The offended you all have over Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

You're nowhere near us. We plodded along for 3/4 of the game, while you guys busted a nut. The only qrt we put in anything near 100%, and we out scored you by 5 goals.

I think we're closing, that game was quite a while now and most clubs have worked you out now. Still a great team, but i think you'll find the screws are going to get tighter.
For a minute there i thought it was a Geelong person saying Carlton weren't even close to them...and that would just be wishful thinking!!

Tonight showed the world that that they are the worst team in history to not have lost a game thus far, they won all those close games and good luck to them but if i was a cat i would be be very worried as when they play half decent sides on the 'G' More often than not they are GAWN!

I think we're closing, that game was quite a while now and most clubs have worked you out now. Still a great team, but i think you'll find the screws are going to get tighter.
For a minute there i thought it was a Geelong person saying Carlton weren't even close to them...and that would just be wishful thinking!!

Tonight showed the world that that they are the worst team in history to not have lost a game thus far, they won all those close games and good luck to them but if i was a cat i would be be very worried as when they play half decent sides on the 'G' More often than not they are GAWN!

So most clubs have worked us out yet we only lost one game to Geelong by 3 points when we should've been awarded the win and smallest win is one goal against Sydney:rolleyes:

Don't you take into consideration that our winning margains are about 50 points plus.Yeh clubs sure have worked us out:rolleyes:We're shaking in our boots.

Carlton - Top 4
West Coke - Not Top 4

Top 4 = Realistic Flag Chance
Not Top 4 = No Flag Chance

The offended is strong in this one

Yoda_SWSB.jpg
offended is the last thing I am feeling.

We were last years wooden spooners and tipped for similar this season.

Presently we stand at 5th having beaten Carlton easily at their home ground.

Dropped one against another top 4 team in Hawthorn.

All in all we are doing exceptionally well and unlike Carlton play a brand of football that suits finals.

Did I mention we beat Carlton easily?

offended is the last thing I am feeling.

We were last years wooden spooners and tipped for similar this season.

Presently we stand at 5th having beaten Carlton easily.

Dropped one against top another top 4 team in Hawthorn.

All in all we are doing exceptionally well and unlike Carlton play a brand of football that suits finals.

Did I mention we beat Carlton easily?

And us;)

ahahahahhaahahhah and your still 3rd and a game and a half behind us with the bye still to come so that will be 2 and a half games:cool:

man you're worse:eek:

you had claimed you had overtaken Geelong after their loss which was completely wrong

then you defend yourself with that?

:eek:

1: Carlton don't win big games

Well, what is a big game? By most people's criteria we've won 2 this season, both against Sydney and our next is against Collingwood.

2: Carlton is still not a physical side, and are completely inadequate in contested marking at both ends

We're ranked #1 in first possessions, #2 in tackles and #4 in contested possessions. So 'not a physical side' is bull-oney.

Contested marking as team, I agree, is pretty poor. Waite on one end goes well, Jamison on the other also goes well but after that it gets pretty bad. Our success in our forwardline will largely depend on how Kreuzer's form goes and if he can hang onto those marks. On the other end, I reckon Laidler & White will become pretty handy.

Some may argue that the potency of our forwardline comes from the big men creating a spillage to Betts & Garlett, arguably the best SF duo in the league.

3: The players that bully bottom 4 sides disappear completely against top sides... Mitch Robinson is a great example

Who are these players? Mitch Robinson only hit form after the Geelong game. I didn't notice much of him before then, and he didn't play against WCE.

4: You're broke as all hell

Source? We certainly aren't broke. A fair chunk of debt which the club has shown no signs of panic about. What's the biggie?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't make me laugh. Most clubs have had their arse handed to them by us this season, including yours.

Well, what is a big game? By most people's criteria we've won 2 this season, both against Sydney and our next is against Collingwood.

We're ranked #1 in first possessions, #2 in tackles and #4 in contested possessions. So 'not a physical side' is bull-oney.

Contested marking as team, I agree, is pretty poor. Waite on one end goes well, Jamison on the other also goes well but after that it gets pretty bad. Our success in our forwardline will largely depend on how Kreuzer's form goes and if he can hang onto those marks. On the other end, I reckon Laidler & White will become pretty handy.

Some may argue that the potency of our forwardline comes from the big men creating a spillage to Betts & Garlett, arguably the best SF duo in the league.

Who are these players? Mitch Robinson only hit form after the Geelong game. I didn't notice much of him before then, and he didn't play against WCE.

Source? We certainly aren't broke. A fair chunk of debt which the club has shown no signs of panic about. What's the biggie?

You lost to Geelong and you lost to the Eagles, a direct opponent for a top 4 spot. How the hell is Sydney a "big game" and the Eagles game not? Have you not heard of an "8 point game" before?, because last week was a pretty good example of it, and Carlton came up short.

Who have Carlton beaten this year that they shouldn't have? The closest thing to a win worth writing home about was beating Sydney in Sydney; who aren't going to challenge for a flag and will play one week of finals.

Carlton have beaten up on teams below them, lost to those that will be playing off for a flag and drew with Essendon, who until today were plummeting faster than a bet slip near Fev.

Win a game that matters, against a side that is going somewhere this year - then start bleating on about where the Blues are. Until then, back in yer box untiil you lose in the first week of finals. Again.

If we want to talk about them as a team pushing for a Grand Final... then no, that doesn't count as being big games. They are 7th for the love of pants.

That's a regulation game :eek:

Will you have your money on Betts and Garlett to tear up a finals series?

I certainly would not. You know full well that they are the first players to slink away when the contest gets hot. Those grabs need to be taken across the board. Chasing someone with the ball is one thing.. a player will to get up there and fight for a ball in the air is everything. N Riewoldt doesn't do it, and he is bordering on irrelevant now... Cloke does do it, and it is a game changer... sure, he can't kick for shit, but when 3 defenders, not 1 are going to every contest, things change

Carlton don't have a forward option that can pull apart a defensive zone. You won't see the top defensive sides having to peel defenders off to go to contests. That will hurt Carlton against sides they need to beat in September

Rd 1: Rich - 29 disposals
Rd 2: GC - 22 disposals
Rd 3: Coll - 13 disposals :eek:

Rd 6: Syd - 13 disposals :eek:
Rd 7: St Kilda - 17 disposals
Rd 8: Bye
Rd 9: Geelong - 11 disposals
Rd 10: Melbourne - 30 disposals

It's weird, you'd say that his disposal count recognises ladder position.

The guy loves playing bottom sides, and struggles against classy midfields. That's just the way it is. He is clearly a nutter, and hilarious to watch, but he is what he is... a plodder with a chip on his shoulder is still a plodder

I just threw that in for fun, what with Collingwood being hella rich and Carlton being hella poor.

LOL at the Carltank pretenders.

To the OP sorry but why would a Hawk supporter be offended over Carltank.

They are our bitches and we like them. :thumbsu:

Have you actually been to a final that your team has been playing in ?

Worm4
BigFooty Member

Carlton

Have you?

Last final I saw with my side in it was, strangely enough, the last final Melbourne played in Melbourne - 2006 win against the 'Aints.

Last time your mob played a final in Melbourne, wasn't this peanut at the helm before you were docked for salary cap breaches?:

show_image.php

I've seen Carlton win more finals than you've probably has hot dinners.
I actually feel sorry for Melbourne supporters on this site - I doubt that there is 1 melb supporter on this site that has seen a winning grand final.

Sure, like the 2000 Qualifying final...oh, wait.

I'd rather be developing a young list like the Demons are, rather than a club still trying to convince everyone that they are powerful when in reality they are just the new Western Bulldogs. Everyone thinks they've probably got a good list, but they never seem to do anything with it. You'll play finals for a few years, a couple of prelims, but you'll get beaten by stronger and faster sides. You're always one Judd knee away from mediocrity.

You've won one flag in 20 years. It'll be another 20 years before you win another one.

Remove this Banner Ad

The offended you all have over Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back