The OFFICIAL 2013 AFL Trade & Free Agency Board

Who will trade first in the trade & free agency period?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow didn't see that one coming. I guess Leppo rates him highly.

He's originally a Queenslander, and rumour has had Brisbane interested for several years, although clearly not in a big way. His opportunities at Richmond were likely to decline as Aaron Edwards has done well and a bunch of kids moved past him as third forward, so it's a good move for him.

NEWS & BREAKING NEWS (LIVE):
  • For some of you who don't know, there has been a rumour between Jonathon Patton that he met with the Western Bulldogs in Whitten Oval yesterday, so we might consider it's a trade or not a trade.
  • Collingwood has confirmed that Dayne Beams is not up for trade and he is a contracted player.
  • According to Tristan Foenander at Trade Radio that Collingwood's Kyle Martin has signed a one-year contract and retained as a rookie.
  • Carlton and Richmond are out for Taylor Adams, so Adams might be going to Collingwood when the trade period starts.
  • Adelaide has lodged the paperwork of Eddie Betts trading, Carlton will have 72 hours to respond and match their offer.
  • Trade Radio has floated the idea of Brisbane's Patrick Karnezis making a swap for Collingwood's Jackson Paine, because Paine didn't play a senior game this year.
  • It appears that 8 Collingwood players will have new contracts announced, the players may announce today or tomorrow which it is my prediction.
  • Brisbane's Justin Clarke is set to re-sign as a Brisbane player with a three-year contract, that might happen soon.
  • Sydney has lodged the paperwork of Lance Franklin trading, Hawthorn has to respond, match the offer or decline within the next 72 hours.
@ Ben Roderick

I read there is a chance he might stay at GWS as well.

Well Until anything Official is Announced anything can still Happen.

Though Adams seems desperate to get back to VIC

Welcome to the first day of the 2013 AFL Gillette Trade Period and sorry for the wait because there has been a slow Saturday and Sunday for everyone who is involved with any clubs and you know, they need to take a break. So, now they're back and they're ready with the trade period, let's start with the trade winds.

• Luke Shuey's manager Nick Gieschen saying that his cilent Luke Shuey is not going nowhere from his club West Coast Eagles.
  • GWS Giants may trade Jonathan Giles to Adelaide after securing his services last year and they might trade youngsters Tomas Bugg and Matt Buntine.
  • Fremantle target the delisted Geelong premiership player James Podsiadly and they believe they need an alternative key forward target for the next two seasons.
  • Brisbane Lions is demanding a No. 19 pick for securing Hawthorn's Billy Longer and Hawthorn maybe suggesting Shane Savage in the part of a deal, but Brisbane's list manager Rob Kerr saying that a first-round pick "at the very least."
  • Taylor Adams from GWS Giants could decide his preferred destination today with Collingwood or Geelong at his hands.
Source: AFL.com.au, SEN, The Australian, News Limited, Peter Bell and Terry Wallace
That is about the morning news of the first day's trade period, there will be updates (like always) and I will won't be doing recaps, because they're long for me but I will recap the confirmations in the second half when there is school time.
@ Ben Roderick

(Log in to remove this ad.)

RUMOUR

I had more information on Tomas Bugg and Matt Buntine may trade to any club from their club GWS Giants, according to The Australian that one of the players Bugg is offering a deal from Collingwood and there is no year and no money yet.

@ Ben Roderick

BREAKING NEWS

Collingwood's Dale Thomas has admitted that his free agency move to Carlton will go through today as Collingwood will not be matching the offer.
So congratulations?

@ Ben Roderick

Adams should have made his mind up by yesterday at the very least, a little bit unprofessional IMO.

NEWS

According to Trade Radio, Fremantle's football manager Chris Bond has refused of ruling out the club that has interested of delisted Geelong premiership player James Podsiadly.

@ Ben Roderick

NEWS
  • Fremantle's Josh Mellington has asked with his club that he would like to move back to his home state Victoria after failing to play a game in the last three seasons.
  • AFL's Jen Phelan has tweeted that Gold Coast Suns are not interested of Collingwood's Heath Shaw and they except to not do much trades this year.
Source: AFL.com.au, The West Australian
@ Ben Roderick

BREAKING NEWS

Carlton has confirmed that they lodged the paperwork for Collingwood's free agent Dale Thomas and Collingwood has not match the offer, so Thomas is now a Carlton player.
Congratulations!

@ Ben Roderick

NEWS

Hawthorn's Shane Savage has expressed interest of clubs Carlton, Melbourne, St Kilda and West Coast and Savage will announce the club as his preferred destination this week.

@ Ben Roderick

NEWS

Western Bulldogs' list manager Jason McCartney has deny the rumours of trading GWS Giants' Jonathon Patton and saying it is unlikely to trade the GWS Giants player and there might be a way of trading Essendon's Stewart Crameri soon.

@ Ben Roderick

Remove this Banner Ad

The OFFICIAL 2013 AFL Trade & Free Agency Board

Back