The Perth Thread - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

I always wonder how many people who play in the streets when it's flooded end up sick.
Yes, because once the sewerage system is breached… I heard that during the recent Brisbane floods a woman rang the SES to report sewage floating into her house and was told it was from her own system. It’s not just water in those floods - sewage, dead creatures, all the shit that was on the ground before, poisonous substances lying around. Floodwaters gather it all up and should be kept out of at all costs.

Is COVID still a thing? Does anyone still care about that?
Its a flipping pain in the arse thing.

My footy club is being decimated. No not WCE

Currently in ISO with 2 teens and a 7 yr old

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What is causing the huge labour shortage?

Australia said to backpackers, students and non citizens that we weren’t going to support them with benefits and healthcare assistance through the pandemic and they should just **** off home and they did

You reap what you sow

Australia said to backpackers, students and non citizens that we weren’t going to support them with benefits and healthcare assistance through the pandemic and they should just fu** off home and they did

You reap what you sow
Were all of the above that prominent in the retail, trades and transport sector? (to name a few)

Were all of the above that prominent in the retail, trades and transport sector? (to name a few)
I do know a hell of a lot of the Irish population headed home - lots of tradies and nursing staff there.

Closed borders were another factor - the longer it went, the more that went back to place of origin. They might start heading back now that things are picking up

I also think insecure jobs don’t help - using labor hire companies, no permanency for nurses, casual retail and hospitality shifts, wage stagnation. There’s no security and you can’t plan without that, so I presume they move into other sectors or just don’t bother

I know of a few skilled workers going back to the UK & Ireland due to the border uncertainty. 6, 12, 18 months not being able to see family when you are accustomed to regular international travel affects people differently.

It's been a weird time. I know a lot more people than usual that are changing jobs and they are just Perth locals so it's got nothing to do with the state or international border.

I reckon the second hand market for cars, caravans, camper trailers, bikes etc. is going to explode at some stage once people fall back in love with Bali and Thailand and new stock arrives.

I reckon about 90% of the Irish tradesmen I've encountered were useless, good riddance.

MV5BMDkwYjk2ZjktMjIyNy00Y2E4LThmMmQtNGE2OTdkYTg3MDY4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzQ2OTM5OA@@._V1_.jpg

Yes, because once the sewerage system is breached… I heard that during the recent Brisbane floods a woman rang the SES to report sewage floating into her house and was told it was from her own system. It’s not just water in those floods - sewage, dead creatures, all the shit that was on the ground before, poisonous substances lying around. Floodwaters gather it all up and should be kept out of at all costs.

My wife grew up in Jakarta where it floods just about every year. As she would step out of bed, which was on bricks, she would step into the flood water. Instead of "OMG a flood" she would think "yipee, a swimming pool in my bedroom".

I'm not sure what to take out of that but I guess there is a silver lining in everything

Remove this Banner Ad

The Perth Thread - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Back