The Perth Thread - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

I've never met a uni student that lives in Kardinya other than one that still lives at home. It's not Karawara/Vic Park or Nedlands but it makes sense there would be students living there.

As to why you would live there you could say the same about most Perth suburbs. It has its pros and cons, but most importantly it is riff raff friendly. I have friends there and they have a family home on a big block (8-900 sqm). The same property in Melville, Booragoon, Bateman would be $1m+.
Thanks Scotland Alarm.

Is there a reason it gets a bad rap given that North Lake, Willagee and Coolbellup are neighbouring suburbs and don’t appear to have the same negative connotations around them

Is there a reason it gets a bad rap given that North Lake, Willagee and Coolbellup are neighbouring suburbs and don’t appear to have the same negative connotations around them
genuinely don't know, as someone who lives nearby I prefer Kardinya to Coolbellup/Willagee etc

I've never met a uni student that lives in Kardinya other than one that still lives at home. It's not Karawara/Vic Park or Nedlands but it makes sense there would be students living there.

I lived in Kardinya when I was a Murdoch student back in the day.

And there's pretty big student accommodation centres on-campus.

Kardinya is disadvantaged by much of it being an industrial area. I worked there for several years and it didn't bother me but of course I wasn't actually living there...

Dunno where you have been but Coolbellup cops a lot of flak.
Coolbellup has a far worse rep than Kardinya, or at least it used to when I lived in the area.

Dunno where you have been but Coolbellup cops a lot of flak.

wasn't aware - suppose it’s dependent on where you hang out, what you read and the social media you’re connected to

I was only basing it on what has been posted here but I presume a lot of that is also related to the postings of SA

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The kebab place in kardy shops makes the best kebab in the state imo.
I get them from Mosman Park or Floreat when I'm up staying in Perth.

Always loved my kebabs, can sort of get a 'kebab' at home now at the cinema but they don't use proper Lebanese bread so it's more of a wrap.

wasn't aware - suppose it’s dependent on where you hang out, what you read and the social media you’re connected to

I was only basing it on what has been posted here but I presume a lot of that is also related to the postings of SA
Have you been there??? I've only popped in for a few footy games years ago and it seemed seedy as hell. In saying that we once stayed back at their club after the game and found out they were some of the friendliest blokes to have beers with afterwards.

Best kebabs in Perth are Medya in Inglewood.
Definitely up there.

Been years since I have been but the fact that they used shredded cheddar cheese instead of plastic slices as well as red onion put them above the others.

Ariks in South Perth has great meat and Gul-Dogan in Winthrop had great bread.

Cosmos Kebabs on Oxford street Leedo the best for mine having not tried every other kebab in Perth.

Had many a kebab there and no complaints, it was a ritual stop off after a night out at the Leedy Hotel and the Hip-E Club.

Sometimes I was too wasted to even place my order and they were like so you just want the usual mate and I was like "yeah double meat garlic".

Remove this Banner Ad

The Perth Thread - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Back