The on topic thread 4.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Kevin Campbell has died of kidney failure.

A genuine good guy.

It’s weird, someone I’ve never even met and I’m ****ing gutted for him & his family.

In my early days of supporting Everton, he was a somewhat surprise loan signing that came in scoring big goals for fun and kept us up - a few years later and we were playing in Europe.

A genuine good guy.

It’s weird, someone I’ve never even met and I’m ****ing gutted for him & his family.

In my early days of supporting Everton, he was a somewhat surprise loan signing that came in scoring big goals for fun and kept us up - a few years later and we were playing in Europe.

Remember the bruise brothers strike partnership. Those were the days.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's the big difference with it coming out a bit earlier? Seems arbitrary to me.

There's no issue with it coming out earlier, I suppose the question is why the need? It's why I was speculating on what the motivation is. Betting companies as Magma says may well be pressuring them as leaks prior to official releases can give people edges in betting.

There's no issue with it coming out earlier, I suppose the question is why the need? It's why I was speculating on what the motivation is. Betting companies as Magma says may well be pressuring them as leaks prior to official releases can give people edges in betting.
Oh no, I agree with you. I just don't see what it actually achieves releasing it any earlier.

It seems completely arbitrary to me. FPL lockouts will just be brought forward to align with the new time. Likewise with betting - any leaks will just happen slightly earlier.

Oh no, I agree with you. I just don't see what it actually achieves releasing it any earlier.

It seems completely arbitrary to me. FPL lockouts will just be brought forward to align with the new time. Likewise with betting - any leaks will just happen slightly earlier.

FPL lockout is already 90 minutes before kick off so already before the 75 minutes. I thought it might be something to do with that though since there were a lot of leaks last season, but yeah won't actually make a difference.

How can leaks happen earlier though if the leaks are based on the embargo'd line ups?

FPL lockout is already 90 minutes before kick off so already before the 75 minutes. I thought it might be something to do with that though since there were a lot of leaks last season, but yeah won't actually make a difference.

How can leaks happen earlier though if the leaks are based on the embargo'd line ups?
Won't they still have leaks before a lineup is announced? Perhaps not for FPL but for betting purposes. Those with information to leak will still have that, they'll just have the intel earlier, no?

Won't they still have leaks before a lineup is announced? Perhaps not for FPL but for betting purposes. Those with information to leak will still have that, they'll just have the intel earlier, no?

If the leaks are coming from the press releases (which were previously embargoed and now won't be) then that would stop the leaks wouldn't it?

If the leaks are coming from the press releases (which were previously embargoed and now won't be) then that would stop the leaks wouldn't it?
Wasn't aware that's where they were coming from - apologies, you're probably right.

Wasn't aware that's where they were coming from - apologies, you're probably right.

I mean if they're coming from some other source then changing it makes no difference so that's presumably the reason they're changing it (as in, that that is where most leaks come from).

Remove this Banner Ad

The on topic thread 4.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Back