The Pecking Order...

Remove this Banner Ad

Lindsay Thomas def gets my vote this year, the amount of times he has played for a free kick, fallen over, had his hands on his hips, hardly chased, and argued with umpires ... As much as i dislike Power i very rarely if ever see him argue with an umpire or a team mate.

My guess is one of the new players will emerge once the honeymoon period is over. I don't think it will be Ross, he is too good. I'd be guessing it could be Ben Warren or Josh Smith.

Bullshit. You say Power is a fave because he is a defensive player without flair and Lindsay is a fave because he is a flair player without a defensive side.

You are full of shit.

But on topic, every team has guys that get selected and give them the shits. That is okay. It disappears when you start winning a lot.

But Watt and Power are the only real two bugbears on our list IMO.

Lindsay has too much upside to cause massive heartburn.

Hale baking is OK given his start, but way overblown. People who wanted him dropped this week would have dropped us a game. Even on down games he contributes by making the opposition panic. Very talented asmuch as those who called dud do not want to acknowledge it.

Simmo and Rawlings baggers have very little idea.

I am sure duds will emerge, but most of them are too young at this stage. Lots of upside, which is good.

That bolded bit sums it up pretty simply.

There wouldn't be many issues if we were winning more and right up there, but we haven't been doing that so thats why players get bagged and the coach cops it, as he should.

Oh, just to add that whoever bags out Simmo proves there and then that they have no idea, there opinions will not be taken seriously.

That bolded bit sums it up pretty simply.

There wouldn't be many issues if we were winning more and right up there, but we haven't been doing that so thats why players get bagged and the coach cops it, as he should.

Oh, just to add that whoever bags out Simmo proves there and then that they have no idea, there opinions will not be taken seriously.

Hasn't worked for Richmond has it? :eek:
I'm not sure the coach bagging is all that productive to be honest. Whilst Dean has been there for 7 years now, much of that time has been spent with a failing board and a shoestring budget. Part of Laidley's last contract negotiations involved him only signing up when the football department spending was increased so he could have a decent crack at putting together a list that could challenge for a premiership.
Laidley's not perfect, no coach is, but lets wait till the contract is being negotiated midyear before sinking the boots in. It's extremely unprofessional to sack a coach without due process, we are not Richmond.

Hasn't worked for Richmond has it? :eek:
I'm not sure the coach bagging is all that productive to be honest. Whilst Dean has been there for 7 years now, much of that time has been spent with a failing board and a shoestring budget. Part of Laidley's last contract negotiations involved him only signing up when the football department spending was increased so he could have a decent crack at putting together a list that could challenge for a premiership.
Laidley's not perfect, no coach is, but lets wait till the contract is being negotiated midyear before sinking the boots in. It's extremely unprofessional to sack a coach without due process, we are not Richmond.

I think you mis-understood me, what i was saying is that when the team is not performing, Playing a crap brand of footy like we did (in the first 5 games this season) the coach deserves to be called on it.

Agree with you nick, if it is indeed gameplan which is the problem...
I just don't think sacking coaches fixes much. Just don't renew a contract if it's not working, sacking the coach provides more cons than pros.

I will tell ya what also pisses off true supporters .

Watching blokes who are not fit to wear the jumper week after week , regardless of how hard they train or how nice of a bloke they may be .

The ' Clowns ' you speak of watch every game , and every North supporter who comes to bigfooty , is a footy tragic . They love the club and want us to succeed .

At the end of the day you have control over your fingers and eyes and you are not made to read the threads , so your moaning is getting tiresome also .

BTW , **** Power off , he is a dud !

It's one thing to be a passionate footy tragic who loves the club and wants nothing less than success. But the personal abuse of individual players is getting too much. One day some footballer is going to top himself through depression. I hope that none of us contributes to that.

It's one thing to be a passionate footy tragic who loves the club and wants nothing less than success. But the personal abuse of individual players is getting too much. One day some footballer is going to top himself through depression. I hope that none of us contributes to that.
Couple a hundred k of overseas holidays, property and some "Amy" action couldnt fix that? Drawing a pretty long bow?
Mostly the abuse isnt even that bad, and would imagine club hopping over achievers like Leroy and Power would avoid such a place.
Was just having this conversation with a mate the other day about Terry Wallet and how upset we were $700,000 per year couldnt cure his so called hurt feelings.
Most would take some physical trauma for such action, the Wallet stuff is a joke, if he was on 50k fair enough.

Couple a hundred k of overseas holidays, property and some "Amy" action couldnt fix that? Drawing a pretty long bow?
Mostly the abuse isnt even that bad, and would imagine club hopping over achievers like Leroy and Power would avoid such a place.
Was just having this conversation with a mate the other day about Terry Wallet and how upset we were $700,000 per year couldnt cure his so called hurt feelings.
Most would take some physical trauma for such action, the Wallet stuff is a joke, if he was on 50k fair enough.

Because depression and mental illness is reserved entirely for the under classes and the lowly paid? FFS, go buy a clue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree with you nick, if it is indeed gameplan which is the problem...
I just don't think sacking coaches fixes much. Just don't renew a contract if it's not working, sacking the coach provides more cons than pros.

Yep, agree with what your saying.

Whatever happens with Dean, he won't be sacked.

Just confirms that you are are a @%$# of the highest order.

I will tell ya what also pisses off true supporters .

Watching blokes who are not fit to wear the jumper week after week , regardless of how hard they train or how nice of a bloke they may be .

The ' Clowns ' you speak of watch every game , and every North supporter who comes to bigfooty , is a footy tragic . They love the club and want us to succeed .

At the end of the day you have control over your fingers and eyes and you are not made to read the threads , so your moaning is getting tiresome also .

BTW , **** Power off , he is a dud !

Post of the thread. Saying it like it is. Well done, NMFC ALWAYS.

With respect, phaz, that's a load of crap. When I was a kid in the 70's, I sat with my grandpa who was going off at a player and I told him I felt sorry for players getting criticised (I've changed a bit since then :)). He replied that he copped it when he played in the 30's and players were copping it before that, and ever since. It's part of the fabric of footy.

So, what's your theory on why 21st century players are thinner-skinned (more depression prone) than the ones of the previous century? Sure the exposure has gone up, but rewards have more than compensated. I just don't buy what you're saying.

With respect, phaz, that's a load of crap. When I was a kid in the 70's, I sat with my grandpa who was going off at a player and I told him I felt sorry for players getting criticised (I've changed a bit since then :)). He replied that he copped it when he played in the 30's and players were copping it before that, and ever since. It's part of the fabric of footy.

So, what's your theory on why 21st century players are thinner-skinned (more depression prone) than the ones of the previous century? Sure the exposure has gone up, but rewards have more than compensated. I just don't buy what you're saying.

Depression has gone up in society on the whole... people are better off and suddenly when they're not flat out surviving things like meaning of life and why everyone's so hurtful start being contemplated =P

I reckon saying 'that's the way it's always been' is a complete cop out. Go back a couple of hundred years and the way it'd always been included slavery, sufferage and persecution of minorities.

Depression has gone up in society on the whole... people are better off and suddenly when they're not flat out surviving things like meaning of life and why everyone's so hurtful start being contemplated =P

I reckon saying 'that's the way it's always been' is a complete cop out. Go back a couple of hundred years and the way it'd always been included slavery, sufferage and persecution of minorities.

Oh dear, slavery, sufferage and persecution of minorities. Master deflection, dude. I suppose you felt it necessary to support the dubious original contention of the thread.

Football is a game that has evolved with society, but has plenty of constants. Goals are worth six points, behinds are worth one, etc. Despite rolling rule changes, it's basis is fundamentally the same as when it started. Sure it's faster and more highly skilled, but that's evolution.

Players copped it from the crowds then, they cop it now. The method has also evolved (internet, etc), but it's still a fundamental part of the game, as I said before, part of the fabric. It is also a fundamental right of supporters.

Depression has indeed increased, but is that now grounds for supporters to give up a fundamental part of their participation in the game? Yeah, right.

FFS, the AFL stuffs up the game enough, the PC Police should take their bleeding hearts elsewhere.

I give it to the opposition players LtK, and the odd North player for a specific stuff up, but never ever will I go off constantly at a bloke representing my club. We're all different. That's just not my bag at all.

Very good post (and something that I know the AFLPA is very worried about).

It goes without saying but the sad thing about forums such as these is that people will sit there under an alias and type things that they would never say to someone's face.

If somehow everyone could be forced to post under their real names I reckon this problem would go away overnight.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Pecking Order...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back