The O.C.

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah I know what you mean... the flashbacks had me missing sitting down every Tuesday in 2004 to watch season 1. I still think the best ever episode was the season finale of season 1. Where Ryan and Marissa had to seperate at Julie and Caleb's wedding.
lol i watched that at a mates house with some girls from the local grammar n almost everyone there had teary eyes.
Say what you will the show had brilliant writing and great character development

Erm I missed Tuesday nights episode, so I didnt even realise the finale was on last nite? Wasnt the AFL on (in Adelaide)? I was at the game I know that much. I will be downloading it however.

I didn't like how they skipped heaps of eps...

I don't think i've actually felt pain watching telly but when I though seth and summer were over it was like my own relationship was over.

I was too busy wiping my eyes to see the first seconds of the wedding scene, my partner said "look!" and i looked up and saw summer and my heart just went again, lmao.

Kudos to the show for making the characters feel like they were my friends ahahahha. Sad it's over but yes closure is good and i can sleep well knowing seth and summer are together yayyyyy

mckinale said:
so ends the best teen drama imo

Definitely, I totally agree.

It's a break from all the cops and doctors shows, now that it's over it means that there will be MORE NCIS. :thumbsdown:

Seth and Summer are boring, though.

I hate the show. Sorry to those who are fans of the show but this bores me to tears.
My neighbour watches it religiously and he has it up full bore so that I can't get to sleep at that time of night.

RIP the OC. You have been a part of my life for the better part of 3 years and you will be sorely missed. A great finale and a fitting end to the OC dynasty. :(

What are some other shows that are comming up that we can jump aboard the bandwagon?

Well Josh Schwartz will be producing a new show called 'Gossip Girls', which will be basically another version of The OC except for the fact it is set in New York.

I agree with whoever said it was the best teen drama. Much better than Dawsons which was far too emo and full of self pity, even though I liked it.

OC had the humour factor. I felt they played the whole Marissa thing too long through Season 3 and I think the fact that the first 3 or 4 episodes of this season was basically only about Marissa was detrimental. 1 episode ok....pulling out over 3 was silly.

It had so much potential. I cant remember ever seeing/hearing so many people hooked on a teen drama before. The first two series were probably close to the best tv series ive seen. Pity it went downhill so fast.

The ending seemed so tacked on. I feel sad that its over but annoyed that it ended that way. Just seemed fake, like they ran out of money and finished it off in 5 minutes.

RIP The OC

And so we have reached the end of the OC, im not ashamed to say I had a few tears welling up towards the end there. It was a show that captured my interest like nothing else ever did on TV. I may have no life and I may well be over reacting but I think my weeks wont be anywhere near the same, and definetly not my Tuesdays.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It did look like it was rushed together - it should have be a 2 hour finale. They only knew it was cancelled 6 weeks ago so to get it written and put together in a couple of weeks is not bad

It did look like it was rushed together - it should have be a 2 hour finale. They only knew it was cancelled 6 weeks ago so to get it written and put together in a couple of weeks is not bad

it was known since before they started shooting the fourth season that it'd have a reduced episode count and be the last one. no excuses.

the oc ended with the end of season 3. season 4 was little more than a joke. over blown, over played, tryed too hard.

and imho, at least dawsosn creek was fairly consistant over a number of seasons, before again the last season sucked. The OC had one excellent season and a couple of average ones.

Season 4 better than 3 imo

Hell yes. This season started off great, dipped in the middle, then got better at the end. Although the ending was rushed etc, it was still quite good IMO, and gave us the ending for all the characters that people would have wanted to see - Ryan successful, Seth/Summer marriage, Kirsten/Sandy and Sophie (?..the baby), Julie/Frank/Kaitlin and so on.

Great show and I'l miss it for sure. :(

Remove this Banner Ad

The O.C.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back