The Philadelphia Experiment - Maxey Better Sadly

Remove this Banner Ad

Okay sorry for being annoyed that a lead went from 27 down to 10 mate.
How many of the incredulous 'can't believe they got off to a slow start', 'can't believe that a bench unit gave up a lead', 'why can't Covington/(and/or everyone bar Ben) hit a shot' do you need before you realise these instant hot takes are dumb when the team/players have been answering them consistently all year and generally within the very game your posting them in.

All you're doing is scoreboard watching, and that's a lazy trait to have when its void of, at the very least, nuance but more significantly context.

The bench has worked well off late because each of those players have their strengths when put next to Embiid, Simmons, Covington. But in how many more instances do you imagine there to be a lineup of Holmes - Ersan - Anderson - Korkmaz - McConnell where you can legitimately ask (and need) them to 'be better'?

538 officially projects us for 50 wins!!!

The Cavs game will likely decide the 3 seed I think.. unless the cavs win out..

Will be a great playoff tester for everyone as that will be a huge game at home against the likely favourite out east

Still touted at 49, but are now favourite for all games. [Evergreen Hinkie statement about growth not being linear]

Best line I saw today, among all the 3-man lineups that have played 800 mins, Sixers have 10 of the league's best 15.

bOHWnuO.png

Makes you in awe of Embiid even more, but also gives a bit more context on why the bench simply can't keep up to starters that are best in league (+ 5-man starters NetRtg per 100 is just insane)

Fultz changes that bench equation, if right, quite a bit. Latest news says that it's up to him, gonna be real interesting to see how that plays out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love this team!! Everyone got around Markelle and our coach has had his back and is looking out for him.. The press conference gave me goosebumps, he has worked with this kid and built his confidence up to this point..

Embiid is just ridiculous that defensive possession which led to a millsap shot violation was one of a kind.. about 3 hedges to perfection..

Simmons is starting to get nasty with some of his transition passes.. to be that tall, that skilled fundamentally and have that sort of vision is unfair..

I love this team!! Everyone got around Markelle and our coach has had his back and is looking out for him.. The press conference gave me goosebumps, he has worked with this kid and built his confidence up to this point..

Embiid is just ridiculous that defensive possession which led to a millsap shot violation was one of a kind.. about 3 hedges to perfection..

Simmons is starting to get nasty with some of his transition passes.. to be that tall, that skilled fundamentally and have that sort of vision is unfair..
Yeah, it's a pretty ridiculous sequence from him.

I dont even know how to describe that game, it wasnt our best in over the last few years but it's gotta be one of my favourites. Just seeing the whole crowd get around Fultz was incredible. He played very well, not incredible. But he deserves the praise after whatever he went through.

I really like when JoJo wipes the floor with contemporaries in his position that people have been touting are and will be better so him stomping Towns and Jokic in consecutive games is pretty sweet.
A lot of satisfaction to be had by just generally outperforming the Wolves (and lesser extent Denver). A team that closely mirrored our own development but got none of the same scrutiny because they landed no.1 picks.

Put that game on tap, anytime you want to get high off Sixers basketball.

Great work Miami.
Dubs just too undermanned but put up a good fight.
Pacers still have GSW again, Toronto, and a couple on the edge of playoffs in the West so still a challenging schedule.

Tiebreakers:
Cavs and Pacers - one of them will win the division, which would be tiebreaker over us if tied W-L.
Cavs/76ers season record : 2-1 Cavs with upcoming game to come. Then would come down to division record (Cavs 11-5, 76ers 7-7 hence can't catch them)
Pacers/76ers season record : 2-1 Pacers. So they have us there.

Hence, only way will be best W-L record, if we are tied with either/both we will fall behind Pacers or Cavs.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Philadelphia Experiment - Maxey Better Sadly

Remove this Banner Ad

Back