The Original and the Best 2013 Predictions Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Premiership: Hawthorn
Runner up: West Coast
Coleman: 2 way tie between Lance Franklin and Taylor Walker (66 goals each)

Both playing 12 games each due to being suspended for being tall.

I think a lot of people are over-rating Hawthorn, I can seriously see us crashing and burning sadly. You can say the drive will come from the loss in the GF but the drive this year came from a loss in the PF last year.

We could find ourselves very flat and another tough draw would almost certainly rule out top 4 in my opinion.

I won't do a specific order because i'm gutless, but here goes:

Premiership contention: Adelaide, WCE, Freo, Haw, Syd, Carl

Around the Mark: Rich, Ess, Stk, Coll, Bris, Geel, North

Better than 2012 but still down bottom: Port, GWS, GC, Melb, WB

Premiers: Adelaide
Coleman: Walker
Brownlow: Dangerfield
AFLCACOTY: Sanderson

1.Sydney
2.West Coast
3. Hawks
4. Collingwood
5. Freo
6. Adelaide
7. Essendon
8. Carlton
-------------------
9. Richmond

GF - WCE v Sydney - winner - either way, less than a kick
Brownlow - Ablett
Coleman - Hawkins

I Don't see how anyone can have the blues out of the 8 ? maybe I over rate my team but we would have to have an equal bad year or worse injury wise to be lower which i really can't see happening 2 years in a row would be VERY surprised if we finished lower then 8th!

1. Collingwood- With the return off ball and the other injured boys and cloke having a settled year they will be back to 2010 form
2. Hawthorn- To Good to be any lower , will be hurting after there close lose to the bloods
3. Carlton- Bias but don't expect us to finish lower then 5th , Mick to get the most out of the fringe players and some luck with injuries FINALLY!
4. Westcoast- Hate to say it because i live over west and i can't stand my mates but they are good and this is there last chance before the old boys fade away
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

5. Sydney- under rated yet again but i can't help it, will be as solid as this year but i expect the comp to be alot stronger next year
6. Adelaide- Far harder draw then last year but still to good to be as bad as some idiots on here suggest.
7. Geelong- i can't see them falling away they have some quality young kids and some champion vetrans
8. Richmond- Finally play finals :) !! They have the midfield they have a half decent forward and hopefully they fill the gaps
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
9. Freo- To reliant on Pav. Midfield has a lot of x factor about it but i don't think that's enough to get them into finals again
10. Essendon- Would love for them to finish in the 8 along with Pies, Blues and tiges but don't see it happening for some reason , would love to be wrong though
11. North- need a few blokes to step up, are a quality side and won't be easy to beat but just couldn't fit them in the 8
12. Brisbane- yes they had 10 wins but that was against GWS, GC X2, MELB x2, PORT, BULLDOGS X2. there upsets against Adelaide and Westcoast where Good signs though
13. Gold Coast- Second year blues are out of the way and they should get 6-8 wins.
14. St Kilda- Need to rebuild Godard gone doesn't help
15. Bulldogs- nothing needs to be said the future doesn't look bright
16. Melbourne- Can't see any improvement coming Melbourne way for a while have been screwed by GC and GWS unfortunatly
17. GWS- alot of players to cycle through and test before they improve just like GC
18. Port Adelaide- Same as Bulldogs just worse
Grand Final= Hawthorn DEF West Coast

Brownlow = Marc Murphy (no inj)

Coleman = Lance Franklin 80 plus goals

This will change a fair bit after the fixture is released

Geelong Time's winged chariot hurryeth after us all. Top up attempt will go awry.
Carlton Mick needs more than one season to get his gameplan going.
Adelaide Injuries, tougher draw and team balance issue see the Crows struggle
St Kilda Can't afford to bottom out. Interesting times ahead.
Port Finally, something to smile about. A gun midfield groups really starts to emerge.
Essendon The usual Junepocalypse happens. But nothing before either. Goddard mediocre at best.
GC Will be touch to beat at home but cop some awful floggings away. Progress though.
Bulldogs Another tough year but a few silver linings for the fans as the kids show glimpses.
GWS Second year blues hit hard. Still, top end kids like Hoskin Elliott give great hope.
Melbourne Appalling, not even a win against Essendon. Embarassed by GWS at the G. AFL step in at years end

Premiers: West Coast in last hurrah for old stagers like Cox, Glass, Embley and Kerr

Brownlow: Trent Cotchin. Tiges improvement will see Cotch stamp himself as the best midfielder, if not the best player, the comp

Coleman: Riewoldt. By a bawhair from Franklin. Tiges will handout some thrashings next year where Jack gets big bags.

Rising Star: Majak Daw. Playing 2nd ruck and resting up forward Majak will benefit hugely from the Cyril Rioli/NicNat
"special" factor.

What's this top-up attempt you speak about?

Yep. Everything went right. Hamish miss after siren against essendon, play west coast and Sydney interstate back to back, lost to the dogs and overrun by port in consecutive weeks and getting 13d by buddy not to mention an unstoppable dean cox in Hobart. Essendon and Carlton are just shit. We earnt our way into finals.

You didn't even beat a Top four side. If you have an inept football opinion don't give it.

Just saw your join date bandwagonner. Go troll elsewhere flog.
If thats what you think then good for you no need to have a tantrum mate:thumbsdown:

I still cant see north finishing above essendon or carlton next season though especially with Brad Scotts flaky gameplan

1) The AFL will stooge Hawthorn again, particularly wrt to the fixture.

2) The unfair fixture will again have a huge say in who makes the final eight. The MSM will continue to say little about it.

3) Essendon fans will be crowing from rounds four through twelve. They will have gone missing from the site by September. Bomberblitz will make for good reading each and every time there is a 'twang' down at Windy Hill.

4) North will miss the eight and Scott/the North board will cite 'injuries' as the excuse.

5) The Age will sack one of Mark Hawthorne and Sam Lane. Possibly both.

6) Collingwood will make the top two.

7) The AFL will formally announce their 'succession plan' for CEO.

8) Gary Ablett will put together consecutive 200+ SC performances.

9) Chief will announce a new bigfooty-specific app, available for free, with an ad for betting agencies on every page.

That is all.

1. Sydney
2. Hawthorn
3. Fremantle
4. West Coast
5. Collingwood
6. Carlton
7. Adelaide
8. Brisbane
-----------------
9. Geelong
10. Essendon
11. North Melbourne
12. Richmond
13. Port Adelaide
14. St Kilda
15. Melbourne
16. Gold Coast
17. Bulldogs
18. GWS

Sydney
West Coast

Hawthorn
Fremantle

Collingwood
Brisbane

Carlton
Adelaide
-----
West Coast
Collingwood

Fremantle
Adelaide
----
Hawthorn
Collingwood

Sydney
Fremantle
----
Hawthorn
Fremantle

Brownlow = Garry Ablett in an improving suns side
Coleman = Matthew Pavlich 70 goals

1. West Coast
2. Hawthorn
3. Sydney
4. Carlton
5. Collingwood
6. Essendon
7. Adelaide
8. Geelong
------------------------------
9. Fremantle
10. Brisbane
11. Richmond
12. North Melbourne
13. Melbourne
14. Gold Coast
15. St Kilda
16. Port Adelaide
17. Western Bulldogs
18. GWS Giants

Premiers: Hawthorn
Brownlow: Marc Murphy
Coleman: Jack Riewoldt

Bonus Extreme Prediction: Starting with 2013, the next 4 premiers will be the runners up from the previous season (My predictions being Hawthorn, West Coast, Adelaide, Brisbane).

Going to go much more extreme with my predicitions. So in the unlikely event that any happen I can smugly say I told you so. ;)

1. West Coast: Strong, injury free squad with home advantage and favourable draw see the Eagles win the minor premiership at a canter.
2. Adelaide Crows: The loss of Tippet is covered by the emergence of unheralded talent getting opportunities. Jenkins to be a Dream team favourite.
3. Fremantle: Continue to improve results under Lyon, start to win regularly in Melbourne
4. Richmond: Turn the close loses to wins and start handing out some beltings to the weaker sides.
5. Collingwood: Only Malthouse's poor performance at Carlton stops questions being asked about Buckley's management.
6. Hawthorn: Have a lacklustre year as the last two years finals losses take their toll
7. Essendon: Fewer soft tissue injuries, but still fall away at the end of the year.
8. North Melbourne: Make finals only to reprise this years thrashing.
9. Sydney: The Tippet trade causes ructions amongst the playing group that not even the "culture" can contain, causing Sydney to be the first premiers to miss finals for a very long time. Older players form to drop away dramatically. Bookmakers ecstatic.
10. Geelong: Finally slide out of Finals
11. Carlton: Spawn headline of the year following a profanity laden press conference by Malthouse after a 10 goal loss to the Tigers ends their Finals chances. "Mick's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy"
12. Brisbane: Kids continue to impress but not yet ready to take that next step. Brown retires.
13. St Kilda: Ladder position lower than the performances warrant.
14. GCS: A portent of things to come, the start of a rapid climb up the ladder in the years that follow.
15. Melbourne: Start to show some genuine signs under Neeld, but not enough to escape the bottom 4
16. Port Adelaide: In disarray, only a few battling performances based solely on pride see them avoid the wooden spoon.
17. Western Bulldogs: Will become a very young side in full-on rebuild mode
18. GWS: To have a torrid year with a combination of losing Giles/senior players, second year blues and increased pressure on the kids

Grand Final: West Coast vs. Fremantle, 1st Derby GF Big debate over the merits of playing at the MCG as opposed to WA.

Coleman: A fit J.Reiwoldt finally gets the recognition he deserves from opposition supports as he wins his 3rd Coleman in 4 years.

Brownlow: A Dangerfield/Cotchin tie. But the biggest shock is Ablett not being GCS highest vote winner after a stellar debut season from O'Meara

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawthorn
Sydney
West Coast
Fremantle
Richmond
collingwood
Adelaide
North Melbourne

Geelong
Essendon
St Kilda

Brisbane
Carlton
Western Bulldogs
Melbourne
Port Adelaide
Gold Coast
GWS

Brownlow: Cotchin
Coleman: buddy
Grand Final: Hawks vs Freo = Hawks winners

Josh Kennedy asks for a trade back to Hawthorn.
Lewis Jetta wants to go home to Western Australia.
Collingwood win the premiership over Hawthorn.

Sydney
Hawthorn
Fremantle
West Coast
Adelaide
Carlton
Collingwood
Essendon

North Melbourne
Geelong
Richmond
Brisbane
Port Adelaide
St. Kilda
Gold Coast
Melbourne
Western Bulldogs
GWS

Coleman: Lance Franklin (72)
Runner up: Taylor Walker (68)

Brownlow: Trent Cotchin (26 votes)
Runner up: Nat Fyfe (25 votes)

Premier: Sydney to beat West Coast

Rising star: Brodie Grundy

1. Adelaide
2. Sydney
3. West Coast
4. Hawthorn
5. Collingwood
6. Carlton
7. Essendon
8. Fremantle

9. North Melbourne
10. Geelong
11. Richmond
12. Brisbane
13. St.Kilda
14. Port Adelaide
15. Gold Coast
16. Western Bulldogs
17. GWS
18. Melbourne

Coleman - Franklin( 60-90 depending on how many games he plays)

Brownlow - Fyfe

Premier - Adelaide to beat Sydney

Rising Star - Murray Newman

Top four next year will be Collingwood, Sydney, Geelong and possibly Hawthorn. These teams are gunning at a premiership with their trading. 3 of them will definately make it. The one I'm least confident about is Hawthorn.
as much as i'd like to say geelong will make it, i doubt they will

Going to go much more extreme with my predicitions. So in the unlikely event that any happen I can smugly say I told you so. ;)

1. West Coast: Strong, injury free squad with home advantage and favourable draw see the Eagles win the minor premiership at a canter.
2. Adelaide Crows: The loss of Tippet is covered by the emergence of unheralded talent getting opportunities. Jenkins to be a Dream team favourite.
3. Fremantle: Continue to improve results under Lyon, start to win regularly in Melbourne
4. Richmond: Turn the close loses to wins and start handing out some beltings to the weaker sides.
5. Collingwood: Only Malthouse's poor performance at Carlton stops questions being asked about Buckley's management.
6. Hawthorn: Have a lacklustre year as the last two years finals losses take their toll
7. Essendon: Fewer soft tissue injuries, but still fall away at the end of the year.
8. North Melbourne: Make finals only to reprise this years thrashing.
9. Sydney: The Tippet trade causes ructions amongst the playing group that not even the "culture" can contain, causing Sydney to be the first premiers to miss finals for a very long time. Older players form to drop away dramatically. Bookmakers ecstatic.
10. Geelong: Finally slide out of Finals
11. Carlton: Spawn headline of the year following a profanity laden press conference by Malthouse after a 10 goal loss to the Tigers ends their Finals chances. "Mick's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy"
12. Brisbane: Kids continue to impress but not yet ready to take that next step. Brown retires.
13. St Kilda: Ladder position lower than the performances warrant.
14. GCS: A portent of things to come, the start of a rapid climb up the ladder in the years that follow.
15. Melbourne: Start to show some genuine signs under Neeld, but not enough to escape the bottom 4
16. Port Adelaide: In disarray, only a few battling performances based solely on pride see them avoid the wooden spoon.
17. Western Bulldogs: Will become a very young side in full-on rebuild mode
18. GWS: To have a torrid year with a combination of losing Giles/senior players, second year blues and increased pressure on the kids

Grand Final: West Coast vs. Fremantle, 1st Derby GF Big debate over the merits of playing at the MCG as opposed to WA.

Coleman: A fit J.Reiwoldt finally gets the recognition he deserves from opposition supports as he wins his 3rd Coleman in 4 years.

Brownlow: A Dangerfield/Cotchin tie. But the biggest shock is Ablett not being GCS highest vote winner after a stellar debut season from O'Meara
Surely you are trolling? Have you no idea?

as much as i'd like to say geelong will make it, i doubt they will
Go Bigfooty Goldfish mentality. Everyone said the same thing in '11. We will have 6 additions this year and we were only a game off the pace last year. Won 3 out 4 against the Grand finalists too including beating Sydney convincingly. Collingwood will be very hard to stop next year too.

Go Bigfooty Goldfish mentality. Everyone said the same thing in '11. We will have 6 additions this year and we were only a game off the pace last year. Won 3 out 4 against the Grand finalists too including beating Sydney convincingly. Collingwood will be very hard to stop next year too.
tbh you and Collingwood might be 2 teams that will struggle

1. Sydney
2. Hawthorn
3. Fremantle
4. Carlton
5. Collingwood
6. Adelaide
7. West Coast
8. North Melbourne
--------------
9. Brisbane
10. Geelong