List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

I’d rather go after essendons pick 9.

26 + Future First for pick 9.

gives us 7+8+9.
Maybe I'm in the minority but I think we're sliding back on the Ladder next year with more youth and a depleted midfield.

I would say we're being robbed in that deal because our Future 1st could easily be P5-7.

Get a Future 2nd back through the door and I'm in.

On Pixel 6a using BigFooty.com mobile app

Maybe I'm in the minority but I think we're sliding back on the Ladder next year with more youth and a depleted midfield.

I would say we're being robbed in that deal because our Future 1st could easily be P5-7.

How?

Yes we lost Battle, but its another pre-season for the likes of Nas, Owens, Windy, Henry, Pou, Wilson, Garcia. In terms of experience, Id say these gains outweigh the loss of Battle

We are getting Macrae for a setup of Steele, Macrae, Pou, Windy, Dow, Clark + draftees - I wouldn't call that depleted and its a lot better than what we had this year

The Roos have been open to splitting the pick for another top-10 selection and a future first-round choice, while the Eagles have dangled their top choice in a mix of trade possibilities as they look to boost their draft hand whilst also securing trade target Liam Baker.

Would we swap 7&8 for Eagles pick?
7&8 for 3&14 would be a great deal

On Pixel 7 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I’m n
I think 2,7 & 22 is a pretty good outcome. If we want these top draftees to come in and be developed then they need to get games in. The more we take over the next two years the harder that is to do. We played every draftee last year which helped their development.
Im not in favour of this idea that we trade out our F1 to move up just a few spots. If we’re going to trade out our F1 there needs to be a substantial payoff, not just an incremental improvement in this year’s draft position. Why would we want to get to next year and, say we finish 8th, our first pick would be 26 and that’s before F/S and any FA compo picks.
I don’t like putting all our eggs in this year’s basket.
It’s like buying stuff on credit. You have to pay for it eventually.

Over the moon to get pick 8 now let’s not get too fancy. No splitting any and for the love of god our best mid turns 29 soon, take two midfielders.

What depleted midfield? Some of our best games had Steele, Stocker, Clark, Jones, Dow and Crouch didn't play.
If we're adding MacLobster, Soldo and Pou(Version 2) then we're already better. If we can keep our players fit we're better again.
Throw Windy and Hugo into that mix too.

Granted that's not a top 4 midfield but it's enough to get into finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People just need to learn to understand the system.

Ben McKay earns pick 3 and Buddy earns pick 19.

Wah wah wah Buddy is so much better how can this be.

Well pick 3 and pick 19 was the exact same compensation, round 1 compensation.

1 team just happened to be better than the other.

The anomaly is 2nd tier.
If buddy had got 2nd tier he would have given virtually the same compensation.
StKilda's tier 3 compo for Nick Dal Santo was only 6 picks behind Buddy's compo.

The player on the list that they may see replacing Battle is McLennan. Seems an interceptor and uses it well. Early days but will be a watch for next year for sure.
Hammer fills Batts role.
Wood fills Hammers role
Ari fills Woods role.

I'm not sure l like that as l want Max at CHF but it can be done with what we have. The resurgence of Coops gives us options. It's also still possible that Membrey stays on a 1 year deal.

How?

Yes we lost Battle, but its another pre-season for the likes of Nas, Owens, Windy, Henry, Pou, Wilson, Garcia. In terms of experience, Id say these gains outweigh the loss of Battle

We are getting Macrae for a setup of Steele, Macrae, Pou, Windy, Dow, Clark + draftees - I wouldn't call that depleted and its a lot better than what we had this year

I was more so referring to losses of experience across the board- players like Crouch, Ross, Membrey*, Battle will weaken us.

The youth are inconsistent, so I expect our form will be up and down with a more youthful team.

Hammer fills Batts role.
Wood fills Hammers role
Ari fills Woods role.

I'm not sure l like that as l want Max at CHF but it can be done with what we have. The resurgence of Coops gives us options. It's also still possible that Membrey stays on a 1 year deal.
Marshall will play more forward with Ivan Drago coming to the club.

Essendon board isn’t very nice. They seem to think we would pay overs to help the get two first rounds this year. SOS will bid on kako. They will have to come to the party

After all we've done for them!!??

They stole our champions for FREE
(and loved to gloat about it at the time)

1000011033.jpg

1000011032.jpg

Jumped over to norfs board to ask them this and they seemed generally accepting of NM 2,24 for STK 7,8.

Obviously none of them keen on just STK 7,26 for NM 2

So maybe STK F1 paired with 7 for NM 2,24 would be a great balance for both clubs.

Pick 2 still feels like we have a chance at Lalor despite recent reports. Otherwise Smith or Draper are both very worthy of moving up.
What's the point in being happy with Band1 yesterday if that trade above went ahead .
Picks 1 to 8 could go in any order of players

Marshall will play more forward with Ivan Drago coming to the club.
Agreed.
I think that's the plan for sure. I think a big boy line-up of King, Marshall, Soldo, Hammer and Howard looks very competitive.
Coops, Wood, Wilkie, Ari* as mediums also looks good. Youth and experience.

You campaigners have to overachieve because you have the worst kit in world footy and Yankee Doodle as a song. We are shit but we look so ****ing cool doing it we don't give any ****s.

....and you come to hostile territory to troll but whatever the deficiency that your tiny gene pool dumped on you has seemingly made you a dullard.
Ha ha, love it so much, because it’s true!
Best guernsey in the league! By a mile.
😍

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back