The Philadelphia Experiment - Maxey Better Sadly

Remove this Banner Ad

People just want to keep looking for reason for the Sixers to fail, blah blah Simmons can't shoot, not a leader, didn't win in college, blah blah Joel injuries, blah blah blah Markelles weird form, what a bust e.t.c. They have to get them in while they can, before we blow right by most of the teams in front of us.
To be fair its really just one person on that board.

If ben simmons can't develop a serviceable jumper considering he is currently knocking down statue of liberty teardrop floaters, I'd be very surprised.

To be fair its really just one person on that board.

If ben simmons can't develop a serviceable jumper considering he is currently knocking down statue of liberty teardrop floaters, I'd be very surprised.
I get that he may need a jumper as he ages and loses athleticism.. but this kid is only 21 and can score at will in the paint.. crazy to me people want him to attempt 3s right now.. Let the kid just beast inside and he will work on his game every offseason..

I guess In today's NBA too many people are worried about 3PT % and attempts instead of watching what is working..

He can become a volume FT shooter and him and Embiid can put teams in the penalty early and often..

I'd argue that developing an outside shot should be the absolute least of his priorities right now.

For the next 8-10 years he will be scoring at will on high-percentage plays in the paint and subsequently going to the line. What's the point of attempting 30-40% 3PT plays? Would be silly.

Loving his game.

I get that he may need a jumper as he ages and loses athleticism.. but this kid is only 21 and can score at will in the paint.. crazy to me people want him to attempt 3s right now.. Let the kid just beast inside and he will work on his game every offseason..

I guess In today's NBA too many people are worried about 3PT % and attempts instead of watching what is working..

He can become a volume FT shooter and him and Embiid can put teams in the penalty early and often..
Not so much threes but having that 15+ footer would open up the court for him immensely and make him even more dangerous.

Also allows him to take the wheel during late game situations where he wont get that running head start to the rim and the refs swallow the whistle.

Free throws need to be his priority. Haven't seen all of Philly's games but yesterday against Atlanta saw for the first time at least one instance of ''hack a Ben''. Don't want this to become a trend.

I agree we should move okafor, there is no value in retaining him right now and should look after the player..

However I think that the reason for the holdup could be waiting on a Cov extension which is due mid November.. Once we have extended Cov and know the dollar amount it gives us a clear idea of our cap situation moving forward..

I also think that in a Okafor trade or buyout we need to get a C on an expiring deal.. Doesn't have to be anyone great and wouldn't want to give up anything more than Jah but we need a warm body that can play C and not affect our cap situation moving forward.. We cannot play Dario at centre it is just too porous defensively.

Embiid/Holmes/Amir is 1 guy too short.. especially with embiid injury history and missing B2B's.. We need a 1 year stop gap until we bring Jonah Bolden over next year and can roll with Embiid/Holmes/Bolden..

I haven't looked around the league at who this centre is and it could be someone on the buyout market also..

I'd be surprised if they haven't already agreed to the extension in principle and Cov isn't amongst the first to sign an extension when it opens.

Not fussed over getting a center back in a trade either. Get what you're saying, but a cursory glance at the expiring's shows that it’s slim, and would probably cost us more than it’s worth. I’d take a flyer on Len but he’d likely void any trade so he doesn’t lose his bird rights.

Not getting a body resembling anything close to a replacement player if Embiid goes down, and if we lose him towards the pointy end of the season, I’d rather miss the playoffs altogether.

Better off just looking at the available free agents or someone who stands out in the G-League. Hell, maybe even Emeka if he shows something.

Not so much threes but having that 15+ footer would open up the court for him immensely and make him even more dangerous.

Also allows him to take the wheel during late game situations where he wont get that running head start to the rim and the refs swallow the whistle.

Talking about a guy that’s currently playing at an all-star caliber rate, developing a jumper to reach some greater next-level shit, after he’s played a grand total of 8 games.

If you don’t get why that’s some tedious shit right there, wait till you start hearing if Hayward will ever be the same player again.

We all knew about his jumper going in, so all that’s happening here is fixating on a point that has years to play out.

He’ll absolutely have to develop a mid-ranger jumper, and he’ll have to start taking the occasional three, Brett has already said as much, it’s just not going to happen tomorrow.

The template is Giannis, and that didn’t start to come until last season.

Talking about a guy that’s currently playing at an all-star caliber rate, developing a jumper to reach some greater next-level shit, after he’s played a grand total of 8 games.

If you don’t get why that’s some tedious shit right there, wait till you start hearing if Hayward will ever be the same player again.

We all knew about his jumper going in, so all that’s happening here is fixating on a point that has years to play out.

He’ll absolutely have to develop a mid-ranger jumper, and he’ll have to start taking the occasional three, Brett has already said as much, it’s just not going to happen tomorrow.

I'm confident he'll eventually have a solid jump shot. His form isn't broken.

He's the most exciting Australian basketball prospect ever. Be prepared for people on an Australian forum to want to discuss how he plays, 10 games or 100 or 1000, instead of immediately becoming defensive about it.

I could care less if people discuss their views on Hayward or tatum or Irving apparently not being able to defend or whatever.

I was making the point that one person that you and others have a vendetta against shouldn't represent anyone that discusses simmons on the main board.

He's the most exciting Australian basketball prospect ever. Be prepared for people on an Australian forum to want to discuss how he plays, 10 games or 100 or 1000, instead of immediately becoming defensive about it.

I could care less if people discuss their views on Hayward or tatum or Irving apparently not being able to defend or whatever.

I was making the point that one person that you and others have a vendetta against shouldn't represent anyone that discusses simmons on the main board.

You mean the half dozen threads dedicated to him rn is only just the beginning? No way :eek:

And seeing as the vast majority of the reaction to him here is literally people wanting to support the Sixers, there's not a helluva lot to get defensive about.

If your issue is lumping all Boston fans in the same boat as Gus (and calling that a vendetta is uhh something), then either don't bother reacting to petty shit on the main board, or lean the **** into it (and be prepared for Sixers fans to clap back).

(And just generally, the Celtics/Sixers stuff has been passively-aggressively brewing for a while now. It's the kind of shit-talking I love getting on my Cs supporting mates with (and vice-versa) and the Fultz trade just added a shitload of fuel to it)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got myself a good stream, is the home/away thing normal? Do they have coverage that suits/focuses on each team?

Sorry for the Noob question..
Yes, each team has their own dedicated announce team, 30 teams at 82 games a piece is way too much for the national t.v guys to cover. Phillys local crew it pretty good.

Yes, each team has their own dedicated announce team, 30 teams at 82 games a piece is way too much for the national t.v guys to cover. Phillys local crew it pretty good.
I've clearly lived a sheltered life as an AFL fan

But of course that makes complete sense

Cheers for the replies guys

Wow. 4 win streak and 5-1 in last 6.

The crazy part is Jojo played like hot garbage too(as well as the minute restrictions). I think he's had 3-4 missed dunks when trying to do flashy drunks in just the last 2 games. The late game 1 tonight could have cost us the game too. He's really gotta learn to keep his ego and emotions in check. Eg, that flagrant tonight was just stupid. He let the frustrations of his constant turnovers get to him.

To think we still have the upside of getting Fultz(UW version) back, removing Jojo's minute restrictions and cutting down on his turnovers, as well as Ben's constant improvement (less than 10 games of XP playing PG for the first time in his life).

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

The Philadelphia Experiment - Maxey Better Sadly

Remove this Banner Ad

Back