Competitions The Pieman 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

PIEMAN RESULTS Round 4 vs Richmond

Nice to be playing a side that didn't contain a WB defector. First time that's happened all season. 12 goals was easily our highest tally all season. Eight different goalkickers too but one of them was the sub so only seven were available to Pieman teams. No surprise then that there were no Chumps. I'm starting to think the idea of a 5 or 10 point jackpot every week might be a worthwhile add-on next year.

Rollovers and Substitutes
There were 11 rollover teams this week (or 12 if you count chez_ferret who declared "no change") and once again one of them won the Kelvin.
The order of substitutes was Ugle-Hagan, Lobb, Williams, Baker, Naughton
Only three Pieman subs were needed, all for Garcia, and they each got a different sub because you can't have a player as sub if he's already in your team:
  • Fossie 32 got Lobb (7)
  • Foxman98 got Ugle-Hagan (0)
  • Jeff 1975 got Williams (0)
The KELVIN

SayerTheCreator (128) has run with a set-and-forget strategy since round 1 (with Naughton coming in as sub for Darcy last week) and it paid off this week. He won the Kelvin narrowly from first season player Bulldog rick (124) and Bont2Bruce (119). ScragCity (111) broke his duck too and finished fourth. Scrag has also been rolling over his round 1 team - he got Macrae in as the 3x sub in Rd 2 and Macrae duly delivered yesterday.

There were 24 attempted Chumps (5x1s) but none of them got more than three goalkickers. Special mention to Boyd oh Boyd who selected correctly with his three highest handicap players but missed out with the supposedly easier ones, Anthony Scott and Arty Jones. Scott has been a big disappointment to his Pieman admirers. He has been selected 103 times in 4 rounds and has yet to kick a goal.

The median score this week was 59.5 and the average 56.51.

1681007668447.png

The PIEMAN
The big lead that cecil held has been cut to just 10 points by Bulldog rick. Brian Perrin - another newcomer this season - is in third place 44 points back.

1681008551850.png

Pieman Player of the Week
Libba is the PPotW with his two early goals.
The best possible score this week was 274 (including a 78 point Chump bonus) for anyone taking Libba, English, Macrae, Daniel and McComb.
The best possible score with a 3+2 was 248 (3x Libba and 2x English).
Note that Hannan kicked a goal but gets no points because he was the sub. You can't pick the sub in your Pieman team.

1681009410111.png

Pieman Player of the Year
It's close at the top. I like that because it means the handicaps are working as intended. There are only 22 points separating Libba (78) and Naughton in seventh place (56). Naughton has taken over as our leading goalkicker.

1681009443861.png

PIEMAN ROUND 5 v PORT ADELAIDE

Come gather round people where ever you roam ...

ROUND 5 TEAM

Port Adelaide v Western Bulldogs
Saturday 15 April, 7.20pm ACST (7.50pm AEST)
Adelaide Oval

B: Jason Johannisen, Liam Jones, Tim O’Brien
HB: Bailey Dale, Josh Bruce, Ed Richards
C: Oskar Baker, Marcus Bontempelli, Bailey Williams
HF: Mitch Hannan, Jamarra Ugle-Hagan, Cody Weightman
F: Arthur Jones, Aaron Naughton, Rory Lobb
R: Tim English, Tom Liberatore, Adam Treloar

Int: Taylor Duryea, Caleb Daniel, Jack Macrae, Anthony Scott

Emerg: Lachie McNeil, Toby McLean, Jordon Sweet, Buku Khamis

Pieman Handicaps Round 5

1681376299393.png

I've included the emergencies in case there's a late change before the first bounce.

Mitch Hannan
Jamarra Ugle-Hagan
Cody Weightman
Arthur Jones x 2

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jones x2
Baker x2
Daniel
dogwatch I've updated to this in case you recorded my previous post. Have gone hard on Artie the last two rounds, would be pinching myself if this was the week and I didn't go with him.

(Yes, I will sunk cost fallacy myself into the ground, thanks for asking)

dogwatch I've updated to this in case you recorded my previous post. Have gone hard on Artie the last two rounds, would be pinching myself if this was the week and I didn't go with him.

(Yes, I will sunk cost fallacy myself into the ground, thanks for asking)
Got that, thanks.

However I do want people to post a new selection if they change their mind, rather than edit their original.

It’s easier to process from my end. It’s also a clearer audit trail so it’s more fraud-resistant (though so far I think everyone plays it in the right spirit!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Competitions The Pieman 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back