Toast The Official Bailey Banfield Appreciation Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

His return to poor form has coincided with playing more time deep forward.

He was great as a wingman and then we just stopped playing him there.

I feel sorry for him in that regard.

That last 50 was as much on JL as it was on Banfield for not taking him off for stinking it up in the 3rd quarter.

I was pretty strong most of the season on a 1 year extension but he had finally convinced me by like round 14/15 of a 2 year extension, since then he has been, at best decent, at worst terrible.

Would be comfortable of a 1 year contract with maybe triggers instead

I wouldn't begrudge him leaving for security though, I do think he is handy depth, hopefully this puts to bed any talk of a 3 year contract though, I never understood that talk after all the complaining about Hughes, it would be the same situation in 3 years

I am not sure why any poster is a "hater" if they are critical of Banfield's game.

Banners has played some decent games for Freo but yesterday wasn't one of them.

We, as supporters, are permitted to discus his game here without being labelled as haters.
In the "Banfield Sympathiser's" defense, this is supposed to be the Official Bailey Banfield APPRECIATION Thread.

I was pretty strong most of the season on a 1 year extension but he had finally convinced me by like round 14/15 of a 2 year extension, since then he has been, at best decent, at worst terrible.

Would be comfortable of a 1 year contract with maybe triggers instead

I wouldn't begrudge him leaving for security though, I do think he is handy depth, hopefully this puts to bed any talk of a 3 year contract though, I never understood that talk after all the complaining about Hughes, it would be the same situation in 3 years
Pretty much my thoughts regarding this.

We know he doesn't play well being isolated in the fwd line , where esp in the cats and yesterday's game he was playing deep fwd , esp in last quarters. He also it's good playing third tall. His best position is playing fwd up the ground or wing. Unfortunately with Walters out and other preferred options on the wing such as MJ or JOM, that's the role he's played.

Even those calling to delist after yesterday's game, can't say he wouldn't be handy depth to have if our wing stocks or fwds go down. Who knows, if he wants that wing spot maybe he will build up more of tank offseason and train for that role more, as that fatigue setting in has also contributed to the drop

His return to poor form has coincided with playing more time deep forward.

He was great as a wingman and then we just stopped playing him there.

I feel sorry for him in that regard.

That last 50 was as much on JL as it was on Banfield for not taking him off for stinking it up in the 3rd quarter.

I think it just shows how badly we need small forwards.

Frederick, Switta, Banfield, O'Meara all spending too much time deep in the forward line.

If we added two small forwards to our team, our team balance would be so much better

I don't know why they persist on playing Banfield in the forward line when he has proven time and time again he's far better playing on the wing, hell, he was one of the best wingmen in the competition earlier in the season.

I don't know why they persist on playing Banfield in the forward line when he has proven time and time again he's far better playing on the wing, hell, he was one of the best wingmen in the competition earlier in the season.
He even scored more goals there.

He's been the 3rd leading goalscorer pretty much the whole season because of those early goals he scored while playing on the wing.
Probably should of had 8 or so more, either missing gettable goals like 3 in Weagles game and few he passed off yesterday that he should of kicked .. confidence is prob shot being relegated back into deep fwd..

Can we rename this the 'Official Bailey Banfield Depreciation Thread' ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The facade that is Bailey Banfield, works hard to get into good positions then butchers it either mentally or physically.

"Bailey? Meet Liam.."

Or maybe just GTFO of this thread .. 👍
It's just like the deathride thread. So weird how people seem incapable of understanding the simple difference between here and there — or, alternatively, have such an inflated sense of the worth of their opinion that they've got to go into every little space on the internet they can find to "have their say" in case someone might be left thinking differently to them.

It's just like the deathride thread. So weird how people seem incapable of understanding the simple difference between here and there — or, alternatively, have such an inflated sense of the worth of their opinion that they've got to go into every little space on the internet they can find to "have their say" in case someone might be left thinking differently to them.
Hmmm...not sure if you were in support or against my post lol 😂🤣

The way I see it, this is banners appreciation thread. There are other threads where he has been crucified already. It's no different to going on an Oppo board after a loss and throwing the boot in.

Hmmm...not sure if you were in support or against my post lol 😂🤣

The way I see it, this is banners appreciation thread. There are other threads where he has been crucified already. It's no different to going on an Oppo board after a loss and throwing the boot in.
Cry me a river

Well, when I'm right. I'm right.

Got nothing to do with being heroic, but I'm gunna cop flack for suggesting Banfield is dead wood, along with Taberener and Hughes, and needs to be cut off.

And that's fine, when the teams better off without these spuds, I'm not gunna want a pat on the back and a "you were right". The results will be vindication enough for me.

Thanks for your time.
Haha, 98% of the Fremantle board have been hammering Taberner, Hughes and Banners the last few years. Hardly weathering a storm when you're going with everyone else.

On Pixel 7 using BigFooty.com mobile app

6 weeks ago there would have been wankfest gifs everywhere, not so much now.
Just want consistency from him, but there doesn’t seem to be a defined role for him wiwo.
As long as he’s not costing us a bomb, we need experienced depth.
he's the perfect super sub. Kicks more goals when coming on in the 4th than when playing the whole game. Brings more F50 pressure with the extra energy when the others are tired. Can play anywhere if you need him to from HB, wing, mid, HF or crumbing forward. Is experienced, knows the game plan, and strong body. Far more effective than when we've thrown a newbie in as sub.
These are my pearls of wisdom.

6 weeks ago there would have been wankfest gifs everywhere, not so much now.
Just want consistency from him, but there doesn’t seem to be a defined role for him wiwo.
As long as he’s not costing us a bomb, we need experienced depth.
Yeah he's had a couple of shockers in recent weeks, but imo he played his best games further up the ground

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast The Official Bailey Banfield Appreciation Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back