The on topic thread 4.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't think it really works at the MCG (or any oval stadium). Also not really the crowd for it.
I was at the game and she was placed on the boundary line, as the auskickers left, and with no introduction. Was weird.

If they put her in the centre and made more of a show out of it, it would have had a much bigger impact.

I was at the game and she was placed on the boundary line, as the auskickers left, and with no introduction. Was weird.

If they put her in the centre and made more of a show out of it, it would have had a much bigger impact.
Don't disagree that would help but having her stand in the middle of the G makes her pretty isolated.

Still think it works best in a smaller rectangular stadium, like AAMI.

Doubt it would have had much impact at all.

Seemed everyone around me couldn't have given a toss about it no matter when she stood.

Assume she's only there because she is a Carlton supporter?

Doubt it would have had much impact at all.

Seemed everyone around me couldn't have given a toss about it no matter when she stood.

Assume she's only there because she is a Carlton supporter?

You might have missed it. The Melbourne Victory marketing department released a highly produced and edited performance of her playing before a game and supposedly riling up the crowd. The fans caught onto it and her playing before games became a genuine part of the game experience.

It looks like Carlton have made a very half-arsed attempt at emulating this.

You might have missed it. The Melbourne Victory marketing department released a highly produced and edited performance of her playing before a game and supposedly riling up the crowd. The fans caught onto it and her playing before games became a genuine part of the game experience.

It looks like Carlton have made a very half-arsed attempt at emulating this.

A full arsed attempt wouldn't work at an AFL game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back