The Percieved Board / Coaching situation - Post Here no more individual threads

Remove this Banner Ad

Love the rumour on TW getting the chop today....i hope i didnt miss it lol

And as for who his replacement...
I know a guy, who knows this chick that works on Gippsland radio and she said that the coach will be either Graham Arnold OR Coach Gordon Bombay

Don't know about the rest of you but here is what I believe is happening.

• March wants a strong RFC. Not one that is strong for 1-2 seasons and then falls back down the ladder because of short sighted coaching.
  • To achieve this he needs to make sure that Richmond continues to draft with the long term future of the club at heart. March feels that Wallace is moving away from his rebuild with youth plan by signalling that he wants to chase a few experienced players this off season. March believes that would be a bad decision. I think March believes we are a contender for finals next year, but not a contender for the flag. We still have more areas to address before we are.
  • Because of this he has removed all control from Wallace and has given that power to Cameron and Jackson in terms of list management. Wants them to focus of fixing those areas of concern with players who could be 10+ year players instead of 5-7 year players.
  • Wallace will still get a say in the types of players he wants/needs to take the next step but wont be able to go out and sell our soul to get them. If he wants to chase Kerr he wont be able to, however he will be able to chase a cheaper, but equally as effective option that wont cost us early picks or a huge chunk of cap space. You don't need 22 guns to win a premiership. What you need is a team that has everyone doing their job properly.
  • Wallace feels this is eerily similar to the way things panned out at the Dogs and doesn't like it. That is why the stories surface that paint him as the good guy who is not getting the 'help' he needs to do his job properly. Sets him up with a perfect out clause should he choose to walk before the end of his contract.
  • I believe March is just trying to get Wallace to focus solely on coaching. If Wallace was solely focused on coaching there is no doubt in my mind that we would have been playing this weekend.

• March wants a strong RFC. Not one that is strong for 1-2 seasons and then falls back down the ladder because of short sighted coaching.
  • To achieve this he needs to make sure that Richmond continues to draft with the long term future of the club at heart. March feels that Wallace is moving away from his rebuild with youth plan by signalling that he wants to chase a few experienced players this off season. March believes that would be a bad decision. I think March believes we are a contender for finals next year, but not a contender for the flag. We still have more areas to address before we are.
  • Because of this he has removed all control from Wallace and has given that power to Cameron and Jackson in terms of list management. Wants them to focus of fixing those areas of concern with players who could be 10+ year players instead of 5-7 year players.
  • Wallace will still get a say in the types of players he wants/needs to take the next step but wont be able to go out and sell our soul to get them. If he wants to chase Kerr he wont be able to, however he will be able to chase a cheaper, but equally as effective option that wont cost us early picks or a huge chunk of cap space. You don't need 22 guns to win a premiership. What you need is a team that has everyone doing their job properly.
  • Wallace feels this is eerily similar to the way things panned out at the Dogs and doesn't like it. That is why the stories surface that paint him as the good guy who is not getting the 'help' he needs to do his job properly. Sets him up with a perfect out clause should he choose to walk before the end of his contract.
  • I believe March is just trying to get Wallace to focus solely on coaching. If Wallace was solely focused on coaching there is no doubt in my mind that we would have been playing this weekend.

spot on RT..;)

Entirely agree with you RT. I don't think March is rattling the cage for the sake of it, he is shrewd and sees the path that Wallace could possibly take come draft/trade period and realises this may not be the optimal outcome beyond 2009.

Facts are this side that has been built for 4 years by Wallace/Miller should be making finals by the 5th year. If we need Kerr to get us from 9th to 8th then there is something wrong. I have no real qualms with trading picks (though I'd prefer not to see it in this draft) but selling your soul for one player is a bad move imo. It tells me the coaching brains trust are nervous about next year...

We aren't serious flag contenders next year, so we should get more development into our young players and draft some more young players and develop them, not pin our hopes on a marquee player who we have to give the shirts off our backs to.

This whole episode is like Days of Our Lives or something, conspiracies, rumours....you really get bang for your buck being a Tigerhead member ;) :eek:

I'll just add that this doesn't mean I think we should give Wallace his marching orders or anything, but I'm glad that he is being reigned in before trading period because I hope to see us continue to have faith in our drafting (misguided or not) and not look to elsewhere for a quick fix. Just stick to coaching TW

Re: Wallace goes: I'll almost give up on the club

as sensible as rt is, I'm still with the numbnuts that is saying Wallace will resign at 11:00am today. Hey numbnuts, I'm sure everything is on track but we haven't heard from you today, what's the latest?
Give the kid a chance will ya, he doesn't have computers until last period on Fridays. I'm sure there will be an updated rumour just before hometime. :thumbsu:

Just had a look at the site where the rumour started and after getting hammered about it all the OP could come back with is:
The Grand Final hasn't been played yet.

Good Grief.

Re: Patrick Smith Is He right?

I think this quote has gone over a few people heads. Wallace is the best man to coach us, so why the hell would you replace him?

yeah no one understood it.........we are too busy creating rumours and innuendo...........im a no a big fan but no good can come of this

Love the rumour on TW getting the chop today....i hope i didnt miss it lol

And as for who his replacement...
I know a guy, who knows this chick that works on Gippsland radio and she said that the coach will be either Graham Arnold OR Coach Gordon Bombay

on pre pahoff has been saying we will get cousins.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: Wallace goes: I'll almost give up on the club

The bottom line is there is no one capable of replacing Terry. So strap on the plastic girl, stack the fridge and stoke the bong. We're stayin home tonite.....
Aha. Now I see the kind of intellectual giant I am dealing with.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Percieved Board / Coaching situation - Post Here no more individual threads

Remove this Banner Ad

Back