Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Pacers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 15.8%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Tbh I think there's more to the Haliburton struggles than just New York's D.

I watched some of their opener against the Pistons live, and he was only attempting step back threes. Same thing today, he's not getting into the paint or distributing. Dunno whether it's physical or mental, but he's playing a completely different game compared to 12 months ago.
Lazy/unfit most likely

Lazy/unfit most likely

I really don't think it's laziness.

Much more likely to be psychological, pertaining to the injuries he had last season. Doesn't look confident in his ability to absorb contact, navigate the paint, jump off one leg, etc. To the naked eye looks to be playing conservatively.

I'm only basing this off their two games this season, and some residual memories from the latter part of last season. It could just be confidence. If they rest him a few games, it's physical. If they let him play through it, probably just mental.

I really don't think it's laziness.

Much more likely to be psychological, pertaining to the injuries he had last season. Doesn't look confident in his ability to absorb contact, navigate the paint, jump off one leg, etc. To the naked eye looks to be playing conservatively.

I'm only basing this off their two games this season, and some residual memories from the latter part of last season. It could just be confidence. If they rest him a few games, it's physical. If they let him play through it, probably just mental.

I think it's his voice

Listened to a podcast that mentioned Tatums hot start (first game). He's playing with a chip on his shoulder, thanks to steve kerr and other factors. Listed a number of 26 year old who have excelled in the league at that age, winning chips, MVPs, scoring titles. Those included Dirk, Duncan, Kobe, Magic, Jordan. Tatums age? 26.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Official 2024/25 NBA Week One Thread

Back