Toast The Official Bailey Banfield Appreciation Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Does he have a painting hidden in a closet somewhere?
We will absolutely get a picture of BB when he’s coaching somewhere in 15 years and he looks the exact same as the day he was drafted

Last edited:
I wouldnt bet on us looking after him. Great form and all but he's not going to get into that "core player" bracket and we know how we value wings...

He'll likely get much better offers elsewhere and have a decision to make, I wouldnt begrudge him taking a deal
With Colin Young as his Manager and being a Free Agent and having his best year so far he will certainly be getting bigger offers to move.

It has shades of Blakers about it!

Hopefully he signs with us again but as you say you can't begrudge him if he cashes in.

Bailey bleeds purple. He loves the club and wants to be a one club player. We will look after him.

He is a very levelled headed man and would not be influenced by any snake oil salesman manager.
Willie Creek are also a great sponsor, and he’s a great ambassador for Purple Hands.
I do worry about him, his family, and his friends reading some of the negativity about him. Fan abuse has been highlighted in the media this week, and he has been targeted to the point where The West identified him as “the whipping boy”.

Last edited:
I wonder whether he stays or not is less dependent on money and about opportunities, not only to play games but more on wing. Seems prefer playing up ground and chances to get involved rather than stuck in fwd line

I wonder whether he stays or not is less dependent on money and about opportunities, not only to play games but more on wing. Seems prefer playing up ground and chances to get involved rather than stuck in fwd line
I don't think he is motivated by money - he has a bright financal future with his family business and his amazing TEE results

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think he is motivated by money - he has a bright financal future with his family business and his amazing TEE results
Again, he's the sustainability officer at Freo. He's well covered.

If he gets 2 years elsewhere then I wouldn't be mad at him for taking it, should only be on 1 year deals over here now.

Keep performing and keep getting contracts, simple stuff.

Absolutely fine with him getting two years here. I’d almost consider letting him have a third year as a trigger.

Worst case scenario is he drifts to about player 25-30 in our squad, which IMO is roughly where he’d be at some of best lists in the competition. He’s much better than around half this board gives him credit for. He’s no superstar but is far from a spud.

Absolutely fine with him getting two years here. I’d almost consider letting him have a third year as a trigger.

Worst case scenario is he drifts to about player 25-30 in our squad, which IMO is roughly where he’d be at some of best lists in the competition. He’s much better than around half this board gives him credit for. He’s no superstar but is far from a spud.
Yep
As far as our depth goes he’s top of the heap ( he’s fringe/ actual B22 ) that’s an indication of how bad our forward stocks are
Hope he stays on

it still saddens me that The West reported him as being "Freo's whipping boy" - we need to step back and be supportive of all of our players
Which is ironic considering O'Meara and Hughes by far fit that title more, doesn't make it any better, but I think they're about 2-3 years late to that party.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back