Oppo Camp The Non-North Footy Discussion & Matchday Chat Thread (NNFD&MCT) IX

Remove this Banner Ad

Not saying it isn't tough. But it was predictable and his contract was met unless media reports are incorrect. Thats all they owed him. Don't sook.

So broadly speaking, your take is

Media says what they want : Who cares

Outgoing coach saying what he wants: Armageddon

?

Not defending the WA paper but Robinson is really the last journo in the industry to pointing the finger at others.

I disagree. Robbo is a drunken buffoon who struggles to put coherent sentences together. He often goes on rants without making a whole lot of sense, often blinded by his loyalty to certain people and organisations. Robbo doesn't appear intelligent enough to manipulate people or generate false drama. His rants are just rants. But he is generally respectful towards people and the game, and able to challenge both without resorting to stirring up staged agro just for the clicks. His simpleness means he has more integrity than many others.

Excellent news. Get some of the shit ones out the way and have someone awesome when we get to play.
Good question of who would be your ideal Grand Final performer when North win a flag?

Has to be someone who still tours and has a very high profile in Australia, doesn't mind playing for a nice payday and hasn't played the Grand Final before (Rolf Harris, you're out). The other thing to consider is that they're short sharp performances so as much as I'd like to hear Neil Young play jam out "Cortez the Killer" for 19 minutes that probably isn't going to happen.

My number one would be The Drones. Probably just under the profile level required to be standalone performers like KISS or The Killers but "Shark Fin Blues" would sound utterly majestic on a sunny day at the G.

Someone like The Strokes would be absolutely massive. A band with a huge sound that isn't quite as boomed out as a lot of the big touring bands, though Casablancas has done some city miles. Even their last album was really decent. Would be peak nostalgia for a large demographic of the crowd, similar to The Killers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good question of who would be your ideal Grand Final performer when North win a flag?

Has to be someone who still tours and has a very high profile in Australia, doesn't mind playing for a nice payday and hasn't played the Grand Final before (Rolf Harris, you're out). The other thing to consider is that they're short sharp performances so as much as I'd like to hear Neil Young play jam out "Cortez the Killer" for 19 minutes that probably isn't going to happen.

My number one would be The Drones. Probably just under the profile level required to be standalone performers like KISS or The Killers but "Shark Fin Blues" would sound utterly majestic on a sunny day at the G.

Someone like The Strokes would be absolutely massive. A band with a huge sound that isn't quite as boomed out as a lot of the big touring bands, though Casablancas has done some city miles. Even their last album was really decent. Would be peak nostalgia for a large demographic of the crowd, similar to The Killers.
Kendrick Lamar. Set list of DNA, King Kunta, Humble, Swimming Pools, and Alright.

LCD Soundsystem. Set list of Losing My Edge, All My Friends, You Wanted A Hit, Dance Yrself Clean.

Most of the musicians I like are either too old or dead. I wouldn’t mind an Aussie talent though.

Chantoozies

Bad week for the Eagles:

Former Eagles player Brad Sheppard has sued the AFL, the club, and two doctors for the injuries he suffered during his career that was cut short after ongoing medical issues.

In a writ lodged in the Supreme Court of Western Australia last week, Mr Sheppard named the Australian Football League, Indian Pacific Limited trading as the West Coast Eagles, and sport physicians Gerard Taylor and Alex Strahan as defendants.

Mr Sheppard claimed damages and costs from personal injuries he suffered during his time with the club, being November 2009 until his retirement in 2021.

He alleged, in the writ, the accident, injuries, loss and damage were caused by the negligence or breach of contract or duty from the AFL, the Eagles, and the two doctors.

In the writ, Mr Sheppard said his treatment was provided by Dr Taylor and Dr Strahan in connection with the West Coast Eagles.

The Eagles drafted Mr Sheppard with the seventh pick from WAFL club East Fremantle in the 2009 AFL draft.

Mr Sheppard, a life member of the club, went on to play 216 games between 2010 and 2021 but missed the 2018 premiership due to injury.

In 2021, Mr Sheppard suffered two major concussions and retired at the age of 30 after receiving medical advice over his ongoing concussion symptoms.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp The Non-North Footy Discussion & Matchday Chat Thread (NNFD&MCT) IX

Remove this Banner Ad

Back