The Perth Thread - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Imagine if Harley Reid went to a new US burger joint.

5E440B2385C1959F74AF5E719BE2E589D97ACF72

I'm living quite near to where that happened and I had no idea that was all going down, I didn't hear any police or ambo sirens.

Not the sort of thing you expect to happen in Floreat.

I had a feeling it was a domestic dispute though when they said there was no danger to the public and not a gunman on the loose.

I'm living quite near to where that happened and I had no idea that was all going down, I didn't hear any police or ambo sirens.

Not the sort of thing you expect to happen in Floreat.

I had a feeling it was a domestic dispute though when they said there was no danger to the public and not a gunman on the loose.
To be fair, Floreat Forum does have gun turrets

1716600600496.png

Per ABC:

WA Police said a man aged in his 60s visited a home on Berkeley Crescent in Floreat, where a woman in her 50s and a young woman in her late teens were present, at about 4:30pm on Friday.

The man, who police say was known to the older woman through a "mutual contact", shot her dead and critically injured the younger woman, before taking his own life.

And the third person who I presume is one of the daughters has also died. You can’t even begin to imagine how the surviving family member Is coping right now

I will never understand this level of violence

That whole area is still cordoned off with a heap of police there along with some tv camera crews.

Thankfully we live far enough away from it that it doesn't affect us too much, it would suck if you lived in that cordoned off area.

Gets weirder

Not DV related
The man is the ex husband of a friend
Came to the house looking for his ex, doesn’t find her and instead chooses to shoot her and daughter

Again man “known” to police - wtf does that even mean. Did he have a VRO against him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In Bali so ****ing hose away.

Hope you were delayed by the Perth Airport fuel problem you campaigner.

Also a nice segue into how on earth this happens in a first world airport. Someone feel free to enlighten me on whether this has happened at other airports in developed countries and most importantly whether there were no contingencies in place to minimise delays and cancellations as a result.

Sorry to disappoint you. Left early, landed early. Completely hassle free.

Not sure what the abuse is for. Enjoy your shit weather. 🖕🙂🖕

Having a good time in Bali while I had to stay in Perth and also because you support Essendon isn't that the natural thing to do?

jk hope you had a grand time.

another seige tonight - was it always like this?
Alas yes (or in the last 7 years at least). However, the media seems to be making a conscious effort to report these incidents now.
I guess women(and even men) are stuck with violent partners because there's nowhere else to go
So dependent on circumstance.
Another big reason is waiting for the window of opportunity to get away. Even then, it often takes a few goes to do that successfully. Coercive control is difficult to extricate yourself from.

Alas yes (or in the last 7 years at least). However, the media seems to be making a conscious effort to report these incidents now.

So dependent on circumstance.
Another big reason is waiting for the window of opportunity to get away. Even then, it often takes a few goes to do that successfully. Coercive control is difficult to extricate yourself from.
I know - I have a loved one who was in a coercive situation, but he is male. So many people said, "why didn't he just leave her?" and I feel guilty for not seeing just how bad it was. I don't think I could have convinced him to leave anyway. It involved physical and emotional abuse, but being a male (a) he was too embarrassed to admit he was in that situation and (b) I guess men have a physical uperhand in most cases.

You can throw as much money and education at these issues, but unless there's adequate safe havens for victims, then it's just going to continue.

A mate of mine was in an abusive relationship for years but from the outside none of us knew how bad it was until he was able to finally get out. He has been shot of her for a good 5+ years now and is still going to therapy for issues stemming from that time.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Perth Thread - Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Back