Official Team Thread The Official Team Thread Of The Gold City Royals - Season 32 - Best Served Cold

Remove this Banner Ad

Eating an Arnott's Mint Slice, popping some nurofen, drinking a pink lemonade with my right hand and taking a leak with my rarely-used left.

This is complicated.

This has been post-match thoughts with Marlowe.

Eating an Arnott's Mint Slice, popping some nurofen, drinking a pink lemonade with my right hand and taking a leak with my rarely-used left.

This is complicated.

This has been post-match thoughts with Marlowe.
Wait. All at once? While posting to BF as well? That's bloody impressive!

Wait. All at once? While posting to BF as well? That's bloody impressive!

I might have dropped several things into the toilet but it was worth the gamble.

Round 1
1627883983517.png
Round 1

GCR SENIORS Vs FUR SENIORS

GCR 2 1 3 6 6 8 12 10 82
FUR 4 7 6 9 11 9 13 12 90

Goals: Ulahoopski, The Filth Wizard, nahnah 2, Engimal v3, Marlowe, Blacky, GreyCrow, MC Bad Genius, Dancing Potato 1
Best: spookism, Engimal v3, nahnah, GreyCrow, Marlowe

Captains Address

A bit of an odd game really... one we didn't look in until the last quarter but let's be honest if the Furies had been more accurate it could have been well and truly over at quarter time. Luckily we avoided a percentage bashing and an eight point loss, while unacceptable opening at home, means a win next week puts us back into a decent ladder position.

For the first time in a long time what this game represented was change. We had seven new faces out there (counting Fitzey) and half the team were taking on new roles so I'm pretty happy in that regard, things will gel soon. I thought spookism, Marlowe and nahnah were sensational as our midfield generals, taking rookies under their wing (literally don't kill me) and GreyCrow did all he could to feed them first. Unfortunately krakouers85 copped the wrath of the sim on debut, benched early and sent to defence but at the same time Engimal v3 got the quick chance to head to the wing from BP for a near BOG performance. The new defensive structure did well to keep it to 90 points and the forwards will find some flow with myself and Ulahoopski swapped early so having to amend the craft.

Now to the real win of the week... the posting performance was out of this world. 785 team posts in total which worked out to be 53% across both sides was our best result in at least a season and maybe many seasons. 19 total posters engaging with 13 in double digits and 9 over 30 is a huge effort and the main thing is not only did we seem to have fun, our opponents did too. As captains, these are the performances that mean the most to PMBangers and I (not excluding the LG), adding the right new faces to create a new culture that compliments the old and having engagement like that means we can look at our off season and see we made a real significant difference to a team coming off a lean season. On the LG's behalf, thank you and I hope you continue to enjoy this group you're now a part of.

On to the Wonders this week, another team rebuilding so let's make the most of it. Above all, let's come back with a win. I hope we beat the shit out of them. Oh, and one other thing... we're celebrating a big milestone for spookism who is hitting game 300 so let's make sure we bring this one home for him.

Season 32 Ladder after Round One

Code:
Team                   P   W   L   D   Pen   For  Agnst     %     Pts  Streak   L5   Change   GB    Chase

Sin City Swamprats     1   1   -   -    -    127    86   147.67    4     1W     W    +10      Ldr     -
Fighting Furies        1   1   -   -    -     90    82   109.76    4     1W     W     +3       -      -
Dragons FFC            1   1   -   -    -    134   123   108.94    4     1W     W      -       -      -
West Coast Wonders     1   1   -   -    -    110   101   108.91    4     1W     W     +8       -      -
Mount Buller Demons    1   1   -   -    -    111   106   104.72    4     1W     W     +4       -      -
Baghdad Bombers        1   1   -   -    -     88    87   101.15    4     1W     W     -5       -      -
Las Vegas Bears        1   -   1   -    -     87    88    98.86    -     1L     L     +1      -1      -
Coney Island Warriors  1   -   1   -    -    106   111    95.50    -     1L     L     -6      -1     Ldr
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gumbies FFC            1   -   1   -    -    101   110    91.82    -     1L     L     -2      -1      -
East Side Phoenix      1   -   1   -    -    123   134    91.79    -     1L     L     -5      -1      -
Gold City Royals       1   -   1   -    -     82    90    91.11    -     1L     L     -5      -1      -
Roys FFC               1   -   1   -    -     86   127    67.72    -     1L     L     -2      -1      -

Marlowe, GreyCrow, Smartys Power, Paddles_, BRAB, ShaunDuggan, krakouers85, Easty, nahnah, Fitzey, Ulahoopski, Noobz0r, spookism, Danger in Texas, MrPremiership, grumbleguts, Blacky, boncer34, MC Bad Genius, brahj, NTRabbit, CakeEater, Dancing Potato, PMBangers, Dennis Confetti, Engimal v3

Round 1

GCR 2 1 3 6 6 8 12 10 82

Goals: Ulahoopski, The Filth Wizard, nahnah 2, Engimal v3, Marlowe, Blacky, GreyCrow, MC Bad Genius, Dancing Potato 1

Captains Address

A bit of an odd game really... one we didn't look in until the last quarter but let's be honest if the Furies had been more accurate it could have been well and truly over at quarter time. Luckily we avoided a percentage bashing and an eight point loss, while unacceptable opening at home, means a win next week puts us back into a decent ladder position.

For the first time in a long time what this game represented was change. We had seven new faces out there (counting Fitzey) and half the team were taking on new roles so I'm pretty happy in that regard, things will gel soon. I thought spookism, Marlowe and nahnah were sensational as our midfield generals, taking rookies under their wing (literally don't kill me) and GreyCrow did all he could to feed them first. Unfortunately krakouers85 copped the wrath of the sim on debut, benched early and sent to defence but at the same time Engimal v3 got the quick chance to head to the wing from BP for a near BOG performance. The new defensive structure did well to keep it to 90 points and the forwards will find some flow with myself and Ulahoopski swapped early so having to amend the craft.

Now to the real win of the week... the posting performance was out of this world. 785 team posts in total which worked out to be 53% across both sides was our best result in at least a season and maybe many seasons. 19 total posters engaging with 13 in double digits and 9 over 30 is a huge effort and the main thing is not only did we seem to have fun, our opponents did too. As captains, these are the performances that mean the most to PMBangers and I (not excluding the LG), adding the right new faces to create a new culture that compliments the old and having engagement like that means we can look at our off season and see we made a real significant difference to a team coming off a lean season. On the LG's behalf, thank you and I hope you continue to enjoy this group you're now a part of.

On to the Wonders this week, another team rebuilding so let's make the most of it. Above all, let's come back with a win. I hope we beat the sh*t out of them. Oh, and one other thing... we're celebrating a big milestone for spookism who is hitting game 300 so let's make sure we bring this one home for him.

Code:
Team                   P   W   L   D   Pen   For  Agnst     %     Pts  Streak   L5   Change   GB    Chase

Sin City Swamprats     1   1   -   -    -    127    86   147.67    4     1W     W    +10      Ldr     -
Fighting Furies        1   1   -   -    -     90    82   109.76    4     1W     W     +3       -      -
Dragons FFC            1   1   -   -    -    134   123   108.94    4     1W     W      -       -      -
West Coast Wonders     1   1   -   -    -    110   101   108.91    4     1W     W     +8       -      -
Mount Buller Demons    1   1   -   -    -    111   106   104.72    4     1W     W     +4       -      -
Baghdad Bombers        1   1   -   -    -     88    87   101.15    4     1W     W     -5       -      -
Las Vegas Bears        1   -   1   -    -     87    88    98.86    -     1L     L     +1      -1      -
Coney Island Warriors  1   -   1   -    -    106   111    95.50    -     1L     L     -6      -1     Ldr
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gumbies FFC            1   -   1   -    -    101   110    91.82    -     1L     L     -2      -1      -
East Side Phoenix      1   -   1   -    -    123   134    91.79    -     1L     L     -5      -1      -
Gold City Royals       1   -   1   -    -     82    90    91.11    -     1L     L     -5      -1      -
Roys FFC               1   -   1   -    -     86   127    67.72    -     1L     L     -2      -1      -

Marlowe, GreyCrow, Smartys Power, Paddles_, BRAB, ShaunDuggan, krakouers85, Easty, nahnah, Fitzey, Ulahoopski, Noobz0r, spookism, Danger in Texas, MrPremiership, grumbleguts, Blacky, boncer34, MC Bad Genius, brahj, NTRabbit, CakeEater, Dancing Potato, PMBangers, Dennis Confetti, Engimal v3
My ears are still ringing from that spray...

Round 1

GCR 2 1 3 6 6 8 12 10 82

Captains Address

On to the Wonders this week, another team rebuilding so let's make the most of it. Above all, let's come back with a win. I hope we beat the sh*t out of them. Oh, and one other thing... we're celebrating a big milestone for spookism who is hitting game 300 so let's make sure we bring this one home for him.

Code:

Dominated opposition CHF. Can't get in the best.

Defenders life. 🙄

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This week maybe nahnah and I will let spookism in on our special midfielders only handshake.

This week maybe nahnah and I will let spookism in on our special midfielders only handshake.

tenor.gif

You just gotta wait until we teach it to Engimal first.
Engimal v3 is probably too busy doing loser stuff like training and following their strength and conditioning program

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Team Thread The Official Team Thread Of The Gold City Royals - Season 32 - Best Served Cold

Remove this Banner Ad

Back