Official Club Stuff The President & the Board - Sayers to continue as Pres until end of 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

70 now Fitzy. I'd rather we looked at the more recently retired playing cohort with an interest in directorship. Otherwise we probably end up with another coach preaching contested footy like its still 2015.
Who recently retired from Carlton actually knows what a successful club is supposed to look like?

This is a bull**** thread.

Wreaks of opportunism and a stench much more putrid than how we are playing.

Baying for blood, hoping for losses so someone can rise politically.

Makes me want to vomit.
Uhh what. I don't see much baying for blood. I see rule abiding discussion on performance - which hasn't been good. Stuff like my own queries on how the poor review performance aligned with Lloyds performance etc. People have offered me good reasonings about the way the club handled Lloyd and cool.

I don't see anyone pushing a specific name for politic rise? Suggesting a name of someone you'd be interested in on our board isn't an outlandish thing. It's akin to saying - damn I'd like that Lachie Neale at Carlton.

We're allowed to discuss the not so sparkly football club atm.

Uhh what. I don't see much baying for blood. I see rule abiding discussion on performance - which hasn't been good. Stuff like my own queries on how the poor review performance aligned with Lloyds performance etc. People have offered me good reasonings about the way the club handled Lloyd and cool.

I don't see anyone pushing a specific name for politic rise? Suggesting a name of someone you'd be interested in on our board isn't an outlandish thing. It's akin to saying - damn I'd like that Lachie Neale at Carlton.

We're allowed to discuss the not so sparkly football club atm.
Mate you must be reading another thread.

There is an underlying torrent of crap flowing from people who have no other want than to destabilise the administration of this club.

This isn’t from knowing that our malaise is derived from an inadequate president, board or CEO.

It’s at best throwing darts blind … at worst taking the opportunity to drive the knife in when the team is playing poorly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mate you must be reading another thread.

There is an underlying torrent of crap flowing from people who have no other want than to destabilise the administration of this club.

This isn’t from knowing that our malaise is derived from an inadequate president, board or CEO.

It’s at best throwing darts blind … at worst taking the opportunity to drive the knife in when the team is playing poorly.

Do you know that for a fact? Or are you throwing your own darts.

If you dont like the discussion, dont post or engage in a thread specifically related to the President and Board as a topic.

Discussion is relevant to thread, and just like other carlton threads, some have specific knowledge or ITKs on this.

Some have direct experiences with previous and current directors that add context and insight.

While we are at it, board director Greg Williams and Brian Cook were in an animated 3qtr time discussion yesterday. Be interested to know what was in that... if any ITKs have any insight

Sent from my SM-N981B using Tapatalk

Do you know that for a fact? Or are you throwing your own darts.

If you dont like the discussion, dont post or engage in a thread specifically related to the President and Board as a topic.

Discussion is relevant to thread, and just like other carlton threads, some have specific knowledge or ITKs on this.

Some have direct experiences with previous and current directors that add context and insight.

While we are at it, board director Greg Williams and Brian Cook were in an animated 3qtr time discussion yesterday. Be interested to know what was in that... if any ITKs have any insight

You don't want to hear from people who have a different view than your own?

You don't want to hear from people who have a different view than your own?
Poster wrote...

"This is a b****sh*t thread"

Dont mind hearing opinions on the discussion being had in the thread, but that type of comment questions why poster would bother entering the thread? Let alone post in it...

Its their perogative of course, but slightly perplexing leading comment.

Poster wrote...

"This is a b****sh*t thread"

Dont mind hearing opinions on the discussion being had in the thread, but that type of comment questions why poster would bother entering the thread? Let alone post in it...

Its their perogative of course, but slightly perplexing leading comment.

Not really perplexing. There is a substantial amount of spin in here and other places as people try and make a case for personnel changes from top to bottom.

Not really perplexing. There is a substantial amount of spin in here and other places as people try and make a case for personnel changes from top to bottom.
Best thing to do is to identify the spin and put forward your argument. There is no point coming into a thread if it makes someone sick for example.

Best thing to do is to identify the spin and put forward your argument. There is no point coming into a thread if it makes someone sick for example.
Sure. But it's that poster's choice. Not for someone to claim "rights" to discuss whatever the topic and then tell someone not to post.

Sure. But it's that poster's choice. Not for someone to claim "rights" to discuss whatever the topic and then tell someone not to post.
I enjoy reading different views on all matters relating to Carlton. Most importantly I want to know where our issues lye and suggestions about how it can be fixed.

So when someone suggests a thread is not worthy for discussion and they raise concern that it makes them sick, suggesting they should stay out of it (note I was meaning staying out of the thread…not the discussion) is not unreasonable imo.

I enjoy reading different views on all matters relating to Carlton. Most importantly I want to know where our issues lye and suggestions about how it can be fixed.

So when someone suggests a thread is not worthy for discussion and they raise concern that it makes them sick, suggesting they should stay out of it (note I was meaning staying out of the thread…not the discussion) is not unreasonable imo.
What Gethelred said. You don't have to suggest anything. It's not up to you.

Not sure how you take part in the discussion if you are staying out of the thread?

Hi skadoosh,

We are clearly disappointed and frustrated with our start to the year.

The first 10 weeks, whilst providing us with glimpses of what our AFL side is capable of, have also shown that right now, we’re off the mark against the best teams in the competition.

There is no point sugar coating it, it simply hasn’t been good enough to this point. We’d rather own it now, so that we can get on with addressing it.

It comes as no surprise to any of us that there has been significant external noise around our football club this year. We’ve deserved our whacks at times, we absolutely accept that, and cop it on the chin.

What we won’t do though, is let external narratives dictate our reality.

That reality sees us currently two points out of the top eight, with 13 games to go. That is the challenge ahead of us for the remainder of the year.

A challenge that is well and truly achievable, but it is on us to rise to it.

We will be judging our season in its totality, after 24 rounds, not 10.

There is a lot of football still to be played and if last season taught us anything, it is that a season is a marathon, fortunes can change and it’s on us now to change ours for the better.

Rest assured, nobody is just sitting on their hands here, assuming the wheel will turn.

Our leaders, everyone at Carlton, are right now demanding better out of each other.

We have not been afraid to have the tough conversations we need to.

This football club is done with finger pointing.

Stability and unity in your football program is what gets you through tough patches.

I acknowledge it may not be what some want to hear but for the next 13 weeks and hopefully longer this season, we are in this together and that is not changing. Every step of the way.

Two points out of the eight, with 13 games to go. Our destiny is very much in our own hands. So let’s own that, and get on with it.

Clearly success will only be earned by this football club if we stick together and be ruthless in our drive to improve in the second half of the year.

To you, our members, you have played your part so far this year. The sold-out crowds speak for themselves but to be honest still only tell half the story.

Your investment in this football club is incredible, not just on match day but every day.

While clearly we know there has been frustration, anger at times, we know you come from a place of care, of passion and a deep connection to the football club you love.

Give me a supporter base like ours over any other, any day of the week.

Take care of yourselves and look after each other Bluebaggers. We’re in this together every step of the way this year, no matter what.

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Club Stuff The President & the Board - Sayers to continue as Pres until end of 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back