The Official "Everything Oasis" Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeez that's not lookin too good Liam. I saw him in some interview earlier last year and he had it long and sort of reddish. Smarten up boy. Take a leaf out of Noel's book.

That pic is about 6 months old. But his hair is still pretty damm long. He is also packed on a few kilos from recent pics ive seen. Aint fussed more concerned bout his voice holding up on tour.

The Alan White claims that he leaked HC were pretty much out to be 100% bullshit. His heart just wasnt in being in a band anymore and if your in Oasis your not in half arsed.

Zak is a great drummer anyways and is also cool as ____. Nice inclusion.

Does anyone know about the song 'Stop The Clocks'? Its meant to be on the new album, and be the best song that Noel has ever written. I've heard that its been played at Oasis gigs before.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stop_the_Clocks_(song)
That's wiki about it. Some of the lyrics to it are on the back of the sleeve of the stop the clocks album..they are ____ing good. Read that wiki article as it tells you what the song is about, then the lyrics make more sense.
'Stop the clocks and turn the world around. Let your love lay me down. And when the night is over, there'll be no sound.
Lock the box and leave it all behind. On the beack seat o my mind. And when the night is over, where will I rise?'

I'm really looking forward to that 10 minute long psychedelic freak out song that Noel was talking about. I wouldda thought having kids would deter the use of drugs...Obviously not! Nah they've mellowed in comparison to their wild young days but still good to know they're enhancing the creative process!:thumbsu:

That pic is about 6 months old. But his hair is still pretty damm long. He is also packed on a few kilos from recent pics ive seen. Aint fussed more concerned bout his voice holding up on tour.

The Alan White claims that he leaked HC were pretty much out to be 100% bullshit. His heart just wasnt in being in a band anymore and if your in Oasis your not in half arsed.

Zak is a great drummer anyways and is also cool as ____. Nice inclusion.

Had a look at the tour dates so far and some gigs are on consecutive days, wonder what the set would be like.

Anyone what to have a crack at making a setlist for the band to play, 18 songs including a cover version of some past classic, for a song of the new album just put the term "Mad Fer It" into the set.

So here is my take.

Intro Music (____ing In The Bushes)
Mad Fer It (Normally a cracking song of the new album)
Lyla
Mad Fer It
Morning Glory (Noel always likes to play this one early on in a gig, has been the 4th song on the last 2 consecutive world tours)
The Masterplan
Mad Fer It (Noel Vocal)
Columbia (Wouldn't mind them playing this classic song from Defintely Maybe, never heard it live (seen the band once), you need one of those songs in the set that only the true fans know, and this is it, or Bring It On Down)
Acquiesce (This is a true live song, a thrilling rock song with an alternating vocal and a pounding drum beat from Zak with a great fill when the vocals alternate which alan white never used)
Live Forever (A classic)
Mad Fer It
The Hindu Times (Doubt they'd play it, the live versions i've watched and heard on you tube sounds like they have a backing track on it as well, doubt if Starkey style would suit this song, Alan White really nailed this track)
Wonderwall (I wouldn't mind Noel returning to his traditional acoustic set mind way through the whole set, i reckon for a change the band could try playing this classic with Gandalf on the organ and Gem on electric/acoustic and maybe Zak with a tambourine or percussion instrument)
Mad Fer It
Rock N Roll Star (this one is a must)

ENCORE

Mad Fer It
Do You Know What I Mean (Noel seems to have purged Be Here Now from his memory but i reckon this song would be epic with some great guitar effects or those effects that the band used on Who Feels Love when they played Wembley or those effects they used on Columbia on youtube, the solo at the end would be colossal)

Don't Look Back In Anger (a must)
My Generation (This song was close to the best of the night when i saw them, amazing, a lot faster then the original version and Zak annihlates his kit with fills that showcase Starkeys skills)

-------------------------------------------

This set doesn't contain some classics that some people would like to see like Champagne Supernova and Cigs and Alcohol but id like to see the Band change the setlist a bit from the last one, and maybe try some things like bringing back the Noel acoustic set (2 songs) in the middle of the entire set and also maybe using some effects from that thing that sits on the organ in the Wembley stadium gig just to keep it fresh, still, if they come to Australia i'll go even if the set is the same as 2005.

I've tried to add some new songs and remember that the band will probably play about 6 new tracks and 10 or 11 tracks from the back catalogue and a cover.

1. Intro music - ____in in the Bushes - I reckon another idea for the intro music other than the traditional ____in in the Bushes or Rock n Roll Star is A Quick Peep. It's probably a bit short, but it's a pretty handy little 1 and a bit minute song.
2. Mad Fer It
3. Mad Fer It
4. Turn up the Sun - amazing song even better live.
5. Live Forever - amazing
6. Acquiesce - see Turn up the Sun
7. The Masterplan
8. Sunday Morning Call - I dunno what other people think of this song but I ____ing love it.
9. Mad Fer It
10. Stand By Me
11. Supersonic - See Turn up the Sun and Acquiesce
12. Mad Fer It
13. Wonderwall - Wouldn't mind if they did it traditionally like LtD said or if they did it like they normally do live. Would sound fantastic either way.
14. Morning Glory - Another classic to follow up Wonderwall
15. Mad Fer It
16. Cast No Shadow
17. Mad Fer It
18. Don't Look Back In Anger - this song live would have to be one of the greatest things ever
19. My Generation - Manchester 05 this song sounds really good, great finisher

I like LTD's setlist. Quite nice.

Would love to see something from Be Here Now played. Pref DYKWIM or I Hope, I think, I know. But i doubt we will unfortuantly.

I rekon the setlist is limited to what Liam can sing these days. I would love to hear Slide Away but I dont think we will hear Liam sing it anymore.

Would kill for Rocking Chair.

My Generation is good but its getting old and I would rather see them play another classic rather than it to finish it off or a new cover song.

They will kill Lyla and the Importance of being Idle and maybe one other from DBTT I think.

I would love it if they maybe mixed the setlist up a little more from night to night as I plan on pretty much following them down the East Coast when the come down. Have been saving up for a while to make sure it happens.

Ive never seen them live for a few reasons.. have a ticket to Noel's acoustic gig in Melb in my room that never got used due to som unlucky as ____ circumstances for me.. Devo.

I like LTD's setlist. Quite nice.

Would love to see something from Be Here Now played. Pref DYKWIM or I Hope, I think, I know. But i doubt we will unfortuantly.

I rekon the setlist is limited to what Liam can sing these days. I would love to hear Slide Away but I dont think we will hear Liam sing it anymore.

Would kill for Rocking Chair.

My Generation is good but its getting old and I would rather see them play another classic rather than it to finish it off or a new cover song.

They will kill Lyla and the Importance of being Idle and maybe one other from DBTT I think.

I would love it if they maybe mixed the setlist up a little more from night to night as I plan on pretty much following them down the East Coast when the come down. Have been saving up for a while to make sure it happens.

Ive never seen them live for a few reasons.. have a ticket to Noel's acoustic gig in Melb in my room that never got used due to som unlucky as ____ circumstances for me.. Devo.[/quote]
That's a real shame. Noel has said that he would like to play other stuff, but Liam is too lazy. He claims to be Madferit......were Noels words.

I would love The Hindu Times, and Hung in a Bad Place. And Stop Crying Your Heart Out would be great, and Liam would be able to sing it well live. I would love Champagne Supernova aswell. I would like Meaning of Souls aswell. Liams voice suits that one live.

I think we need to appoint someone as "Australian Oasis Tour Watcher"

This person shall work in shifts with other equally dedicated members and fans of Oasis and their main aim shall be to trawl the internet looking for tour dates, rumours, etc, etc"

This role is very demanding and the successful applicant should prepare for hooliganism with English fans hoarding tickets and consuming all the beer, flying bottles are also another threat, sniping from inferior bands is also a minor threat as these soft lads wouldn't know a rock song if Liam Gallagher headbutted them in the face.

Any photos of the band or shots from the studio should also be closely and keenly saught and protected and then posted here.

This is a challenging mission but i have no doubt you guys are up to the task.

Oasisbealtey.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we need to appoint someone as "Australian Oasis Tour Watcher"

This person shall work in shifts with other equally dedicated members and fans of Oasis and their main aim shall be to trawl the internet looking for tour dates, rumours, etc, etc"

This role is very demanding and the successful applicant should prepare for hooliganism with English fans hoarding tickets and consuming all the beer, flying bottles are also another threat, sniping from inferior bands is also a minor threat as these soft lads wouldn't know a rock song if Liam Gallagher headbutted them in the face.

Any photos of the band or shots from the studio should also be closely and keenly saught and protected and then posted here.

This is a challenging mission but i have no doubt you guys are up to the task.

Keen!

What shows is everyone going to head to? Should all head to the one in Melb or Sydney for a meetup.

Keen!

What shows is everyone going to head to? Should all head to the one in Melb or Sydney for a meetup.

Firstly, im hoping an Australain tour is announced, last time in 2005 it wasnt announced till after the record was released.

If Oasis play in Brisbane then i'll be heading to that one, last time i flew down and i have friends i can stay with in Brisbane, one of them came along last time.

IF they only announce Sydney or Melbourne shows then i will have no option but to head south.

There are other great sites to find out info, pm me if you want to know them, one of the sites had a rumour a few weeks ago about Oasis headlining that festival in Canada which proved true.

Im hoping for a gig in Novemeber or December with a bit of luck.

Oasis are set to play in Canada (with Ryan Adams and the Cardinals) before the new album. And in the virigin festival with other bands such as bloc party and foo fighters. tickets for the Oasis/Ryan Adams go on Friday

Firstly, im hoping an Australain tour is announced, last time in 2005 it wasnt announced till after the record was released.

If Oasis play in Brisbane then i'll be heading to that one, last time i flew down and i have friends i can stay with in Brisbane, one of them came along last time.

IF they only announce Sydney or Melbourne shows then i will have no option but to head south.

There are other great sites to find out info, pm me if you want to know them, one of the sites had a rumour a few weeks ago about Oasis headlining that festival in Canada which proved true.

Im hoping for a gig in Novemeber or December with a bit of luck.

They will probably do a Brisbane gig. Infact they should be doing a gig a Perth as well. Don't know about Adelaide.

If they played Melbourne, could they possibly do a bigger venue? I don't mind Festival Hall, a lot of people slag it off but I think it's none too shabby when you're on the floor.

They could do a Rod Laver gig easy couldn't they?

Noel Gallagher is releasing a single with Paul Weller on May 26 from Paul Wellers New album.

Word is Gem and Noel from Oasis did just about everything on the single and Paul Weller did ____ all but bring in cartoons of beer in the studio.

Noel Gallagher is releasing a single with Paul Weller on May 26 from Paul Wellers New album.

Word is Gem and Noel from Oasis did just about everything on the single and Paul Weller did ____ all but bring in cartoons of beer in the studio.

I was reading Noel was doing the piano work while Gem was playing the guitar, should be a good recording.

I think that Weller album is huge, like double disc and got lotsa tracks, looking forward to it

Yeah, Weller said that Noel had a guitar loop for ages that he couldn't seem to do anything with and he bought it down to the studio and Weller liked it, so he stole it off Noel (or Noel gave it to him), Noel then made the bass loop and recorded it, as well as played Drums and piano while Gem did the guitar.

So im ____ed if Weller actually did anything but drink beer, apparently he reckons his the boss since his 50

Sif you wouldn't want the keyboard player aka Jesus playing in the band either!:p

Nah maybe it's for cosmetic reasons I mean Zak isn't the most attractive lookin bloke is he, takes after his old man

Is Fade Away one of the most underrated songs ever? Not even true Oasis fans talk it up much. I think it's one of their better ones. Would definitely be in my top ten Oasis songs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back