Northern Blues

B..... McInnes Dirago Carter
HB... Russell McCarthy Thomas
C......O'Keeffe Bell Bray
HF....Buckley Mitchell Bransgrove
F......Lucas Visser Kerr
R......Meese Lambert Marcon

Int....T. Wilson Dorman Toman Atta Soncin Totevski Burgess Jenkins

Interesting that neither Collins nor Dale are listed.
Do we always take two interstate with us?

EDIT: Lodge playing at the lower lever but no Heyne.
Good luck to all the boys but in particular Mitchell and O'Keeffe.

Northern Blues

B..... McInnes Dirago Carter
HB... Russell McCarthy Thomas
C......O'Keeffe Bell Bray
HF....Buckley Mitchell Bransgrove
F......Lucas Visser Kerr
R......Meese Lambert Marcon

Int....T. Wilson Dorman Toman Atta Soncin Totevski Burgess Jenkins

Interesting that neither Collins nor Dale are listed.
Do we always take two interstate with us?

EDIT: Lodge playing at the lower lever but no Heyne.
Good luck to all the boys but in particular Mitchell and O'Keeffe.

For me, I hope it's Buckley, Bell, Mitchell and O'Keeffe that have good games (and of course all the other lads, too).

Finally getting to a VFL game for the first time in about 6 weeks!
Looking forward to seeing Rhys O'Keeffe, Dylan Buckley and Luke Mitchell in action!
First time seeing Dyl play live!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

we are just horrible. apart from O'Keffe nobody did anything. Lucas just ok, Buckley did a couple of things but was quiet and Kerr did nothing, can't see him surviving after this year. Mitchell seems underdone, barely made any leads, was trying to out body his opponant and got beaten on most occassions but at least he is out there. Will be better for the run

Anyone know why Russell didn't play?

McInnes is less impressive every time I see him.
May be lucky to survive this year.

Carter and Bray again don't offer anything every time I see them.

O'Keeffe had a very good game and Mitchell did as much as circumstances allowed.
Lucas was OK. Just OK.

100% agree. Sadly especially with the McInnes observation. Visser is a ruckman and looked better than Bray as a forward. ROK was great, Bell was good too. Dyl was okay, will be a very good footballer for us in a couple of years.

Didn't notice Kerr much, didn't use it well when he had it either.

we are just horrible. apart from O'Keffe nobody did anything. Lucas just ok, Buckley did a couple of things but was quiet and Kerr did nothing, can't see him surviving after this year. Mitchell seems underdone, barely made any leads, was trying to out body his opponant and got beaten on most occassions but at least he is out there. Will be better for the run

Anyone know why Russell didn't play?

we took about 3 travelling emergencies which should give you a clue as to how many of our seniors are carrying niggles and how depleted our depth is. The Nth Blues did pretty well considering the AFL players in Davey, Bate, Pettard etc that were in the Casey side compared to our side of young VFL up and comers and our rookies and young'uns.

Does Bell look like he could make it if he improves his kicking?

Goes hard, runs well. Will get smarter footy wise and hopefully we can work on his kicking. Handy depth in time.

Side note: Luke Mitchell is an absolute presence and a half. Coaching from FF and the other side of the ground could hear.

He's short on fitness though and lumbers around. Struggled to get to the perfect drop zone on a few.

First quarter his man kicked a few, but he took some great marks after that and used the ball okay. Looked better reading the play, not staying with his man from my point of view (which was glimpses from far away). AFL wise? He should play a couple of games next year with our injury rate.

First quarter his man kicked a few, but he took some great marks after that and used the ball okay. Looked better reading the play, not staying with his man from my point of view (which was glimpses from far away). AFL wise? He should play a couple of games next year with our injury rate.
Noice.

If he doesn't get on the park due to injury, we could always let this Glenelg KPP go and have goreds and others bitch about not keeping him ahead of Bower. :p

Carter got caught twice holding the ball, times when he could've avoided it.

Was also good seeing Lachie and White coaching and walking around with any sort of limp etc.

Nick Heyne and I both had things to do and left at 3 quarter time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back