The Percieved Board / Coaching situation - Post Here no more individual threads

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Wallace goes: I'll almost give up on the club

what is so good about hardwick from all you experts. have you all heard him speak to groups of players and man manage people, or is it that he looks good following clarkson on to the ground that it must mean he can coach.
See how I wrote 'Hardwick or whoever'?

I'll repost my thoughts here. If he is sacked I'd be dirty but ..

The only way Terry leaves is if he walks. It's pretty clear that march has set down the new rules for RFC. The coach coaches. The recruiting and list management belongs to Cameron & Jackson. Terry obviously has a say in what he wants/needs but he no longer has the last say. I think this is a good move by the RFC especially when Wallace has already started the "locked and loaded" & "need experienced players to round out our list". Comments like these tell me Wallet is coaching for next season, not for the next 5-10 years of RFC. We don't want to see another McMuffin trade for Pick #13.

If Terry decides he can't operate in this environment then I don't think anyone would try too hard to stop him. His 5 year plan has failed. 08 we were meant to be a finals side. Sure, his revised plan said 2011 but he already had the job then so we couldn't call him on it.

Look, I think Terry has done alright and I've seen good improvement this year. Sunday was liking watching RFC 07 v RFC 08. We've come a long way, but we should be further.

Finally, for the "good old Richmond" crap being thrown around, we haven't sacked a coach in over 10 years. The 'eat your own' crap which the media loves to throw out there is no longer valid except in the minds of the media types who are gagging for a negative RFC story because it sells papers.

March & Wright are doing a good job and are putting in place structures to take RFC forward for the next 5 to 10 years. if any of the existing employees of RFC feel they can't operate in this new environment, they are free to leave.

Great post.
BIG difference between Wallace being punted and Wallace quitting.

He's got history remember when things don't go his way. He has walked before time with the Bulldogs and if he did it again I wouldn't give him two seconds thought.

Besides talk about being over reactive.
Most of us would have absolutely no idea what's going on in the back room meetings.
What if Terry is being a egotistical & difficult prick resisting change?
Or trying to impose his ideas to save his bacon. Anyone ever consider that?

Talk of giving up on our club for this mercenary is just crazy talk.
I would back my club to the eyeballs before walking out on it because of Terry Wallace.

The bottom line is there is no one capable of replacing Terry. So strap on the plastic girl, stack the fridge and stoke the bong. We're stayin home tonite.....

Re: Terry Wallace- Gone ?

You people are seriously pathetic...

SURELY if there was a time for Wallace to go it was last year, when you finished last!

SURELY finishing 9th with massive improvement, after finishing last, gives him the right to the last year of his contract!?

Blokes talk about logic - where's the logic in sacking the bloke that has finally got your side moving in the right direction!?

FFS, all you anti-Wallace blokes talk about are the poor recruiting decisions, etc. GET OVER IT! You're on the improve, move forward as one, it's complete crap the way you go on and on about how he's not the right bloke for the job!

OF COURSE the next bloke to come in and coach the side will do a better jon that Terry's done, HE'LL HAVE THE LIST READY TO GO, HE WON'T HAVE TO FIX OTHER PEOPLE'S STUFF UPS!

Surely you all can't be so FU&*%$G DUMB as to not see the progress you've made on last year and previous years!?

I've got a question for Beaver Fever - you seem to be the biggest advocate for Wallace to leave, some of what you say seems to make a little bit of sense and you come across as a smartish sort of person, so how can you see logic in sacking Wallace? How can you sit there and say he has no right to the last year of his contract and he needs to be sent home right away?

I find it amazing that it that the most sensible post comes from a West Coast supporter. (maybe because there is no emotion involved)
Personally i don't care if TW is coach next year or not, but only if he pulled the pin with no pushing from the board.
The RFC has spent 27 years destabilising itself and this would just be another example of such stupidity just when the club seems to be heading in the right direction.

The rumour about him resigning after or near the grand final would have to be false. It would be more likely tomorrow if there is any truth in the rumour. If someone's made up their mind to quit, they would move on as quickly as possible. If he doesn't do it tomorrow I'd say this was a beat-up.

I've got a question for Beaver Fever - you seem to be the biggest advocate for Wallace to leave, some of what you say seems to make a little bit of sense and you come across as a smartish sort of person, so how can you see logic in sacking Wallace? How can you sit there and say he has no right to the last year of his contract and he needs to be sent home right away?

i'm not beaver, but i have an opinion....

i think many think he needs to go perhaps sooner than later (and to be honest, i dont think there is anyone really demanding it - we are only talking about it cos the media is talking about it) is because we have the impression that if Wallace gets his way - he will try and give away all our clubs draft picks to your club for that bloke who we all this is a Wayne Kerr.

I'll repost my thoughts here. If he is sacked I'd be dirty but ..

The only way Terry leaves is if he walks. It's pretty clear that march has set down the new rules for RFC. The coach coaches. The recruiting and list management belongs to Cameron & Jackson. Terry obviously has a say in what he wants/needs but he no longer has the last say. I think this is a good move by the RFC especially when Wallace has already started the "locked and loaded" & "need experienced players to round out our list". Comments like these tell me Wallet is coaching for next season, not for the next 5-10 years of RFC. We don't want to see another McMuffin trade for Pick #13.

If Terry decides he can't operate in this environment then I don't think anyone would try too hard to stop him. His 5 year plan has failed. 08 we were meant to be a finals side. Sure, his revised plan said 2011 but he already had the job then so we couldn't call him on it.

Look, I think Terry has done alright and I've seen good improvement this year. Sunday was liking watching RFC 07 v RFC 08. We've come a long way, but we should be further.

Finally, for the "good old Richmond" crap being thrown around, we haven't sacked a coach in over 10 years. The 'eat your own' crap which the media loves to throw out there is no longer valid except in the minds of the media types who are gagging for a negative RFC story because it sells papers.

March & Wright are doing a good job and are putting in place structures to take RFC forward for the next 5 to 10 years. if any of the existing employees of RFC feel they can't operate in this new environment, they are free to leave.

Our list is on target for 14-15 wins next year imo. Why would we need Kerr? He will barely make a difference in his first year at a new club like ours imo. I doubt Terry would give away quality players for Kerr for short term gain. There's only a 2-3 players on our list who would be worth using in a deal. Do we even know if or what deal was considered? March has given too many signs that he wants a different coaching staff. He's given Terry no confidence of a future. He's restricted Terry's roles and it's almost like he is trying to force Terry out. March should be doing everything possible to make sure Terrys stays.

Our list is on target for 14-15 wins next year imo. Why would we need Kerr? He will barely make a difference in his first year at a new club like ours imo. I doubt Terry would give away quality players for Kerr for short term gain. There's only a 2-3 players on our list who would be worth using in a deal. Do we even know if or what deal was considered? March has given too many signs that he wants a different coaching staff. He's given Terry no confidence of a future. He's restricted Terry's roles and it's almost like he is trying to force Terry out. March should be doing everything possible to make sure Terrys stays.

Yeah, not only all that, but the sky is falling too.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If it happens, we'll cop a fair load of crap from the media for a weeks, but I think March knows what hes doing. It should all be for the better.

I hope it dosnt get to this stage by the way.

We supposedly won't cop a load of crap from big footy about it with the amount of opposition supporters saying he is a poor coach. But we all know that if Wallace does walk out or get the sack that these people will conveniently forget all the time that he is a poor coach and should get that sack.

i'm not beaver, but i have an opinion....

I think many think he needs to go perhaps sooner than later (and to be honest, i dont think there is anyone really demanding it - we are only talking about it cos the media is talking about it) is because we have the impression that if Wallace gets his way - he will try and give away all our clubs draft picks to your club for that bloke who we all this is a Wayne Kerr.

Well from what I've heard, Wallace isn't going to get a say either way. (Trade or draft)

As far as Kerr goes, I don't want him at my club next year, for a bloke who was supposed to be our most important player when Judd and Cousins were around (according the the so called experts) he's shown very little this year, and as far as I'm concerned he's a pretending front runner.

I'd almost feel guilty taking anyone's darft picks for his services.

Has anyone thought to stop for a second and have a look at why Wallace would want to trade picks for ready made players?

The reason stands out like a sore thumb for me - Everyone wants success, yesterday! Tell me if you were him you'd feel comfortable drafting young blokes that might be up to it, rather than giving another club that responsibility whilst taking their ready made guns? (Kerr might show you guys more than he's shown me, and if we get your picks I hope he does..)

He wants the quick fix because he's under so much pressure from all comers, the media, the board, you guys, it's un-relenting!

If everyone left him alone to do his job, I doubt he'd feel the need to go and trade for players. That's just me though.

how can you see logic in sacking Wallace? How can you sit there and say he has no right to the last year of his contract and he needs to be sent home right away?
I haven't advocated Wallace getting the sack, just that I would prefer a coach who is more interested in developing the list further than what it currently is. I was a Wallace fan until the trade period last year which showed that a proper list management system was not in place (previous evidence I gave the benefit of the doubt e.g. 3 ND picks in 2005 and Kingsley/P.Bowden). Trading pick 19 for McMahon and now coming out and saying we are ready to push (and trade for more players) shows me that Wallace is overrating the list.

This mentality will only bring us further pain because the list is far from challenging in my opinion and we need do much much more if we are ever going to be a genuine premiership threat. Now if Wallace is prepared to allow our list management team to do their job and him his job he can stay. Otherwise we need to bring in someone who share the philosophy of further developing the list.

terry has done a great job i cannot fault him in his list management the list hasnt looked better now then is has since i can remember

but will terry coach us to a premiership

NO i doubt it

i would like to see terry stay his term maybe a couple yrs longer because i think he deserves it and the club would only benifit from 7 years under wallace

but as i said i doubt he will coach us to a flag and i think he should be replaced just not yet

Re: I Have A Conspiracy Theory

No. When I look at the list I see 18-20 players who need to be moved on.

when are people going to realise you are not going to have 42 cotchins or foleys or richos on a afl list? i agree our list has holes but i think the job wallace and co have done to this point has been very solid. they started with nothing. they have made mistakes but thats life. the mistakes have been minimal and since francis jackson has come in i am confident our drafting is in solid hands. lets just keep terry out of the trade period, keep flooding the list with young talent and be patient.

I'm going to post this here, because if I post it on the main board, it'll get torn to shreds, which i can handle and argue, but it will be falling on deaf ears and frankly I can't be bothered.
Fact is that we have a list that only a Rance away from having a terrific back half. Deledio, Foley and Cotchin in the middle.
We are one ruckman and a gun key forward away from being a very, very good side.
If Wallace does resign tomorrow and the club hasn't already had a handshake deal from another coach, there will be a long line of ready and willing participants to take over the reigns.
Don't believe what you will hear from your mates if Wallace gets the sarse tomorrow. We are an enticing prospect. And the ironic thing is, Wallace has laid the groundwork.

More likely that any new coach will come in and want to do things his way. We all thought we had a decent list in 95 and Walls wanted them to play a different style of footy and look how well that worked out.

There's no guarantees mate.

Re: Keep terry,get cousins!!ps richmond board wake up!!

do I really have to explain why Cousins is a no go?

AGAIN

Now if the class all want to pay attention for the last ****ing time......

Cousins this year -clean, fit, no trouble, looking to play AFL footy.....also 30 years old

Cousins was an addict at WC because he had lots of money, a stupid "im invincible" attitude and fame.
Now let me just dangle a guess at why he isn't snorting up a storm this year....maybe it's because it's sort of hard to pay for a coke addiction without the large salary. So yes let's bring him to Punt Rd and put him in the same environmental factors (huge disposable income, fame etc) that caused him to blow up out west.

Oh but even if he does stay clean and all that, thats okay...because he's only 30..well 31 in june.

mate how would you have any idea how and why cousins got on drugs in the first place. saying it was because he had lots of money is just stupid. its fine to voice your opinion but dont state it as though you actually know

when are people going to realise you are not going to have 42 cotchins or foleys or richos on a afl list? i agree our list has holes but i think the job wallace and co have done to this point has been very solid. they started with nothing. they have made mistakes but thats life. the mistakes have been minimal and since francis jackson has come in i am confident our drafting is in solid hands. lets just keep terry out of the trade period, keep flooding the list with young talent and be patient.
Excuse me but did you hear Wallace's comments post-match last week? Did you forget we traded a top 20 pick for McMahon, a player that didn't fix any list deficiencies and himself is full of them? It seems Wallace is more concerned with short term gains then long term list management.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Percieved Board / Coaching situation - Post Here no more individual threads

Remove this Banner Ad

Back