The OFFICIAL "Trade Week is Boring" Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 13, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Tottenham
Don't say you weren't warned. Very few trades will happen on the first 3 even 4 days

Just to pre-empt the inevitable whiners when it comes to trade week, don't be expecting any trades, or even trade news out of the first 2/3 days. Don't get on bigfooty and whinge about it, don't cling to SEN for information and wonder why they won't give you updates every 10 minutes.

IMO the length of trade week is fair enough. If anything it could be stretched to 2 weeks or at least delayed another week. If all seems quiet on the Western front it doesn't mean the people aren't working out deals and performing due diligence. Calls to make the trade period only 1-3 days long are stupid and usually stem from people who are frustrated that only a few small deals are completed by Wednesday night.

Re: Don't say you weren't warned. Very few trades will happen on the first 3 even 4 days

pretty sure everyone already knows, but thanks for the heads up ;)

Re: Don't say you weren't warned. Very few trades will happen on the first 3 even 4 days

Nostradamus

Mate you really went out on a limb with that prediction didn't ya? ;)

Jeez Jabso - I thought Dave the man was the one who started useless threads probably just to build his posting record!

In the spirit of big statements:
At least half of the trades mentioned on BF won't happen...don't say you weren't warned!

To be fair to Jabso, people have whinged about it in the past.

well, now we are whinging abot people starting useless threads stating the obvious:)

In the spirit of big statements:
At least half of the trades mentioned on BF won't happen...don't say you weren't warned!

Half? :eek:

I'd say about 1% actually will happen they way they do on bigfooty.

A few of the players mightbe the same, but the picks etc will be miles different. Not every other clubs players are 'hacks' just because they don't play for you.

I'm glad I opened this thread. I thought we'd trade O'Keefe, Hall and our first pick and recieve Kerr, Murphy and pick 4 all on day one.

Now I wont be disappointed when it doesn't happen.

well, now we are whinging abot people starting useless threads stating the obvious:)

You'll thank me when we won't get so many useless threads whinging about the length of trade week or "IS ANYTING HAPENING!!!!!!111?????///".

You'll thank me when we won't get so many useless threads whinging about the length of trade week or "IS ANYTING HAPENING!!!!!!111?????///".

Just ban those ****ers when they start whinging.

A whinge warning would be good. sticky it

i agree but i think this trade could be different, a lot of clubs are looking at doing a couple of trades during trade week eg carlton, sydney etc

you wont leave a couple of different trades until the last day so i think some of the clubs will have trades finalised a lot earlier

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just ban those ****ers when they start whinging.

A whinge warning would be good. sticky it

I'm not a mod of this board if that's what you're thinking.

funny-pictures-captain-obvious-cat.jpg

Mate you really went out on a limb with that prediction didn't ya? ;)

Yet people will still come on here and whinge about it. That's the sad thing.

Good thread. Lets revisit this thread on Thursday afternoon when there has been only one trade. There will be at leats 20 threads whinging or asking whether any trades have happened.

Jabso is trying to fool you all! All the trades get made in the first half of the week! He just wants to keep the traffic low se he can access the site without dramas! He just wants there to be no one calling in SEN with their trade rumors, so HE can get on the air and make a name for himself! I'm onto to you JABSO! You haven't fooled me!

First trade will be completed by Tuesday afternoon.

:thumbsu:

kerr brown pavlich cornes pendelbury deledio cotchin scott thompson cooney to carlton for wiggins? thats the whisper

kerr brown pavlich cornes pendelbury deledio cotchin scott thompson cooney to carlton for wiggins? thats the whisper

Can't split Wiggins 8 ways.

Lyon wants a ruckman. for the first round pick so i say go for seaby or warnock,

Ok. Everyone relax. Can't I just relax and be myself around here?

Trade period is a waste of time and is boring

So few trades get done and even fewer blockbuster trades get done.
Extend the trade period from now till round 8 allowing teams to address needs and allow players who are in the 2nds to get a senior games elsewhere

Re: Trade period is a waste of time and is boring

So few trades get done and even fewer blockbuster trades get done.
Extend the trade period from now till round 8 allowing teams to address needs and allow players who are in the 2nds to get a senior games elsewhere
I agree that the Trade Week should be longer because players could get Injured in the Off-Season so you might have to trade for a Simmlar player and Would make it Interesting

Remove this Banner Ad

The OFFICIAL "Trade Week is Boring" Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back