Mega Thread The Official Eastern Conference Finals Thread: Miami Heat vs Indiana Pacers

Remove this Banner Ad

Indiana in 7. Roy Hibbert is too good.

p.s is there a bigfooty equivalent for NBA? a site where fans of every team sign up etc. ?

i thought AFL was getting hard to watch but **** me NBA refs are doing my head in... yes i go for Miami so maybe a little sour...

Hibbert is a giant we cant get a rebound to save our lives...
Too many Miami players not doing enough just expecting it to happen...need to get serious. I keep expecting Miami to flick the switch and destroy them but the longer this going on the less and less confident i am becoming..frustrated...fk sake..

The refs were horrible today.... for both teams.

Next 3 games come down to a few factors imo

Miami
Making their open 3's - Battier and Ray have had a lot of open looks, just can't hit them
Bosh/UD making jumpers - they need to pull Roy out of the paint, and the only way to do it is to make shots
Lebron in the post - Indy controlled him to a large extent today, but one on one he is too much for anyone to handle
Rebounding - enough said.

Conversely for Indy -
Roy and West down low - No-one on Miami can guard them. Get fouls on Bosh and Bird and it hamstrings what they can do offensively if they have to get minutes from Alien
The Georges - make shots, win the game. It's as simple as that. PG driving to the hoop has been amazing to watch, just needs to get more easy looks and stay out of foul trouble

yeah good post stewie... agree with u totally..who do u think wins?

the refs were bad for both sides i am just getting frustrated because it just seems in this series whenever it is a clutch moment the dickhead refs pull out some soft 50/50 technical bs for Indiana whenever its close at the end. even the game miami won they were given 3 free throws to put them in front with 2 seconds to go...its doing my head in.

Harsh

972299_10151416169191006_322855627_n.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is NO NBA game today.

I repeat. NO NBA game.

This has been a bugbear of mine for years, and this year it actually benefits my team

However I will ask the question

Is there another professional Sporting competition in the world where teams advance to the next round and start playing matches whilst other teams are still playing their earlier playoff series? Serious question I don't know? maybe in soccer? Does it happen in the MLB, NHL?

What should happen is that all teams should have to wait until all the other teams have finished in their respective playoff rounds. Yes some teams (particularly in the 1st round) will get a few extra days rest but they would of earned it and it would even out. Once the first round finishes, the 2nd round starts

Its a farcical system where the Spurs in this case, from memory were already 2-0 up in the WCF before the ECF series had even started.......ridiculous. The Spurs/Griz series should of been ready and booked to start the night after the Miami/Chicago series finished. Miami/Indiana are now forced to play banged up nights about to try and catch up leaving a huge advantage to the Spurs.

Have a designated time/duration for each playoff/finals round. Yes it would take a bit of foresight and planning(nothing harder than writing the original 82 game schedule though) however it makes it more fairer across the competition, better for TV,more rested players across the board = better games etc, etc

This has been a bugbear of mine for years, and this year it actually benefits my team

However I will ask the question

Is there another professional Sporting competition in the world where teams advance to the next round and start playing matches whilst other teams are still playing their earlier playoff series? Serious question I don't know? maybe in soccer? Does it happen in the MLB, NHL?

What should happen is that all teams should have to wait until all the other teams have finished in their respective playoff rounds. Yes some teams (particularly in the 1st round) will get a few extra days rest but they would of earned it and it would even out. Once the first round finishes, the 2nd round starts

Its a farcical system where the Spurs in this case, from memory were already 2-0 up in the WCF before the ECF series had even started.......ridiculous. The Spurs/Griz series should of been ready and booked to start the night after the Miami/Chicago series finished. Miami/Indiana are now forced to play banged up nights about to try and catch up leaving a huge advantage to the Spurs.

Have a designated time/duration for each playoff/finals round. Yes it would take a bit of foresight and planning(nothing harder than writing the original 82 game schedule though) however it makes it more fairer across the competition, better for TV,more rested players across the board = better games etc, etc

the answer is yes.

soccer, ie FA Cup I believe, there are replays if there is a draw in some rounds.

wait, i might be wrong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread The Official Eastern Conference Finals Thread: Miami Heat vs Indiana Pacers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back