The OFFICIAL 2013 AFL Trade & Free Agency Board

Who will trade first in the trade & free agency period?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Benclank01

Team Captain
May 1, 2011
Wagin, Western Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Hello BigFooty.com supporters,

Welcome to the official discussion of the 2013 AFL Trade & Free Agency Period all sponsored by Gillette, one of the biggest razor blade brands in the world.

From 4th October to 25th October, one of the biggest trade and free agency period begins with the biggest players Lance Franklin, Dale Thomas, Heath Shaw, Stewart Crameri, Dustin Martin, Jesse White, Eddie Betts, Nathan Fyfe, Paul Chapman and Nick Dal Santo.

We have over 50 players that has been rumoured to trade with the other clubs like GWS Giants, Brisbane, North Melbourne, West Coast, Essendon, Melbourne, Collingwood and other 11 clubs.

I'll be taking coverage of the AFL trade & free agency period with the breaking news, rumours and confirmations.

I hope this information will suit you well and we all hope that this will be one of the greatest, biggest, extraordinary, incredible, very good, simple, solid, not bad trade & free agency period.

@ Ben Roderick

P.S. I am not feeling very well. My face is warm, my throat is sore and my ear has a different fast music audio when I heard it on my headphones.

By the way, in the second half of the trade and free agency period. I won't be doing the breaking news, rumours and confirmations because I'm going to school.

But, don't worry. Don't get so much worry, I will be doing a recap in the first half and the second half to cover all the news, the rumours and the confirmations.

Also, I'm from Western Australia which school starts at 8:50am until 3:20pm and I won't attend school at Thursday and Friday, I will be homeschool teaching with my father.

@ Ben Roderick

Only when I clicked into the thread did I realise it was created by Benclanck. Fair to say I was absolutely pissing me pants in laughter!!

Benclanck = Damien Barretts son?

Benclanck do you have any breaking news as of yet?

I interest why Benclank occasion require home schooling, and am very worry such will limit the timely report of exciting trade confirmations, today itself.
That's okay, my friend. I apologize that I won't do any live breaking news in the second half, but I'll do a recap every day when the period starts and ends with the rumours and confirmations. You won't be worry, I promise.

@ Ben Roderick

Only when I clicked into the thread did I realise it was created by Benclanck. Fair to say I was absolutely pissing me pants in laughter!!

Benclanck = Damien Barretts son?

Benclanck do you have any breaking news as of yet?
That's funny, it's like I'm the young Purple Eater. No, I don't have any breaking news until tomorrow which the period starts (literally).

@ Ben Roderick

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have some trade and free agency rumours in the morning, gentlemen. We are going to take a look!

NEWS:
  • Collingwood's Heath Shaw have met with GWS Giants this week to trade the premiership player, also Melbourne and Port Adelaide are interested of getting the Collingwood defender.
  • Sydney's Jesse White might trade with Collingwood for a second or a third round pick for the national draft, had met with Collingwood today plus Western Bulldogs are interested as well.
  • Richmond's Dustin Martin may increase a 2-year offer for his club, but there is a Melbourne club that might get Martin during the trade period.
  • Carlton's Eddie Betts is unlikely to get the small forward player to join Adelaide which the offer is about $2 million, but there is a BIG rumour that West Coast might get upset Adelaide's offer.
  • Adelaide's Ricky Henderson will earn a second-round pick for the national draft to get Brisbane's Jared Polec and Adelaide's Shaun McKernan wants to return to Victoria.
  • Collingwood are hopeful to do a swap between Taylor Adams and Heath Shaw.
  • Carlton and Melbourne are interested of trading St Kilda's Leigh Montagna.
  • Tom Petrono, the manager of some of the players said that St Kilda's Nick Dal Santo is "in no hurry" to leave the club and might join a rival club to win a premiership and Melbourne's Colin Sylvia has returned to his holiday and might meet with coach Paul Roos and sign a contract with his club.
That's all the news and rumours that we had this morning, I'll might come back and do a live update to see what's going with the trade and free agency period.
I'll see you later, everyone!
@ Ben Roderick
News source by: AFL.com.au and News.com.au

NEWS (LIVE):
  • Hawthorn's Xavier Ellis is leaving the Hawthorn Football Club.
  • Geelong's Paul Chapman is offering a 10-game contract to stay with the club next year.
  • Greg Size, Luke Delaney's manager has told that Delaney is giving a three-year contract to St Kilda.

Just a quick clarifying question about Free Agency: Does the AFL still allocate a club compensation at the end of free agency based on what has come in and gone out of each club i.e. if Thomas leaves Collingwood (it is suggested we will get pick 11, the pick directly after our first selection), if we were to get say a Sylvia across will that pick be affected? i hope this makes sense!!

Just a quick clarifying question about Free Agency: Does the AFL still allocate a club compensation at the end of free agency based on what has come in and gone out of each club i.e. if Thomas leaves Collingwood (it is suggested we will get pick 11, the pick directly after our first selection), if we were to get say a Sylvia across will that pick be affected? i hope this makes sense!!

Yes, it's a net compensation. If you lose Thomas (tier 1) and gain Sylvia (tier 3?), your compo will be the difference (tier 4/5).

You could do what Port did last year though and opt to trade instead. They gave pick 48 (?) to Essendon for Monfries as not to dilute the FA compo for losing Pearce.

BREAKING NEWS (LIVE)
  • Dustin Martin of the Richmond Football Club has been re-signed for two years at Punt Road after all the meetings with GWS Giants, Melbourne, Brisbane, Sydney and St Kilda. There was a Victorian club who get Martin during the free agency period, however Martin has signed it before the period starts. So, cheers to Dustin for getting two years at Richmond and his future stays!

@ Ben Roderick

Remove this Banner Ad

The OFFICIAL 2013 AFL Trade & Free Agency Board

Back