Food, Drink & Dining Out The Perth Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Part 4 is here:

Premier is likely to move WA to phase 5 restrictions in the next few minutes.

Only change will be no more 2 square meter rule and no capacity limits in major venues.

not happening because of the NZ and these cargo boats - is that right?

Ah yeah. I don't think anyone really gives a sh*t about moving from phase 4 to phase 5.

It's the removal of the hard border which has people interested. No update on that yet, I imagine.

While it's still at stage 4 and not 5, it is a bit of a distraction for the locals. Once you're at 5 all that's left is 6 and that's full open borders.

The delay from 4 to 5 is a nice buffer for him. Once 5 comes in the only thing left for everyone to switch their focus to is 6 and then he'll really cop the heat from internal sources and not just mainly external.

I read that no money was allocated towards public housing in the state budget. If true than whether it's evil Basil or hero Mark there is little empathy for the homeless.

Hmmm, wouldn't people who say that McGowan is keeping the border closed to help him with the election have to then acknowledge the policy is popular?

Otherwise, how is it helping him with the election?

If it is popular though, wouldn't you want him doing it? Like, isn't he meant to do what his constituents want?

A lot of people - often not from WA - are telling us that we're the ones in the wrong, though.

Ok.

I have a Greens fanatic on FB sharing this claim from one of his favourite MPs so someone may have been misled.

Although the money spent may need to increase with tougher economic times to come. View attachment 989816
A few more pages from the infrastructure program for public housing. Hundreds of millions BA0F3478-F207-465B-B3BC-2258AB21539F.png 0358774E-4821-4835-ABEC-FB0171A34BCA.png

I might have to be very careful of Greens politicians. They seem to be a little lazy over here at state level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok.

I have a Greens fanatic on FB sharing this claim from one of his favourite MPs so someone may have been misled.

Although the money spent may need to increase with tougher economic times to come. View attachment 989816
The Greens lying like any political party do? IM SHOCKED!

You will never lose votes by preaching parochialism to sandgropers

Unless it's found to be unconstitutional or unlawful, isn't McGowan's border closure reflecting the legitimate will of the people?

The one time our politicians actually listen to the people and they get slated. Go figure.

Rank populism should never be applauded

Who are we to decide?

Like I said - if it's held to be unconstitutional or unlawful by a court of law then sure it should be dismantled, but until that point he is reflecting the will of the people. We complain when State politicians bend over for big business and the Federal government, but now we complain when this one is refusing to bend over and instead listens to the people?

I might find Donald Trump distasteful but he was legitimately chosen by the mechanism that decides US presidential elections and he is acting according to the mandate of the people that put him there - until it becomes unconstitutional or unlawful. That's democracy for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back