The Perth Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The bear that rides his bike along Charles Street / Wanneroo road.
He has now gone from looking like he had a black shirt on to wearing a grey one - I wish he would just wear a shirt full stop - it's so confronting

The bear that rides his bike along Charles Street / Wanneroo road.
He has now gone from looking like he had a black shirt on to wearing a grey one - I wish he would just wear a shirt full stop - it's so confronting
just be careful not to knock him off his bike... unless you want to get close and personal with that grey rug of his ;)

Well I just found out my dog has a cancerous tumour so hopefully the storms are the least of her worries
Hard news to take. Woke up by the thunder, immediately thought 'where's the dog?' Took me a couple of seconds to remember had to have him put to sleep in September. His ashes sitting on my bed head now. This morning read the facebook story about the girl and the dog bucket list journey she did with her dog. Had a bit of a cry. Give him/her as many hugs and schmackos as possible.

Hard news to take. Woke up by the thunder, immediately thought 'where's the dog?' Took me a couple of seconds to remember had to have him put to sleep in September. His ashes sitting on my bed head now. This morning read the facebook story about the girl and the dog bucket list journey she did with her dog. Had a bit of a cry. Give him/her as many hugs and schmackos as possible.
When they die, our pets leave a huge hole in our lives. It seems to take forever before we stop looking for them doing the things they always did, before we stop reaching for the biscuits at dinner time, before we put our hand out to pat them... and they're not there.
*hugs* to all of you who are missing your beloved pets.

:( Well, that's pretty shit!
Just came on here to say how it's blowing a gale here atm. Well, not actually a gale but it's 40kph winds and gusting up to 50kph. Had no idea they were doing it tough out there. Hope everyone is OK. It must be bloody frightening for them all.

and what about the fire next to the freeway last night. Accidental? What's the bet it was some f-wit tossing a half-smoked ciggie out their car window or off their bike?

My son said he'd been reading a few posts on facebook where people are up in arms about not being able to use machinery like angle grinders on a Total Fire Ban day (fines up to $25000) but people are allowed to smoke cigarettes outside (fine of $500 for tossing one out of the car)....
Pfft!!

Increase the litter fine to 10,000- but you've got to catch them first. I saw a bloke toss a half-smoked cig butt out of his car window a few years ago in summer- think it was not long after the fires out at Thornlie. He had a Qld number plate. The winds were strong, it was about 40ºC and, as usual, we hadn't had any rain since before the end of spring....

Maybe we shouldn't think of burning these people at the stake (at risk of people thinking we are from the Middle Ages)- maybe we could just chop off one hand. They'll find it difficult to throw anything after a second offence ;)

:( Well, that's pretty shit!
Just came on here to say how it's blowing a gale here atm. Well, not actually a gale but it's 40kph winds and gusting up to 50kph. Had no idea they were doing it tough out there. Hope everyone is OK. It must be bloody frightening for them all.

and what about the fire next to the freeway last night. Accidental? What's the bet it was some f-wit tossing a half-smoked ciggie out their car window or off their bike?

My son said he'd been reading a few posts on facebook where people are up in arms about not being able to use machinery like angle grinders on a Total Fire Ban day (fines up to $25000) but people are allowed to smoke cigarettes outside (fine of $500 for tossing one out of the car)....
Pfft!!

Increase the litter fine to 10,000- but you've got to catch them first. I saw a bloke toss a half-smoked cig butt out of his car window a few years ago in summer- think it was not long after the fires out at Thornlie. He had a Qld number plate. The winds were strong, it was about 40ºC and, as usual, we hadn't had any rain since before the end of spring....

Maybe we shouldn't think of burning these people at the stake (at risk of people thinking we are from the Middle Ages)- maybe we could just chop off one hand. They'll find it difficult to throw anything after a second offence ;)
I don't understand how people flippantly toss ciggies out of their cars, especially considering the conditions at the moment. Total ignorance. Cars still come with ash trays, don't they ?

I don't understand how people flippantly toss ciggies out of their cars, especially considering the conditions at the moment. Total ignorance. Cars still come with ash trays, don't they ?
I'm not sure- I thought they were on the way out and new models don't have them. I don't think my car has one and it's 5 years old.
I see people driving along, smoking, quite often- with their hand hanging out the window, tossing the ash out (though that's probably not going to be a problem). Maybe that's why? (i.e. no ash tray)

I'm not sure- I thought they were on the way out and new models don't have them. I don't think my car has one and it's 5 years old.
I see people driving along, smoking, quite often- with their hand hanging out the window, tossing the ash out (though that's probably not going to be a problem). Maybe that's why? (i.e. no ash tray)
No. I'd go with laziness and ignorance.

If you want to smoke in your car and it doesn't have an ashtray, how hard would it be to use something else ie: a bottle or container.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My cars an 06 model and didn't come with one still no excuse for flicking them out of the car.

Are you from out that way? Hope you're well, if so.

Spent the night in the car with three dogs. We didn't evacuate to Harvey though, went to Hamel. That easterly wind was shocking, blew the fire from the outskirts right into town. Fire got within three streets of our house. It's settled now, but yeah, another strong wind tonight would make it interesting. Those firefighters are ridiculous - could have been a lot worse without them.

Spent the night in the car with three dogs. We didn't evacuate to Harvey though, went to Hamel. That easterly wind was shocking, blew the fire from the outskirts right into town. Fire got within three streets of our house. It's settled now, but yeah, another strong wind tonight would make it interesting. Those firefighters are ridiculous - could have been a lot worse without them.
Will be thinking of you all tonight. Hope the fireys manage to keep it away from town. I saw the helicopters fly off early this morning- those guys won't get much rest- nor will the spotter planes or water planes.
Fingers crossed that the wind behaves itself, though it's due for another blow tonight, I hear. :(
Stay safe.

Our A grade cricket side was due to play at waroona today. Heard it been called off this morning and been wondering how things are going there.

Coached a lot of my sons junior footy games at that oval. Hope everyone is doing ok..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back