The Original and the Best 2013 Predictions Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Top 6 for 2013
1. Hawthorn - looking for redemption in 2013 and will be strong. They will break their hoodoo against us next season.
2. Sydney - Add Tippet and this side will continue to be a powerhouse.
3. WCE. - Will be a force with some great players coming back from injury next year.
4. Adelaide - Wont have a soft draw in 2013 but they are still a very good side.
5. Collingwood - still a very competitive team and could be top 4 if they get their mojo back. One to watch.
6. Fremantle - on the rise no doubt, but need a home final if they are going to have a crack at a flag. Not in 2013 though.

Carlton - will learn from 2012 and be a quality team again.

Geelong - rebuilding but still a quality team and if they don't Finish in the 8 they will be just outside.

Nth Melb. - wont get an easy draw next year so will struggle a bit more. Need to learn from 2012 and be more consistent.

Essendon - Still have to question fitness over a whole season. One to watch as could be a dark horse.

Richmond - will improve because of how they have drafted in the trade period. One to watch as could be a dark horse.

Brisbane - on the rise but wont make the finals. Will be a real headache team for the top sides pulling off unexpected wins.

St Kilda - rebuilding phase and could drop lower. Their stars are getting older and there isn't that much talent coming through.

Gold Coast - Time to increase their output and try and get 6+ wins for the season. They have the talent.

Melbourne - Interesting year ahead to see if they are going forward at last.

Western Bulldogs - rebuilding so wont be too good.

Port Adelaide - rebuilding so wont be too good.

GWS. - second year blues for most of their team.

GF - Hawthorn V WCE
Premier - Hawthorn
Brownlow - Gary Ablett
Coleman - Franklin

1. Hawthorn - Too good to fall, redemption will be on their minds
2. Fremantle - They will carry their late season run to next season and win all home plus most away games
3. Sydney - Premiership team + if they snare Tippett would probably swap them with Freo
4. Essendon - Scary good this year before injuries hit. Will be the dark horse
5. West Coast - Good team with LeCras back but midfield is slow and too one dimensional
6. Collingwood - I think they're a team on the slide IMO but an injury free year would see them 3rd or 4th
7. Adelaide - Good team honestly have no clue where they will be but will finish top eight IMO
8. Richmond - Consistency plus hopefully they wont have the same horror early fixture run as they did this year

My top 8, had Brisbane, Geelong, Carlton and North in there at some point, next year will be too close to call

1. Hawthorn
2. West Coast
3. Sydney
4. Adelaide
5. Essendon
6. Collingwood
7. Fremantle
8. North
--------------
9. Richmond
10. Carlton
11. Geelong
12. Brisbane
13. St Kilda
14. Gold Coast
15. Western Bulldogs
16. Melbourne
17. Port Adelaide
18. GWS Giants

Brownlow: Gary Ablett (Gold Coast)
Coleman: Lance Franklin

West Coast
Adelaide
Hawthorn
Sydney
Collingwood
Fremantle
Richmond
Essendon

North Melbourne
Carlton
Geelong
Brisbane
St Kilda
Port Adelaide
Bulldogs
Melbourne
Suns
GWS

PREMIERS: Adelaide
COLEMAN: Walker
BROWNLOW: Cotchin

Most could make an argument as to why Essendons midfield is just as good or maybe even better than Norths.

nah, i like norths mids, heaps of insde grunt...outside players are easier to acquire or mould players into, harper, atley and even garlett should get more time on the wings and through the middle this season, they should have gone after wellingham but i think he really wanted WA...

midfield depth is probably the dons greatest weakness, sustained success is easier to attain with a deep and talented midfield.

we shall see though, stagnate is not to say they wont improve in small areas, i just dont think the ladder postition will improve that much.

nah, i like norths mids, heaps of insde grunt...outside players are easier to acquire, they should have gone after wellingham but i think he really wanted WA...

midfield depth is probably the dons greatest weakness, sustained success is easier to attain with a deep and talented midfield.

we shall see though, stagnate is not to say they wont improve in small areas, i just dont think the ladder postition will improve that much.
If anything, outside mids are harder to acquire. Essendons midfield at least matches Norths midfield IMO.

Have gotten some pretty talented players in that range recently, Browne, O'Brien, so I'll back my recruiting staff to get us another handy player there. Touted to be a very good top 50 this year, so we'll see where that takes us

yes, i have heard that as well, although it appears it has been scaled back from super draft to deep draft in the past couple of weeks in the media traps.

i think essendon have a solid nucleus and i think they are making the right move getting goddard, jobe is 27 or 28 already, so they need to cash in while he as it his prime, he just needs much more help.

If anything, outside mids are harder to acquire. The thing is Essendons midfield at least matches Norths midfield IMO.

you can adjust your style of play to suit your side, i think north should look to play shut down, slow play gameplan but im not a coach.

ill try a comparison then and ill give my views on the talent and depth comparison, feel free to add any howlers ive missed

zaha adams
goddard ziebell
watson harvey
stanton wells
howlett swallow
hocking goldstein
bell chambers bastinac
prismall cunnington
melksham gibson

essendon have a better top 2 but the north is more balanced with some good grunt and 1 or 2 to play outside, the unknown quantity is goddard, what mid role he plays and whether it is succcesful, stanton goes missing when attention is applied and melksham has stagnated...the ruckman are fairly level, but i think the depth of gibson, cunnington (negator), bastinac make for good relief compared to essendons

this season will be telling, goddard could change the whole dynamic, we shall see, north in front for mine at this stage

Hawthorn
Fremantle
West Coast
Sydney
Collingwood
Adelaide
Richmond
Essendon
--
Brisbane
Geelong
North Melbourne
Carlton
Bulldogs
Port Adelaide
Gold Coast
St.Kilda
Melbourne
GWS

you can adjust your style of play to suit your side, i think north should look to play shut down, slow play gameplan but im not a coach.

ill try a comparison then and ill give my views on the talent and depth comparison, feel free to add any howlers ive missed

zaha adams
goddard ziebell
watson harvey
stanton wells
howlett swallow
hocking goldstein
bell chambers bastinac
prismall cunnington
melksham gibson

essendon have a better top 2 but the north is more balanced with some good grunt and 1 or 2 to play outside, the unknown quantity is goddard, what mid role he plays and whether it is succcesful, stanton goes missing when attention is applied and melksham has stagnated...the ruckman are fairly level, but i think the depth of gibson, cunnington (negator), bastinac make for good relief compared to essendons

this season will be telling, goddard could change the whole dynamic, we shall see, north in front for mine at this stage
I think you have Hocking and Bellchambers mixed up there. You also have Prismall who didn't play at all this year.
Zaharakis - Adams
Stanton - Wells
Goddard - Ziebell
Watson - Swallow
Jetta - Harvey (Only comparison I could think off)
Bellchambers/Ryder - Goldstein
Howlett - Cunnington
Heppell - Bastinac
Melksham - Gibson.

I think that is at least even. I could probably handle you saying North's midfield is better even though I don't agree with it but you said our midfield is shit, which is not true, it is actually pretty decent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. Hawthorn - Will be hungry, still have the talent.
2. West Coast Eagles - Getting a preseason into some players as well as others returning looks like dangerous signs for others.
3. Sydney - List has improved with Tippet but I can see a slight drop in output from others
4. Adelaide - So much respect after their prelim loss, well balanced team!
5. Fremantle - Will continue to get used to their gameplan and get better as a team
6. Richmond - Tipping them to be a dark horse
7. Collingwood - Still a quality list, can see their stars shining and their second tier dropping
8. Geelong - Will be around this mark if not a tad higher, they're still dangerous and could beat anyone on their day

9. Brisbane - Expecting a large improvement
10. Essendon - About the same as this year, wont start anywhere near as good nor will they drop
11. Carlton - That midfield is good but they're lacking everywhere else to be real dangerous
12. Saints - Need improvement but the core group of players will carry them
13. North Melbourne - Good solid team, can cause upsets but wont set the world on fire
14. Port Adelaide - On the up, wont jump to huge numbers maybe 5-6 wins
15. Gold Coast Suns - Time for some genuine showings this year, well lead by Ablett
16. Melbourne - Time to shine, I rate some of their players but there's obvious holes
17. Western Bulldogs - In trouble Imo.
18. GWS - Still a tad fresh, the list is something else though, will turn it on for quarters but fail to finish strong.

Premiership = West Coast Eagles: The most balanced of all the teams, lacking a bit in midfield but on their day can match with anyone else

Norm Smith = Lecras: Will remind everyone how good he is throughout the year, wether he's played up forward or through the middle and will shine on Grand Final day, he loves the attention and can handle it well.

Brownlow = Ablett: The man's simply a freak, top two player with Buddy, obvious advantage of playing midfield for umpires attention, known vote getter and Gold coast will improve.

Coleman = Buddy: Provided he's injury free he will win the award comfortably from JR

1. West Coast
2. Hawthorn
3. Sydney
4. Adelaide
5. Collingwood
6. Richmond
7. Carlton
8. Fremantle
--------------
9. Geelong
10. Essendon
11. North Melbourne
12. St Kilda
13. Brisbane
14. Melbourne
15. Port Adelaide
16. Gold Coast SUNS
17. Western Bulldogs
18. GWS Giants

2013 AFL Grand Final: West Coast v Hawthorn
Premiers: West Coast
Brownlow: Trent Cotchin

Which part did you lol at?

A lot of these predictions. One of the common things of course is everyone is predicting their own team will come off better than other teams surrounding them, nearly everyone has named one of their players as securing the brownlow, coleman, or norm smith. Not saying my predictions would be much better, just that they are funny to read. Pretty much everyone who has a team as a top four contender suggests they'll at least make the grand final next year, every top eight contender suggests they'll either move up the eight or make the eight, every bottom four contender suggests they'll be the best off next year and that the still fledgling gold coast will begin their rise. It makes it easy to realise how bookies make so much money.

Hawthorn
West Coast
Sydney
Collingwood
Fremantle
Essendon
Adelaide
Richmond
-----------------------
Carlton
North Melbourne
Geelong
St. Kilda
Brisbane
Gold Coast
Melbourne
Port Adelaide
Western Bulldogs
Greater Western Sydney

Premiers: Hawthorn
Coleman: Franklin
Brownlow: Cotchin

West Coast
Hawthorn
Fremantle
Essendon
Collingwood
Carlton
Sydney
Adelaide
---------------
Richmond
North Melbourne
St Kilda
Geelong
Brisbane
Gold Coast
Port Adelaide
Melbourne
Western Bulldogs
Greater Western Sydney

Coleman: Walker
Brownlow: Ablett

1. Collingwood
2. Hawthorn
3. Sydney
4. West Coast
5. Adelaide
6. Fremantle
7. Carlton
8. Geelong

9. Richmond
10. North Melbourne
11. Brisbane
12. Gold Coast
13. St Kilda
14. Essendon
15. Port Adelaide
16. Melbourne
17. Western Bulldogs
18. GWS

Runners Up: Sydney
Brownlow: Sam Mitchell

I never said the Saints would be good again. Their list is done. Notice how you ignore Geelong in that analysis by the way - I wonder why.

"We will see. The grandfinalists this year were a shadow of Geelong, Collingwood and St.Kilda from previous years. The former two will be back bigger and ever next year"

Don't know why I bother but do you read your own posts? What exactly do you mean when you wrote Geelong, Collingwood and St.Kilda then referred to "the former two being bigger and better next year"? If you wonder why, I was responding to what you wrote. That’s why Geelong wasn’t mentioned in my post. Easy enough for you to follow? Anybody with basic literacy skills should be able to follow that.

Looks to me like you think the Saints "will be back bigger and ever next year" Don't know where I got that from though:rolleyes:

1. Hawthorn
2. Collingwood
3. West Coast
4. Fremantle
5. Sydney
6. Adelaide
7. Richmond
8. Essendon

9. Geelong
10. Carlton
11. Brisbane
12. North Melbourne