Discussion The Random Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

On a lighter note... saw Ali Wong at the Palais last night. Really enjoyed it. Her opening act, Sheng Wang was pretty good too, although the drunk obnoxious woman behind me managed to spoil his set a bit by talking about how she related to every joke. Luckily her friends managed to shut her up for Ali's set.

On a lighter note... saw Ali Wong at the Palais last night. Really enjoyed it. Her opening act, Sheng Wang was pretty good too, although the drunk obnoxious woman behind me managed to spoil his set a bit by talking about how she related to every joke. Luckily her friends managed to shut her up for Ali's set.

Did you like Beef? I really liked it.

If you like US asian female comedians this lady is funny too.

Seems there's a mass IT outage affecting banks,airlines, media organisations, Microsoft, emergency services, various other systems (payment, booking etc). Not just here but across the world.

Is this the beginning of the end? 🤔

Well it appears to be affecting Windows PC's worldwide. Blue Screens Of Death everywhere apparently. No information so far suggesting a hack.

Seems there's a mass IT outage affecting banks,airlines, media organisations, Microsoft, emergency services, various other systems (payment, booking etc). Not just here but across the world.

Well it appears to be affecting Windows PC's worldwide. Blue Screens Of Death everywhere apparently. No information so far suggesting a hack.
The whole world has blacked out and yet Big Footy survives.

Could it be that the build up of years of BS is acting as some sort of protective layer from this world wide attack?

I haven’t been outside; perhaps we are the only ones left alive.

Premiership hopes snuffed out once and for all it seems 😢

Good luck everyone 🤞

Trump is unstoppable now, a new dem candidate might stop him winning 50 states.
If you believe the typical hype surrounding one Republican convention- basically preaching to the converted, then it looks all Trump, but US elections are usually close and polls this far out don't tell the full story.

Started this morning, we use teams for inter office comms and it was showing people online, offline, busy, crashing at like 8am this morning. Then as word filters through that it's not us, it's them, yeah it ends up being a Microsoft thing causing issues to many sectors and by the time I signed off work 2hrs ago it was pretty much a"we can fix this I swear"
situation developing.

It just seemed to cascade throughout the day really, but say teams was then fixed, but as the ABC and co are then stating everything else was breaking.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone come across a denomination of singing Jesuits on the Sunbury train recently?

I just had the strangest ride home.

When Barry Humphries was still a student, he'd get on the train , at the next spot one of his mates would not recognize him or speak, but would hand him a bowl. Next stop someone would get on and fill it with cornflakes. next guy milk and a spoon. Then he'd eat his breakfast.

Weird thing is , he didn't even know if anyone was watching.

More fun than being a singing Jesuit though.

Started this morning, we use teams for inter office comms and it was showing people online, offline, busy, crashing at like 8am this morning. Then as word filters through that it's not us, it's them, yeah it ends up being a Microsoft thing causing issues to many sectors and by the time I signed off work 2hrs ago it was pretty much a"we can fix this I swear"
situation developing.

It just seemed to cascade throughout the day really, but say teams was then fixed, but as the ABC and co are then stating everything else was breaking.

My teams always shows me as busy. Not sure how to change it, don't care, happy to be shown as busy.

When Barry Humphries was still a student, he'd get on the train , at the next spot one of his mates would not recognize him or speak, but would hand him a bowl. Next stop someone would get on and fill it with cornflakes. next guy milk and a spoon. Then he'd eat his breakfast.

Weird thing is , he didn't even know if anyone was watching.

More fun than being a singing Jesuit though.
Nah, this was a bona fide church mob with all the associated 'literature' who were carting around a karaoke machine. They spent the better part of half an hour surrounding me near the doorway and asking me questions that would prompt the next song. Was absurd. They were even making all the Boyz II Men pleading, lovey faces at me while doing it.

I humoured them, but it takes more than that to convert this bag-o-cells.

The leader asked 'what do you think happens when we die?'

I mustered up my back-catalogue of Metal lyrics and settled on paraphrasing a sample from an old The Berzerker track - 'we rot together with absolute biological equality'.

He wasn't prepared for that and asked me to repeat myself. The singing continued, but his questions stopped.

Last edited:
Teams seems to be ok my end...I'm getting message thru from IT anyway

Got out to the shops early yesterday and had no probs at all

Then later in the day foxtel shate itself on multiple channels
504 footy channel still worked so that was something at least

Joe Biden dropping out will make the next four months in America hectic.
The fact that it is still 4 months to go is ****ing insane

France and Britain announced, campaigned, counted their elections in about 6 weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussion The Random Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back