The O.C.

Remove this Banner Ad

The cage fighting was for Ryan to release his anger - I saw no harm in it, especially considering Ryan has always been a little violent.

Ryan's Dad was a great addition.

For a character to have so much potential, having been saved until season 4 and virtually nothing known about him at all, Ryan's Dad was a major dissapointment. Taking aside the fact that Hercules played him (who looked more like a suave businessman than a bruised, drunk bludger from Chino), the fact that he came back and the only plotline for him to fall into was to pursue his love for Julie Cooper, was a major drop of the ball.

Reuniting with his son? The conflict with Sandy and Kaitlin?

It wasn't just one plotline.

look at ryans mum.

look at ryans dad

spot the difference.

the writing for some episodes just stunk of cheese too. jokes that worked in season 1 (or gasp, even season 2 or 3) fell flat on their face, or their timing was totally off, in season 4.

they never even resolved ryans baby drama from seaosn 1. that at least should have been one storyline they could have pulled out of their bag in season 4. Was theresa lting and the baby was born. Was the baby ryans. gasp. what drama how will ryan react. The writers of the OC have always had trouble with judging the length of storylines, a classic example was how they just brushed the roberts-cooper marriage under the table in what seemed like half an episode.

did seth actually do anything in season 4, or did he just wander in, make a quip and walk out. Ryan had his stories, summer was the hippy, taylor was all over the place and involved in everything... hell even mini coop had her geek boyfriend. I'm sure seth must have done something, but atm I can't remember anything....

I didn't like the whole Ryan's father storyline - it was just predictable and took time away from Sandy and Kirsten. The really ordinary storyline in Season 4 was Che and his friendship with Seth - I was so over him.

I really did like the show in its earlier days, the new season didnt appeal to me though, it didnt have the same grip on me

they never even resolved ryans baby drama from seaosn 1. that at least should have been one storyline they could have pulled out of their bag in season 4. Was theresa lting and the baby was born. Was the baby ryans. gasp. what drama how will ryan react. The writers of the OC have always had trouble with judging the length of storylines, a classic example was how they just brushed the roberts-cooper marriage under the table in what seemed like half an episode.

The Theresa-baby storyline was resolved last season in episode 23. Theresa told Ryan the truth about who the father was, the father was Eddie.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

The O.C.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back