The Percieved Board / Coaching situation - Post Here no more individual threads

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Terry Wallace- Gone ?

To me it is quite clear why we have taken longer to rebuild etc.

Did anyone watch that Episode of White Line Fever a few years ago when Terry made that 'Premiership Clock'? I think it was 2005/6. Geelong and Freo sat at the top meaning their window of opportunity was there to be taken. A year or 2 later, Geelong win a flag and we all know how shit Freo go when they have expectations.

I am a strong believer in this theory and Wallace clearly is too. Because of the shit list management by Frawley, we have very little players in this core age group (which is what the premiership clock is based on), even worse the very few we have are never playing for various reasons. Here is the list of those players in that age group.

Someone else can compare this to Carlton and Hawthorn whom are 2 teams we get compared with.

Jordan McMahon - New recruit
Chris Newman - Good player
Kelvin Moore - Only got in the 22 this year
Shane Tuck - Is not experienced game wise, but a gun
Mark Coughlan - Injuries are killing him/us
Chris Hyde - Dud
Kayne Pettifer - Dud
Ray Hall - GONE
Ty Zantuck - GONE
Brad Ottens - GONE

So a total of 4 play regularly. :eek:

Re: Wallace goes: I'll almost give up on the club

From this outsider's point of view it does seem puzzling the mixed signals that March is sending out to the coaching structure at Richmond. For comparisons sake under Bomber Thompson at Geelong, his record in his first four years as coach was 89 games, 39 wins, 48 losses and two draws. Geelong made the finals in 2000, losing their elimination game to the Hawks.

Now Wallace has had four years at Richmond, for 35 wins, 51 losses and two draws also. From where Richmond started from at 2004, that's not a disastrous result, and i think this year the corner has certainly turned to the positive. By 2003 at Geelong we'd already drafted a significant portion of our structure now (Chapman, Corey, Ling, Enright, Mooney in 1999, Hunt in 2000, Gary Jr, Bartel, Kelly and S.Johnson in 2001, Mackie in 2002. So the results flowing in the last couple of years has already been developing for several years up to that point.

Give Wallace a chance to allow the players brought in from 2004 to establish themselves as the core of the side. Their time is not yet, but more likely 2010 onwards will be the time that the structure will be in place for seaons of 15 wins or so, which is top-4 material and a serious crack at a flag. Mind you, next year should be positive also. Think about it, you went 11-10-1 and played twice against the Hawks and Cats, winning one of those games. Just think, if the draw had allowed you to have played another game say against the Swans and Dogs late in the year instead, your form of recent time is much better than those sides, who have only beaten mediocre sides in the last part of the year. Perhaps a season of 13-8-1 was a chance. Certainly finals would have been on the menu.

And the bloke who said about the thumpings, well a young side will suffer them sometimes, the Crows game 2nd time around was bad, but that can happen interstate to a young side. Geelong i think lost about 13 games interstate in a row from 2002-2004, now we have won our last 8 interstate.

If Richmond's heirachy have any sense, they must allow Wallace to coach his final year. Remember also, another coach last year had the sword of Damocles hanging over his head, and at 2-3 the dogs were circling. That side has now lost two games since April 2007. The coach, Bomber Thompson, who last year was allowed to finish his final year of his contract. Hasten with thought, Tiger fans and see the positive signs this year has brought you. Have a look, when is the last year Richmond finished a year 8-3 from the last 11 games? It was 2001, before that it was 1982.

Reading through this pile of posts tells me one thing...

For many of us, the lynch mob mentality is alive and well.

You can almost see the white hoods going on & the noose being tossed over the bough of the old oak tree...

Reading through this pile of posts tells me one thing...

For many of us, the lynch mob mentality is alive and well.

You can almost see the white hoods going on & the noose being tossed over the bough of the old oak tree...

your a ****! your a ****!

how do you reason a comment like that? the majority of people posting are against any sacking of Wallace - and the rest are just imparticial to it.

comparing the comments and reactions from our supporters reacting to a media rumour about TW getting sacked - to the KKK hanging Negro's is ****ing pathetic mate - pull your head in:thumbsdown:

DO NOT START A NEW THREAD WITH EVERY RUMOUR,

Even if it s from
1) A MATE WHO TEXTED YOU SOMETHING,
2) THE GUY AT THE PUB.
3) THE BOOT STUDDER
4) TERRY"S PLUMBER.

If this eventuates and something happens and is reported in the media by journalist THEN WE CAN CREATE THREADS

UNTIL THEN POST IT HERE

your a ****! your a ****!

how do you reason a comment like that? the majority of people posting are against any sacking of Wallace - and the rest are just imparticial to it.

comparing the comments and reactions from our supporters reacting to a media rumour about TW getting sacked - to the KKK hanging Negro's is ****ing pathetic mate - pull your head in:thumbsdown:

Golly, I didn't expect that reaction Astro!

The analogy of lynch mob is often used to illustrate the "ground swell" created by some dissenting voices, leading to more & more momentum.

It's what I meant. It seems that some around here are smelling blood and are using this rumour to push forward their agenda's which have been simmering for a while.

I acknowledge that most don't want him to go. (I'm one of them)

Appologies for any offence...

A lynch mob actually relates to the wild west not the KKK, when people used to take the law into their own hands . Around long before the KKK and I know I took Roachy at what he meant.

Khan

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DO NOT START A NEW THREAD WITH EVERY RUMOUR,

Even if it s from
1) A MATE WHO TEXTED YOU SOMETHING,
2) THE GUY AT THE PUB.
3) THE BOOT STUDDER
4) TERRY"S PLUMBER.

If this eventuates and something happens and is reported in the media by journalist THEN WE CAN CREATE THREADS

UNTIL THEN POST IT HERE
To be fair, the boot studder is usually all over rumours like this.:D

To all those who say they wont support the club if they sack Wallace, GROW UP!

Do you follow the Richmond Football Club or the Terry Wallace Football Club?

It is admirable to show support for Wallace while he is under pressure but what happens to that support if Wallace was to turn around and walk out? Will you still support him or will you sink the boots in?

We all know that these are rumours and your threats amount to nothing more than hot air. Come round 1 next season with or without Wallace we will all be wanting to see the side come out and perform, so cut the crap and hysteria and sit back and relax until you hear something official coming out of the club.

I find it amazing that it that the most sensible post comes from a West Coast supporter. (maybe because there is no emotion involved)
Personally i don't care if TW is coach next year or not, but only if he pulled the pin with no pushing from the board.
The RFC has spent 27 years destabilising itself and this would just be another example of such stupidity just when the club seems to be heading in the right direction.
It was a very sensible post except for the last paragraph about beaver fever being a smart sounding guy.
A absolute moron of the highest order

Exhibit A Cleve Hughes "wont make it"..... 2 years down the track " I'm happy to be proven wrong"....

Finally someone that agrees with me :) However you wont need 2 years more like till trade week :D. Talks of getting cousins no thanks. Kerr is the one we should go after he has age on his side and is as good as a player then what Benny was.

To all those who say they wont support the club if they sack Wallace, GROW UP!

Do you follow the Richmond Football Club or the Terry Wallace Football Club?

It is admirable to show support for Wallace while he is under pressure but what happens to that support if Wallace was to turn around and walk out? Will you still support him or will you sink the boots in?

We all know that these are rumours and your threats amount to nothing more than hot air. Come round 1 next season with or without Wallace we will all be wanting to see the side come out and perform, so cut the crap and hysteria and sit back and relax until you hear something official coming out of the club.

If they sack Wallace I would be deflated.... My personal opinion is that he should serve out his contract. If he fails next season then we have every right not to renew his contract.
If he does leave then we should be grateful that he stuck to a plan that has unearthed probably one of the best young lists in the competition.

Finally someone that agrees with me :) However you wont need 2 years more like till trade week :D. Talks of getting cousins no thanks. Kerr is the one we should go after he has age on his side and is as good as a player then what Benny was.

Mate I dont agree with you... Cleve is 21, needs more time. Infact part of me wants him to be traded to another club and come out and blitz so he be the example to everyone that some players take longer than others to develop.....

Do you have a source? Has it been reported ie are they quoting a source ? If not then No dont create a new thread.

As to my opinion at the moment I am Switzerland , Neutral

I wasn't attempting or trying to start a new thread???

My source is a board member. It was also on the rumour file this morning on 3aw.

Re: I Have A Conspiracy Theory

More likely that any new coach will come in and want to do things his way. We all thought we had a decent list in 95 and Walls wanted them to play a different style of footy and look how well that worked out.

There's no guarantees mate.

yeah there are no guarantees 1980. But what you havent worked out is that 4 years on and the list cant play the style of footy that TW wants to play. i.e his style requires excellent foot skills and footy smarts, to be produced consistently.
His style is to move the ball down the ground without giving the opposition a chance to touch it. i.e. 80% target hitting which means 100% running into space, which means leaving gaping holes to make the space, which crucifies us when you dont have enough players with the foot skills and smarts.
He has about 4 players who are capable of producing that kind of requirement consistently. He knows that the only way he can get close to what his style demands is to buy it in, because basically, his requirements werent met by Miller and his drafting.
Why do you think i i would always suggest that we need a Lids to dispose of it to a Lids and then to another Lids?
Why do you think we would always fall apart when a passage of play, which looked great when it began, got to a player without the skills and we fell down at the last hurdle? How many times did we move the ball out of defence lloking top class, only to get to the last crucial kick into the FL and it was in the hands of the wrong player to make the next crucial move?
We have a decent list to work with. We can build a real contender with it. I can bet my bottom dollar that a new coach with a new style of play, that doesnt rely on precise foot skills, i.e what the bulldogs have now, will make a positive difference. As for your ridiculous example with Walls, come on man, Manfield, Rombotis, Elliot, Dundas??? get real now, playign style wasnt the problem there dude....shit for brains in who he wanted was. ;)

Re: Wallace goes: I'll almost give up on the club

From this outsider's point of view it does seem puzzling the mixed signals that March is sending out to the coaching structure at Richmond. For comparisons sake under Bomber Thompson at Geelong, his record in his first four years as coach was 89 games, 39 wins, 48 losses and two draws. Geelong made the finals in 2000, losing their elimination game to the Hawks.

Now Wallace has had four years at Richmond, for 35 wins, 51 losses and two draws also. From where Richmond started from at 2004, that's not a disastrous result, and i think this year the corner has certainly turned to the positive. By 2003 at Geelong we'd already drafted a significant portion of our structure now (Chapman, Corey, Ling, Enright, Mooney in 1999, Hunt in 2000, Gary Jr, Bartel, Kelly and S.Johnson in 2001, Mackie in 2002. So the results flowing in the last couple of years has already been developing for several years up to that point.

Give Wallace a chance to allow the players brought in from 2004 to establish themselves as the core of the side. Their time is not yet, but more likely 2010 onwards will be the time that the structure will be in place for seaons of 15 wins or so, which is top-4 material and a serious crack at a flag. Mind you, next year should be positive also. Think about it, you went 11-10-1 and played twice against the Hawks and Cats, winning one of those games. Just think, if the draw had allowed you to have played another game say against the Swans and Dogs late in the year instead, your form of recent time is much better than those sides, who have only beaten mediocre sides in the last part of the year. Perhaps a season of 13-8-1 was a chance. Certainly finals would have been on the menu.

And the bloke who said about the thumpings, well a young side will suffer them sometimes, the Crows game 2nd time around was bad, but that can happen interstate to a young side. Geelong i think lost about 13 games interstate in a row from 2002-2004, now we have won our last 8 interstate.

If Richmond's heirachy have any sense, they must allow Wallace to coach his final year. Remember also, another coach last year had the sword of Damocles hanging over his head, and at 2-3 the dogs were circling. That side has now lost two games since April 2007. The coach, Bomber Thompson, who last year was allowed to finish his final year of his contract. Hasten with thought, Tiger fans and see the positive signs this year has brought you. Have a look, when is the last year Richmond finished a year 8-3 from the last 11 games? It was 2001, before that it was 1982.

again it takes someone from outside the club to make any sense.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Percieved Board / Coaching situation - Post Here no more individual threads

Remove this Banner Ad

Back