to be standalone performers like KISS or The Killers but "Shark Fin Blues" would sound utterly majestic on a sunny day at the G.

Someone like The Strokes would be absolutely massive. A band with a huge sound that isn't quite as boomed out as a lot of the big touring bands, though Casablancas has done some city miles. Even their last album was really decent. Would be peak nostalgia for a large demographic of the crowd, similar to The Killers.
The White Stripes, they've at least got it half right

2. Katy Perry - Prism
3. Taylor Swift - 1989

The GV to Radelaide and back via Mildura in April this year was shocking enough

2. Katy Perry - Prism
3. Taylor Swift - 1989

You brave man…
1720688441525.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Alternate between lollies, chocolates and chips being chucked back from the driver to share. Unlimited tablet time, but then charging becomes a ****ing issue. I Spy works surprisingly well, even in the 21st century.
Genuine heart in mouth stuff at the cliffs of the Great Australian Bight.
Mine hijacked my phone and set it to autoplay Tool on a loop, which was bad enough when he was in the car but when I set off to get my car serviced and I couldn't bloody stop the music unless I pulled over on the freeway I was taking heavy metal damage big time.

Still better than what you had to endure I suppose.

2. Katy Perry - Prism
3. Taylor Swift - 1989

That's brutal.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Its Daisy Dukes Ligs, names after Daisy Duke, the cute cousin of the Dukes of Hazzard county. Nothing sus going on there I'm sure.
It’s one of those things where as a kid you interpret the lyrics as a kid without looking at the lyrics so now you are stuck with your version of the lyrics and as much as you try to change the lyrics NOW IT DOESNT WORK.

it’s like in her song dark horse “she’s a beast I call her karma” I always sing it as “she’s obese, I call her karma”

My brain just can’t compute the actual lyric

It’s one of those things where as a kid you interpret the lyrics as a kid without looking at the lyrics so now you are stuck with your version of the lyrics and as much as you try to change the lyrics NOW IT DOESNT WORK.

it’s like in her song dark horse “she’s a beast I call her karma” I always sing it as “she’s obese, I call her karma”

We had to set ferball straight. He was convinced Jimmy Barnes was singing "cheap wine and a pound of dope"...

Last edited:
Good question of who would be your ideal Grand Final performer when North win a flag?

Has to be someone who still tours and has a very high profile in Australia, doesn't mind playing for a nice payday and hasn't played the Grand Final before (Rolf Harris, you're out). The other thing to consider is that they're short sharp performances so as much as I'd like to hear Neil Young play jam out "Cortez the Killer" for 19 minutes that probably isn't going to happen.

My number one would be The Drones. Probably just under the profile level required to be standalone performers like KISS or The Killers but "Shark Fin Blues" would sound utterly majestic on a sunny day at the G.

Someone like The Strokes would be absolutely massive. A band with a huge sound that isn't quite as boomed out as a lot of the big touring bands, though Casablancas has done some city miles. Even their last album was really decent. Would be peak nostalgia for a large demographic of the crowd, similar to The Killers.
Clutch would be great but **** all people know them.

Zardonic for the kids.

There's actually a word for that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp The Non-North Footy Discussion & Matchday Chat Thread (NNFD&MCT) IX

Remove this Banner Ad

Back