The on topic thread 4.0

Remove this Banner Ad

The World Club Cup is basically turning into another Euro/World Cup tournament. 32 clubs and it runs for an entire month next June/July. Footballers get paid lots of money but where is the proper break when the schedule is club season (23/24), Euro/Copa (2024), club season (24/25) World Club Cup (2025), club season (25/26), World Cup (2026), club season (26/27) nothing in the summer (2027) and then it repeats?

The football schedule is busy enough without needing to add something else to the mix.

Clubs in the comp just need to manage their squad through it.

Maybe they add a few to the squad, maybe they have to give the youf minutes here and there.

Players will still get their statutory breaks and that might have to be staggered over the course of the season.

But it's a small price to pay given the rewards on offer. And I think the comp will eventually be seen as a really prestigious one to compete in.

The World Club Cup is basically turning into another Euro/World Cup tournament. 32 clubs and it runs for an entire month next June/July. Footballers get paid lots of money but where is the proper break when the schedule is club season (23/24), Euro/Copa (2024), club season (24/25) World Club Cup (2025), club season (25/26), World Cup (2026), club season (26/27) nothing in the summer (2027) and then it repeats?

The football schedule is busy enough without needing to add something else to the mix.
Every year?!! What a complete nonsense tournament

Clubs in the comp just need to manage their squad through it.

Maybe they add a few to the squad, maybe they have to give the youf minutes here and there.

Players will still get their statutory breaks and that might have to be staggered over the course of the season.

But it's a small price to pay given the rewards on offer. And I think the comp will eventually be seen as a really prestigious one to compete in.

I just prefer the whole 10 day tournament thing with the clubs around the world that did something to play in the CWC. This is turning it into a month long tournament.m

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just prefer the whole 10 day tournament thing with the clubs around the world that did something to play in the CWC. This is turning it into a month long tournament.m
I'm looking forward to it.

I enjoyed the Club World Cup last year, but think this has a much more serious feel to it. Obviously will be more competitive and I think it will end up being a pretty significant tournament.

Will no doubt cause us some problems with number of games being played but its a small price to pay every 4 years imo.

I'm looking forward to it.

I enjoyed the Club World Cup last year, but think this has a much more serious feel to it. Obviously will be more competitive and I think it will end up being a pretty significant tournament.

Will no doubt cause us some problems with number of games being played but its a small price to pay every 4 years imo.

Yeah, this is my main point with this.

He's not the same guy as the former City, Sunderland and His Majesty's Prison Service, Adam Johnson.

And I just thought prison had completely changed his look. Thanks for clarifying.

Remove this Banner Ad

The on topic thread 4.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Back