Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Pacers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 16.7%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Might not be one big factory but it may as well be.
Theyre made in China, with the same pathetic labour laws as the next warehouse/factory. What province they're in makes little to no difference.

Stop kissing Lebron's ass, he is no better than Jordan and is 99.9% only interested in growing his and his family's wealth.
He gives no f**ks about whether his shoes are made by children.
This just isnt true. Labour laws greatly differ from one province to the next. We have seen that with the solar panel industry whereby both Australia and US only allow manufacturing to be done in certain provinces. Origin Energy got caught purcahsing solar panel equipment made in the Uyghur slave camps for example.

We have seen that with Target USA also who only buy clothes based on the provinces they are made in. Target was doing short run manufacturing (so basically you create in batches of 1000 as opposed to 10,000 ) which is/was being done in more or less slave labour communities. . Its not even the labour itself for clothing material also. They still run some of the machinery from the 1990s to make certain clothes. You can tell by stitching if you pay enough attention

You are arguing against what is fact really. MJ got caught red handed visiting and approving the working conditions his shoes were made in. He just didnt care.

Thank **** they've legalised weed in Colorado.
They'll need it to get through a year of watching Russ

I KNOW RIGHT I had forgotten they signed Westbrook until I checked the box score and he was like 1/6 with 0/3 from three at half time. Big soft spot for Denver and Jokic has shrunk because they signed Westcronk.

Why not just get a cheaper Payton Prichard style guard that will do the 12 rotation minutes acceptably.

Can we create a MJ v LBJ thread so people can bitch for pages in end there instead of here?
It's honestly not needed. If we're being realistic, LeBron is in the 2-10 range. Somewhere in there.

Jordan is out on his own. Everybody knows this.

They arnt. It isnt 1 giant building at all. Shoe manufacturing split between like 6 different Chinese provinces. It depends on the one you choose the standard of not only the shoe itself, but employee conditions and machinery used. I mean you dont believe Nike and KMart make shoes in the same conditions surely?

Nike too made pretty big progress in the child labour situation since 2006 when all this came out. Its very well known MJ took a massive hands on approach to his brand, like he does everything so was well aware of the working conditions since he had toured and chosen the facility.
Hahah this guy out here thinking Jordan at 22 years old was flying out to China to choose which factories and which children to make his shoes.

Please stop hahah

Hahah this guy out here thinking Jordan at 22 years old was flying out to China to choose which factories and which children to make his shoes.

Please stop hahah
Very hard to find but I did find the quote when they found out his shoes were being made by child slaves

During the 1996 NBA Finals, when asked about the alleged abuse of child workers, Jordan said: “I think that’s Nike’s decision to do what they can to make sure everything is correctly done. I don’t know the complete situation. Why should I? I’m trying to do my job.”

After this they found out MJ did infact go to China and see how the shoes were being made which is why he gave such a response

In any sense he isnt out on his own because he didnt play for long enough. Losing a few years of his career to suspension for match fixing takes him out of the discussion really

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

The Official 2024/25 NBA Week One Thread

Back