Official Club Stuff The President & the Board - Sayers to continue as Pres until end of 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Needs to go. AFP and NACC will be all over him and rightfully so.

He has already stepped down from the board of his wife's charity. The same charity that received millions under the previous government and publicly endorsed Frydenberg during the election. Can't see how he can remain in the Carlton job at this point. Has zero credibility from a leadership perspective at the moment. The club needs clear air and he only has 18 months to run anyway. Time to go.
PWC issues are historic however ….
If nothing else, Sayers is going to be consumed by this in the coming weeks and months. A resignation now would be in the best interests of protecting the club and ensuring adequate oversight continues in what is a challenging time for Carlton.

If nothing else, Sayers is going to be consumed by this in the coming weeks and months. A resignation now would be in the best interests of protecting the club and ensuring adequate oversight continues in what is a challenging time for Carlton.
I think he should go Bigblueboy. But at the very least, he needs to stand aside.

This is a huge story… from a PwC side of things (rather than Carlton). Their future in Australia is very much in jeopardy.

Yes, they're historic but he was CEO at the time of the alleged offences so there is a question of accountability for those actions he will need to answer for. Sayers' private firm has also been awarded over $6.2M in Government contracts since he left PwC with one relatively small piece of work awarded as recently as last week. He has very strong ties to the former government, so the scrutiny will only ramp up.

Firmly agree that he needs to go. The club has enough questions being asked about its football operations, let alone this kind of distraction.

Yes, they're historic but he was CEO at the time of the alleged offences so there is a question of accountability for those actions he will need to answer for. Sayers' private firm has also been awarded over $6.2M in Government contracts since he left PwC with one relatively small piece of work awarded as recently as last week. He has very strong ties to the former government, so the scrutiny will only ramp up.

Firmly agree that he needs to go. The club has enough questions being asked about its football operations, let alone this kind of distraction.

Interesting that you joined this forum two days ago and all of your posts are about spilling the board and getting rid of the president ...

Interesting that you joined this forum two days ago and all of your posts are about spilling the board and getting rid of the president ...

I returned to the board after a year off. I deleted my old account which had a similar name and the same profile pic. Some folks might know me here and my history (I'm the bloke who used to work at the NFL). No agenda beyond sharing my views on the club like anyone else.

Last edited:

It's a grubby situation. Is our ex co-treasurer still our number 1 ticket holder?

It's a grubby situation. Is our ex co-treasurer still our number 1 ticket holder?

Listening to Paolo on Blue Abroad YT FanCams tonight, his recommendation led me to this article. Thanks BB for posting it here, for BF posters.
Damning of Sayers, the 'Sayers Group' and his wife's non-profit (NGO).

IMO, Sayers needs to step down from the presidency. For the good of the club, its members and fans.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Needs to go. AFP and NACC will be all over him and rightfully so.

He has already stepped down from the board of his wife's charity. The same charity that received millions under the previous government and publicly endorsed Frydenberg during the election. Can't see how he can remain in the Carlton job at this point. Has zero credibility from a leadership perspective at the moment. The club needs clear air and he only has 18 months to run anyway. Time to go.
Correct.

Cate from Kooyong was caught out (aka Cate Sayers), supporting political candidate whilst taking $$

Sent from my SM-N981B using Tapatalk

It's incredible how everyone is an alleged crim or imcompetent when our 22 players find ways to lose games of footy.
When they win nobody cares about boards and presidents.
Properly bizarre attempted correlation :/.

This pwc stuff is only coming out now - would you prefer it's not discussed until Carlton are top 4. Just incase the timing of the discussion looks bad now ?

It's incredible how everyone is an alleged crim or imcompetent when our 22 players find ways to lose games of footy.
When they win nobody cares about boards and presidents.
Club has won 7 games in the last 21 since last years bye, all whom were in the bottom 4 except the Geelong win.

Start winning and nobody will care.

Club has won 7 games in the last 21 since last years bye, all whom were in the bottom 4 except the Geelong win.

Start winning and nobody will care.
Some things are bigger than footy. We're talking about an organisation led by our President that has allegations of selling classified information to multi-national companies that allowed them to avoid paying taxes that would benefit Australians. If that doesn't speak to the bloke's ethics, I don't know what does and I don't want anyone like that representing our club.

Board issues have always been there.
Now even more amplified.

Supporters quickly forget, 2021, was operation get Clarkson... under Sayers leadership. Forget the process.

Sayers style and leadership style has been questioned before

And this was raised in this forum in 2021 when he became President.

PWC issues coming to light now are compounded by his time as CEO leading a questionable and toxic culture

Interesting to note Kate Jenkins stepped down from the Carlton board she shared with Sayers, around the time of these articles breaking...

To qualify this, I dont know if Kate Jenkins stepped aside due to a conflict with Sayers or PWC investigation on sexual harassment.

However timing is uncanny. The main point here is questionable leadership and culture from Sayers in corporate world

Sent from my SM-N981B using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Some things are bigger than footy. We're talking about an organisation led by our President that has allegations of selling classified information to multi-national companies that allowed them to avoid paying taxes that would benefit Australians. If that doesn't speak to the bloke's ethics, I don't know what does and I don't want anyone like that representing our club.
Yes they are, but here is about footy.

A few posts in and it seems to me your only here to push a particular agenda.
Most of us here want a winning team and an organization to be proud of of course but;
there hasnt even been an enquiry yet.
Or do we now shoot first and ask questions later in this country?

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Club Stuff The President & the Board - Sayers to continue as Pres until end of 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back