Official Team Thread The Official Team Thread Of The Gold City Royals - Season 32 - Best Served Cold

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd like to first off give some big kudos to PMBangers. Mid-season 31 it was getting clear we really needed a revamp, the S30 premiership was the holy grail for a few of our long time players so it was important the leadership of the club moving on was in the right hands. I was stoked when Bangers said yes and he has gone head first adding to the legacy of this great club. We thought we were in for a couple of off-seasons of revitalising the list and I think we've both been overwhelmed with the buy in this season from our new guys and even though the MC Bad Genius season was a cameo (and ShaunDuggan has left us after a brilliant stage in a long career) I'm certain omgfridge, SarahSmiles and Ligma are going to make us an even more improved posting side. Hopefully season 33 is the one that sees the sim as successful as our off field work.

Great work by all that got a kiss tonight, spookism I think you're the heart of any side you're in and krakouers, I'm glad you bought exactly what I was selling on this place. Brilliant work too Bangers on putting this all together.

Time for the second premiership Royals, and it all starts... tomorrow I guess.

5 and a half to be precise, I'm a lightweight
Is that how much you have to drink to be classified as a lightweight?!?!?!

Ask krakouers about what happens to me after a Smirnoff double black xx

Sent from stomach pump.

Sent from stomach pump.
(walks into room with black eyes….)

Sent from stomach pump.
Double blacks is a throwback, it's what Mum used to buy me when I was a teenager to 'control my drinking'

View attachment 1311795
Coming in 5th off of winning the Blacky Award, the club leading goal kicker and legendary full forward The Filth Wizard

View attachment 1311796

Coming in 4th, the ever reliable, ever lovable and humourous, cemented in Ruck Rover of the Royals, Marlowe

View attachment 1311798

In 3rd place, earning himself a spot on the podium and All-SFA honours in the Ruck, GreyCrow

View attachment 1311799

In 2nd place, the first season poster that took the league by storm with his engagement and likeable personality, the poster who was qauite frankly robbed of the EKA but still made the All-SFA on a wing, krakouers

View attachment 1311801

And finally, taking out the Season 32 Easty Medal for the Royals Best and Fairest, the best player in the comp in S32 (I don't care what the Mobbs tally was), taking out the TFLUA-Tiger Award and earning a spot in the All-SFA midfield, please be upstanding for the wonderful spookism!

View attachment 1311803

2nd again krakouers 😉

View attachment 1311809
And lastly just some closing thoughts/ statements. First off congrats to our top 5 and the whole squad on an awesome season, by rights we should've gone into finals and we should've gone deep, but unfortunately that's just how the sim goes sometimes, for the misfortune this season I'm sure we'll see it pay off in coming seasons.

I want to thank MC Bad Genius (Phoenix) and ShaunDuggan (Swamprats) for their contributions over this season and the seasons prior for Duggs, go well at your new clubs but not too well obviously, it's sad to see you go but that's just the way the SFA rolls, we look forward to what Season 33 can bring us.

Speaking of, Season 33 is only a couple of weeks away which is exciting, we're welcoming SarahSmiles (Swamprats) and omgfridge (Gumbies) into the squad who are obviously going to be really good additions to what is already a really strong list, their proven form at our feeder rival teams gives us hope they'll be the finals like injections we need.

We've also signed up a rookie in Ligma, I'm sure you've seen her around already, we're excited by what she'll bring to the squad as well and think she's going to be a big part of the SFA for a long time!

Lastly, The Filth Wizard is stepping back as co-captain for S33, which brings an end to his 6 season run steering the Royals ship, making him the longest serving Royals captain in our short history. Filth has been huge for the club during his time in the role, and will always be part of the fabric of the club, truly a legend of the league

See y'all next season xx
I'd like to first off give some big kudos to PMBangers. Mid-season 31 it was getting clear we really needed a revamp, the S30 premiership was the holy grail for a few of our long time players so it was important the leadership of the club moving on was in the right hands. I was stoked when Bangers said yes and he has gone head first adding to the legacy of this great club. We thought we were in for a couple of off-seasons of revitalising the list and I think we've both been overwhelmed with the buy in this season from our new guys and even though the MC Bad Genius season was a cameo (and ShaunDuggan has left us after a brilliant stage in a long career) I'm certain omgfridge, SarahSmiles and Ligma are going to make us an even more improved posting side. Hopefully season 33 is the one that sees the sim as successful as our off field work.

Great work by all that got a kiss tonight, spookism I think you're the heart of any side you're in and krakouers, I'm glad you bought exactly what I was selling on this place. Brilliant work too Bangers on putting this all together.

Time for the second premiership Royals, and it all starts... tomorrow I guess.

Thanks skips and congrats Royals, looking forward to coming across and joining the team. I alerted Filth and Bangers that your team wasn't posting enough at 3am and that's a hole in your list that i could fill.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey friends.

Firstly, while the season wasn't the best on the field, off the field it was one of the best I've had. It was a great little reboot after last season and I know we'll keep on keeping on next season.
Picking up solo awards like this are always fun (need them to pad the resume for when NaturalDisaster announces next seasons HoF) but I always prefer team results, so I definitely want to get back to our winning ways and add a second Royals flag next season.

Cheers to PMBangers for running this show and for keeping me at Ruck Rover instead of replacing the horribly out of form The Filth Wizard at Full Forward.
I fully expect a GreyCrow - krakouers - Ligma Top 3 next season.

ROUND 16, THE END

Gold City Royals 18.8 (116) defeated Mount Buller Demons 11.3 (69)

Code:
Team                    P   W   L   D   Pen   For  Agnst     %     Pts

Dragons FFC           16  11   5   -    -   1634  1389   117.64   44
Roys FFC              16  10   6   -    -   1814  1480   122.57   40
Mount Buller Demons   16  10   6   -    -   1652  1529   108.04   40
Fighting Furies       16   9   7   -    -   1482  1415   104.73   36
West Coast Wonders    16   8   8   -    -   1473  1502    98.07   32
Sin City Swamprats    16   8   8   -    -   1516  1592    95.22   32
Gumbies FFC           16   7   9   -    -   1622  1612   100.62   28
East Side Phoenix     16   7   9   -    -   1670  1684    99.17   28
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Las Vegas Bears       16   7   9   -    -   1540  1607    95.83   28
Gold City Royals      16   7   9   -    -   1610  1688    95.38   28
Coney Island Warriors 16   6  10   -    -   1535  1719    89.30   24
Baghdad Bombers       16   6  10   -    -   1564  1895    82.53   24

View attachment 1311794

"
Need to give you and the LG some credit removed some deadwood at the start of the season and brought in both experienced players and a few rookies and struck gold with krakouers

Huge improvement from S31 to S32

11 players ave. +20 posts a week and a great even spread not relying on single player to carry the team

2 players ranked in the top 3 of DT and 4 in the top 12

4 players in ALL-SFA - Outstanding effort !!
Hard to win the Mobbs with so many players in great form but you prefer a solid contribution up the top which is what you had

Beez - 3rd place (Bangers)

Enjoyable weeks posting against the Royals (Rd.4 & Rd.16)
Interesting fact we had our highest and lowest posting weeks against the Royals but both teams were missing our friend Headless

B&F flip a coin out of spooks and greycrow but joint winners would be fitting, even a 3way isn't out of the question with the season that kraks had on the wing

Would be 1 of the top.3 teams in the league heading into S33 with the season that you just had then add the brilliant signing of SarahSmiles and potentially could have an EKA winner with Ligma

Congratulations to all the winners and good luck for the season ahead" - Callums_Guns, Mount Buller Demons​
In the LAST ROUND?!? C'mon Bangers. I thought you were cooler than that.

Hey friends.

Firstly, while the season wasn't the best on the field, off the field it was one of the best I've had. It was a great little reboot after last season and I know we'll keep on keeping on next season.
Picking up solo awards like this are always fun (need them to pad the resume for when NaturalDisaster announces next seasons HoF) but I always prefer team results, so I definitely want to get back to our winning ways and add a second Royals flag next season.

Cheers to PMBangers for running this show and for keeping me at Ruck Rover instead of replacing the horribly out of form The Filth Wizard at Full Forward.
I fully expect a GreyCrow - krakouers - Ligma Top 3 next season.

Wait until you see the next team sheet.

Very proud of spookism.

Wait, I mean proud.

Oh. That's what I said.

I thought I said seething with rage.

You hid it well

I did hit him well, didn't I. Not usually how awards are presented, but we're a little different at Gold City.

I did hit him well, didn't I. Not usually how awards are presented, but we're a little different at Gold City.
I’m sure no one else saw it… I mean the ambos hid the body so well

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Team Thread The Official Team Thread Of The Gold City Royals - Season 32 - Best Served Cold

Remove this Banner Ad

Back