Toast The Official Bailey Banfield Appreciation Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

6 weeks ago there would have been wankfest gifs everywhere, not so much now.
Just want consistency from him, but there doesn’t seem to be a defined role for him wiwo.
As long as he’s not costing us a bomb, we need experienced depth.
I see Bailey as a very handy depth player so I whould offer a games played type of deal. Gets a guaranteed salary to play at Peel and bonuses for every game he is named in the b22. I just want JLo to do the right thing and drop him when it is required.

I see Bailey as a very handy depth player so I whould offer a games played type of deal. Gets a guaranteed salary to play at Peel and bonuses for every game he is named in the b22. I just want JLo to do the right thing and drop him when it is required.
In terms of a squad structure, no question Banfield offers good value. However for the past 4-5 weeks he's been operating in a deficit with his clangers vs output ratio. He has needed something to help him reset, as he doesn't seem to be getting out of that rut just by playing week in week out.

WAFL or sub me thinks. Also might give a chance to inject more much needed forward-transition personnel into the team.

he's the perfect super sub. Kicks more goals when coming on in the 4th than when playing the whole game. Brings more F50 pressure with the extra energy when the others are tired. Can play anywhere if you need him to from HB, wing, mid, HF or crumbing forward. Is experienced, knows the game plan, and strong body. Far more effective than when we've thrown a newbie in as sub.
These are my pearls of wisdom.
yep, if we had a best 22. he would be sub. and i'm confident it would contribute to us winning.

however, i don't see him in the gf starting on the field. an almost a goal a game starting as a sub is absurd. can play anywhere. very useful.

yep, if we had a best 22. he would be sub. and i'm confident it would contribute to us winning.

however, i don't see him in the gf starting on the field. an almost a goal a game starting as a sub is absurd. can play anywhere. very useful.
Seems to be a nervous starter. Bar the weekend, most of the games his best was third and last quarters, when he was able to get up the ground.

Said it previously, a confidence player. If he kicks the first goal he can go on to kick three. Eg eagles game. Misses the first few can end up missing sitters.

But agree. Good as a sub if not going to be playing up the ground

Seems to be a nervous starter. Bar the weekend, most of the games his best was third and last quarters, when he was able to get up the ground.

Said it previously, a confidence player. If he kicks the first goal he can go on to kick three. Eg eagles game. Misses the first few can end up missing sitters.

But agree. Good as a sub if not going to be playing up the ground
yeah agreed about confidence player. can kick a handy bag of 4. which indicates once hes got his tail up hes a bit of a weapon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I joke about Banners a lot, but I'm really happy for him and the club. He probably had more lucrative offers, but he loves Freo. Hope he has some awesome games for us going forward.

Has been thrown around a lot this year, and played out of position.

Happy to sign him for 2 +1 years, but I also hope he plays less game next year.

The Banfield family pearl business could be worth quite a lot. I found an article that says they had a revenue of $10 million in 2014 and I presume there is decent profit and the business has kept growing. It may mean he is happy to play for big unders. Makes sense for Freo to sign him up as we need as many cheap players and happy WAGs as possible.

He probably signed it prior to last game. If so, he probably wishes he didn't based on the abuse he probably got after the game on the weekend

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast The Official Bailey Banfield Appreciation Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back