Discussion The Random Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn’t suggest this because it’s nuts but when I get it I go to the gym and lift heavy weights and it loosens. It lacks scientific logic but works for me. I also dose the Voltarin up, gel is meant to work better but doesn’t for me.

I didn't stop lifting or doing things, but it was like i had to move slow, if i moved too quickly i might click it and arrgghhhh, and it'd be worse than ever.
I'd still lift things up off the ground, but i was very aware of bending my knees and doing it really correctly.

I didn't stop lifting or doing things, but it was like i had to move slow, if i moved too quickly i might click it and arrgghhhh, and it'd be worse than ever.
I'd still lift things up off the ground, but i was very aware of bending my knees and doing it really correctly.

That's me with my RA affecting my left kneecap area which is essentially devoid of any cartilege or padding. If I kneel incorrectly or it flexes just right, my leg spasms enough to karate kick someone and I can either wince in pain (as used to it) or just straight stop whatever I'm doing until it settles down again. Then at that point, I can basically waddle like a penguin walk places so I can have a lay down.

One of the truely great images of COVID.

E_tftUJVkAcnYPG.jpg
Doesn't even rhyme properly .... what a cop out!

I am seeking miraculous help!

Christmas Eve I woke with what seemed an innocuous ache in my butt...the glute in particular...muscular or bone I didn't know

By the night it was clear something had changed. The pain started to radiate down the left thigh then even more severely into the calf muscle. Obviously the sciatic nerve was in play. If I stand and arch my upper body back and to the right it alleviates the excruciating pain in the glute area to a tolerable level and i can walk to a degree...it requires constant re adjustment but is workable for necessity.

Upon researching I am leaning towards piriformis syndrome. I attended casualty at the local hospital whereby they conducted a CAT scan. Evidence suggests nothing untoward other than what I already knew and that my back was out.
There was a Gaul stone and a small kidney stone but nothing moving or contributing to the glute and sciatica....although a Kidney Stone can give that impression...they ruled that out completely.

They noted I was in immense pain and recommended an OSTEO or similar. They gave me two Endone on the night which did help to ease most of the pain. Sent me away with 5 Endone tablets.

I have been in constant pain since...tried to get to see my Doctor for attention, could only get a phone consult...prescribed Codeine Forte. via Escript. Booked to see OSTEO on the 3rd of JAN.

MAYBE someone on here has a little piece of magic information.....anything that is intended as serious help.....Its been a s**t week....The Cod Forte don't cut it for the pain.....The usual "If only!" keeps dribbling out of my consciousness but there must be something. It seems I put it out so easily...didn't even notice...Surely there must be a way back in!

Had a few years worth of periformis and sciatica issues. You may have a different issue to mine, but usually it began with an ache in the glute, that progressed down the leg.

It sounds like you have a sciatica impingement, probably through the periformas...Perhaps, but you need to get it diagnosed. But that is exactly what I had and you could relieve it by stretching back and away from it. Often caused by scar tissue from something you did at some point in your life. The periformas is a next tuesday of a muscle. Extremely difficult to stretch or manipulate. Well I found it to be that way. The nerve is meant to run around the periformas but in a lot of folk, it runs straight through it. Often, if you damage the periformis it can heal up tight around the nerve and cause the issue. Well, that was how it was explained to me anyway.

Best thing I can recommend is a good remedial sports massage from someone that knows what they are doing. Usually hurts like hell when getting it done but honestly it was always the best way to free up the impingement in the area. I found at times that a brutal massage would often completely free the issue and I would be completely pain free for weeks before it would come back. I could literally get off the table and it was gone. I really do mean a brutal massage... they can zone right in on the area and just give it a hiding.

A solid ball, tennis ball, cricket ball or softball is also reasonable if you roll around on the floor for a while. Hard to do when you can barely move without pain, but if you can get to the source of the issue it can get you a bit of relief. Once you get it clear if you can stretch it out

My physio's never really helped to be honest. Didnt go to an Osteo or Chiro as I dont really rate.

After I had it cleared up a bit I did heap of regular stretching and then did a lot of weight work with squats and deadlifts which I still do now and its been years in the clear.

Christmas Eve I woke with what seemed an innocuous ache in my butt...the glute in particular...muscular or bone I didn't know

By the night it was clear something had changed. The pain started to radiate down the left thigh then even more severely into the calf muscle. Obviously the sciatic nerve was in play. If I stand and arch my upper body back and to the right it alleviates the excruciating pain in the glute area to a tolerable level and i can walk to a degree...it requires constant re adjustment but is workable for necessity.

Upon researching I am leaning towards piriformis syndrome. I attended casualty at the local hospital whereby they conducted a CAT scan. Evidence suggests nothing untoward other than what I already knew and that my back was out.
There was a Gaul stone and a small kidney stone but nothing moving or contributing to the glute and sciatica....although a Kidney Stone can give that impression...they ruled that out completely.

They noted I was in immense pain and recommended an OSTEO or similar. They gave me two Endone on the night which did help to ease most of the pain. Sent me away with 5 Endone tablets.

I have been in constant pain since...tried to get to see my Doctor for attention, could only get a phone consult...prescribed Codeine Forte. via Escript. Booked to see OSTEO on the 3rd of JAN.

MAYBE someone on here has a little piece of magic information.....anything that is intended as serious help.....Its been a s**t week....The Cod Forte don't cut it for the pain.....The usual "If only!" keeps dribbling out of my consciousness but there must be something. It seems I put it out so easily...didn't even notice...Surely there must be a way back in!
Acupuncture has worked for me with lower back pain

I’ve had some severe lower back pain in the past that a few days of mobic cleared up, it provided some relief from the first dose. Obviously it’s a prescription medication and your gp will know if it’s suitable for you but it sure worked for me.

Here is a theory for you. COVID originated in China. China play the long game and lockdown from the world for 2 years.
Now they open up and spread new variants throughout the world. China plays the long game because they have the population
to sacrifice. New variants decimate the rest of the world. China loses 20% of its population. Big deal. Economic chaos globally.
China is now the boss. Have some respect.

3241.jpg
That is an interesting theory. And because it's China I might even consider the theory

I wouldn’t suggest this because it’s nuts but when I get it I go to the gym and lift heavy weights and it loosens. It lacks scientific logic but works for me. I also dose the Voltarin up, gel is meant to work better but doesn’t for me.
Voltaren gel does not work for me. My suggestion is to see a chiro, physio, or oesteo as soon as you can.
A good massage from someone you trust can also work.

Anti inflammatory might help

So Mowman and Plugger , do you guys use line trimmers.
If so, what is the furthest you ever threw one.

Mine is slightly more effective than praying for the grass and weeds to go away.
As in whipper snippers?

Honda...hands down
I bought a Honda umk435 or the umk450
Can't remember now
Used it on 2 acres and it was great
Never not started, ever
U shaped handle bars with a harness
I did change the head on it to a heavy duty bumpstop head which cost about 50$
One of those ones where u feed the cord all the way thru both holes and then wind the head by hand
Takes about a minute
2.70 round bynorm cord , not that hexagonal shit

Cut thru stuff like butter

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As in whipper snippers?

Honda...hands down
Can't remember now
Never not started, ever
One of those ones where u feed the cord all the way thru both holes and then wind the head by hand
Takes about a minute
2.70 round bynorm cord , not that hexagonal s**t

Have you ever wondered where (as your chord gets shorter) all the plastic is going?

If you have any sort of digestive thing going on, anti inflams are both literally and figuratively the shits, so, also check any side effects, ask me how I know....

Physio >>> Chiro. Work of the devil that one.
You can still get anti inflams that wont upset your tummy , just not pleasant how you have to take them

As in whipper snippers?

Honda...hands down
Can't remember now
Never not started, ever
Takes about a minute
2.70 round bynorm cord , not that hexagonal s**t

Yeah its the bump stop that's giving me grief at the moment. Seems i need to stop and re-thread it every 10 minutes.
Those ones where you wind the head are probably a lot better.

Tbh I have not my Fijian friend

But thinking about it now I presume its being broke into fine particles so we can all breathe them in

Wonder if anyone's made biodegradable whipper skipper cord 🤔
Microplastic emissions. Another issue that our grandchildren will get to deal with.

Interestingly the European Union is being lobbied to consider regulations designed to curb tyre and road wear as part of the fight to reduce micro plastic levels.

Yeah its the bump stop that's giving me grief at the moment. Seems i need to stop and re-thread it every 10 minutes.
Those ones where you wind the head are probably a lot better.

This is the one i went with.

There might be smaller ones for a more domestic setting
I prob went thru one head every couple of years from bashing it on the ground, again a rural setting tho.

There's a new one now that feeds itself I think

This is the one i went with.

There might be smaller ones for a more domestic setting
I prob went thru one head every couple of years from bashing it on the ground, again a rural setting tho.

There's a new one now that feeds itself I think

I'm on an acre , and if i wasn't so lazy it should get a hammering. Its going to have a hard time this year. Weeds are going nuts. Wonder how it goes with blackberries ( nope i think i'll need different measures for blackberries ). I need to get Gringo out here for a look, i think i have some new rare undiscovered weeds that haven't been seen before this year.

It might have been the cord i was using, which was a cheap one, and may have been left outside and exposed to the sun ( gone brittle ) at some point.
I bought a new ryobi head and some of the ryobi line.
Also bought some Sabre power cut thing with plastic pivoting blades to try out.

There was a wind in head at bunnings, but i thought it looked like there was too much bulk below the cutting height, so it would affect the use. The one you mentioned there looks better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back