Competitions The Pieman 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Bont needs to be dropped! With about five minutes to go he had Treloar all by himself about 40 meters out from goal and he kicks long to a contest. He kicks to Treloar, Treloar kicks a goal and I get my first chump of the season. 21 other pieman teams are also much happier. Thanks a lot Bont.

PIEMAN RD 23 RESULTS v North Melb

A CARRYOVER KELVIN

Back to the Dogs we know and love today! Just a shame we let North back into it in the final minutes to get the margin back under 100. I've been saying for a while that Darcy was going to have a breakout game soon. Sadly I didn't have the sticking power to keep picking him. :(

Carryover teams and Pieman subs
There were 15 carryover teams this week including the Kelvin winner and the Kelvin third place getter.
There were 16 Pieman subs applied in total and for a while it looked like all of them were going to come home empty-handed. Williams' late goal changed that slightly. A shame Bont hit the post early in the game too. The Pieman sub order was Bont, Williams, McNeil, Richards and Treloar.

Pieman subs applied were:
  • 54Bulldog16 - 1x Bont (0) for 1x Garcia
  • *Brian Perrin - 1x Bont (0) for 1x Macrae
  • Charlie Bucket - 1x McNeil for 1x English
  • *Fargy - 1x Bont (0) for 1x Macrae
  • Fossie 32 - 1x Williams (36) for 1x English
  • Foxman98 - 3x Bont (0) for 3x English
  • ScottyDogg - 3x Bont (0) for 3x English
  • Snarls Barkley - 1x Bont (0) for 1x English
  • TempletonTheRat - 1x Williams (36) for 1x English
  • TiAn_ - 3x Bont (0) for 3x Garcia
* Special note of condolence and explanation to Fargy and Brian Perrin:
They each picked Macrae who was in the selected 23 but there is a rule that says you can't have the WB sub in your Pieman team. It's just simpler and clearer that way. That's because 9 weeks out of 10 you get horribly short-changed if your pick is made the WB sub. Sometimes they don't even get any game time at all. On this occasion though Macrae came on in the third quarter and kicked 2 goals. He would have bagged them 86 points each if they could have kept him.​
Sorry fellas. One rule for all. :(

The KELVIN

This was another week where the carryover teams dominated the podium. The Kelvin went to carryover team StringyDog (181) with Bont2Bruce (154) second and another carryover team TempletonTheRat (147) finishing third. No surprise that all seven teams that had Darcy finished in the top 10. Bont2Bruce was the only one that had him twice.

Despite the 20 goals there were only 8 goalscorers (7 excluding Macrae) so perhaps no surprise that there were no Chumps. BoydOhBoyd, Floridog and StringyDog all got close with 4 goalscorers.

The average score was 75.26 and the median was 74.

1723963448292.png

The PIEMAN

The lead is unchanged with X_box_X extending his 14 point lead to 45 points. It didn't look so good until Williams kicked a late goal though. X_box's original (PM'd) pick was Richards, not Williams. He'd have been better off sticking with that. Second place belongs to chez_ferret and third is ossie_21 another 89 points adrift. But ossie is now only a single point clear of Bulldog rick who is challenging for a podium finish (maybe even to win the whole thing?) This week's Kelvin winner has moved up to fifth and is still in contention 210 points behind the leader. I guess it depends how many finals we'll play.

1723963468373.png

Pieman Player of the Week

No question who gets this. Sam Darcy's imperious 7 goals did the trick.

Best possible score was a 3x Darcy and and a 2x Richards (not that hard really, eh?) for 331 points.
Best possible Chump was 303 (217 base score and 86 pt bonus) for Darcy+Richards+Williams+Vandermeer+ [either Naughton or Weightman].

1723963493608.png

Pieman Player of the Year

And with that 7 goal haul we have yet a new player at the top of the leaderboard. Darcy leads by 11 over the Bont, another 2 pts back to Treloar and 19 more to Ugle-Hagan then another 15 to West. A good close comp!

Worth noting we now have FOUR players with over 30 goals this year. Good signs.

1723963516896.png

At the last moment I changed from Darcy to lobb. Damn. I am eyeing a podium finish dogwatch. Can feel the tension and sense the sweat dripping from the top three. Life is sweet. Going in hard next week.

Damn!

And here was me thinking Jacko was an inspired choice!!

Are you sure you can’t exercise game master discretion to just gross up his score to assume 100% TOG :)?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Do you realise how good you have to be to win The Pieman?

I wonder how bloody good you have to be to win two of them.

There ya go, lids well and truly off. 😂😂
Dangerous territory!

Do you realise how good you have to be to win The Pieman?
It’s true.

Nervous Bbc GIF by CBeebies HQ

PIEMAN RD 24 v GWS

Handicaps are going up early for Rd 24. It's a self-service arrangement this week as I'll be away ... but I'll be keeping an eye on things from afar.

I'm posting handicaps for the entire list (those who aren't injured). So when the teams are announced you'll just have to sift through a few more players to work out your team.

Results for Rd 24 won't be posted until around 5th September, just in time for the first week of finals. Hopefully we'll be in them and the quest for Pieman 2024 will still be on!

If any of the supposedly injured at the bottom of this list come good and get picked then the default handicap for them is 20. I doubt we'll have to worry about that eventuality.

Back in a coupla weeks...

1724084854548.png

PM Entries

You can still PM me your selection if you want to keep it secret.
As usual just make sure it gets to me before the start of the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

RandomDog:

A Jones
Duryea
Daniel
Vandermeer
Treloar

Any PM’s? If so, I might have to join them to keep up a little bit of excitement considering it could be the last Pieman of the year….

Remove this Banner Ad

Competitions The Pieman 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back