Food, Drink & Dining Out The Perth Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Part 4 is here:

I know the bushfires are a big deal but surely flooding up north warrants a mention as well?

pbl9khmknkf61.jpg

In Carnarvon and all I can say is thank f*ck for the levee banks otherwise the whole town would be under
FB_IMG_1612585680908.jpg

Now that lockdown is over and I'm heading out tonight for non-essential purposes, I want to make the following observations:

- From my real life experience (supermarkets, grabbing lunch, exercise) and what I've been seeing here and on Reddit and FB, everyone has been compliant - I mean sure there are contrarian shits out there that you see on the news but overall the vast, vast majority have been doing the right thing by distancing, wearing masks, minimising non-essential travel and gatherings etc - even kids under 12 who didn't need to wear masks did so anyway
- Combined with that, everyone I met has been polite and respectful and I got the sense everyone was coming together for the common good - masks suck but together we can deal with this minor inconvenience for the good of WA - everyone of all ages and ethnicities without fail were just being nice about it
- Overall I think we handled this far better than the first wave - the panic buying was less this time even if that Sunday was messy, less griping about restrictions and I think it's because people have seen what happens when it gets out of control - sure, a second complete lockdown would be less popular but I have faith that West Australians will pull through once more if required

Now that lockdown is over and I'm heading out tonight for non-essential purposes, I want to make the following observations:

- From my real life experience (supermarkets, grabbing lunch, exercise) and what I've been seeing here and on Reddit and FB, everyone has been compliant - I mean sure there are contrarian shits out there that you see on the news but overall the vast, vast majority have been doing the right thing by distancing, wearing masks, minimising non-essential travel and gatherings etc - even kids under 12 who didn't need to wear masks did so anyway
- Combined with that, everyone I met has been polite and respectful and I got the sense everyone was coming together for the common good - masks suck but together we can deal with this minor inconvenience for the good of WA - everyone of all ages and ethnicities without fail were just being nice about it
- Overall I think we handled this far better than the first wave - the panic buying was less this time even if that Sunday was messy, less griping about restrictions and I think it's because people have seen what happens when it gets out of control - sure, a second complete lockdown would be less popular but I have faith that West Australians will pull through once more if required

I’d prefer a free society where scared people can take their own precautions and sane people can continue living life.
It's pollical and the sheepies are compliant.

1612592537520.png

Grey overcast skies here but haven't seen much rain, hopefully we get some decent rain later on this evening, would help with the bushfires.

BOM on my phone is saying 20-40mm tomorrow but whether we get that and how much goes where the fire is will be another story.

The climate change 'gotcha' brigade are pretty painful in bushfire season.

When there's a bad fire, they are quick to say 'well climate change'. FFS people are losing their homes, can you at least wait a few weeks? No one who is packing up the car believing they might never see the house again wants to hear it. It's like saying 'should've maintained a better firebreak' etc. at that time.

The long term average for Jan and Feb is about 10 and 12mm respectively, so if we get 20 or 40mm today or tomorrow is that climate change or just weather?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The climate change 'gotcha' brigade are pretty painful in bushfire season.

When there's a bad fire, they are quick to say 'well climate change'. FFS people are losing their homes, can you at least wait a few weeks? No one who is packing up the car believing they might never see the house again wants to hear it. It's like saying 'should've maintained a better firebreak' etc. at that time.

The long term average for Jan and Feb is about 10 and 12mm respectively, so if we get 20 or 40mm today or tomorrow is that climate change or just weather?
According to BF's biggest piece of shit poster people 'need' to die in bush fires so the government will act on climate change.

Yallingup about to get taken out by a fire now as well ☹️

I’d prefer a free society where scared people can take their own precautions and sane people can continue living life.
It's pollical and the sheepies are compliant.

View attachment 1052639

you are exempt from wearing a mask if you are eating or drinking. So just carry a beer around, where ever you go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back