The rankings (from best to worst) of the 128 VFL/AFL premiership teams.

Remove this Banner Ad

My point is that a Carlton vs Essendon GF in 2000 would've been a better match than Melbourne.
I agree with that. Although Melbourne were in better form (they had won 10 out of 11 going into the game). The reality was that Essendon was probably about a 4-5 goal better side than Carlton, at least in a statistical sense. When you take a couple of key players out of Carlton, that blows out to 8-10 goals which we saw on Preliminary Final day

Yeah they were impressive especially as an interstate team.

Richmond has the record MCG win streak (22 wins). I’m confident we’d beat anybody at the MCG at our best. Other grounds are a different story.
Geelong maybe?
Collingwood 2018 (PF) - I still believe our best would have lost to Collingwood that night though. It's the best I've seen them play since in the 2010 PF against Geelong.

Geelong maybe?
Collingwood 2018 (PF) - I still believe our best would have lost to Collingwood that night though. It's the best I've seen them play since in the 2010 PF against Geelong.

2018 Dusty was injured and the backline had gastro. Lynch wasn’t even in the team yet.

In finals (plus the full 2018 season) from 2017-2020 we were undefeated at the MCG when fully fit.

Also got the record % win in a GF (456% I believe)

With a record like as well as having the best finals player ever I think it’s hard to argue otherwise.

I only see an argument for Bombers 2000 at the MCG.

2018 Dusty was injured and the backline had gastro. Lynch wasn’t even in the team yet.

In finals (plus the full 2018 season) from 2017-2020 we were undefeated at the MCG when fully fit.

Also got the record % win in a GF (456% I believe)

With a record like as well as having the best finals player ever I think it’s hard to argue otherwise.

I only see an argument for Bombers 2000 at the MCG.
Delusion is real.

it's funny that Richmond "had gastro" is a legitimate excuse but when another team has any kind of issue affecting the players its "LOLOL COPE HARDER"
If there is one thing I've learnt during my time on BigFooty, it's that there are only two teams that ever get injuries - Richmond and Carlton.

it's funny that Richmond "had gastro" is a legitimate excuse but when another team has any kind of issue affecting the players its "LOLOL COPE HARDER"

Why are you so delusional I never said that. I’m very pro injury excuse, it affects games and results, for everyone.

I personally believe the whole “a good team gets it done anyway” is BS.

And again wasn’t even talking about Geelong and you pop your insecure head up again. Go away.

Why are you so delusional I never said that. I’m very pro injury excuse, it affects games and results, for everyone.

I personally believe the whole “a good team gets it done anyway” is BS.

And again wasn’t even talking about Geelong and you pop your insecure head up again. Go away.
what are you on about campaigner I wasn't even quoting you, why do you always have to interject in conversations I'm having with other people?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fadge quoted me then you quoted him talking about me. Nice try on the technicality smart guy. Nobody fell for it campaigner.
you're so desperate for my attention, its truly weird, every thread I post in and there you are derailing it

And Dimma had an STD. Any other excuses?

2018 PF being "gastro impacted" is as good as fact. Astbury was hospitalised on a drip

Same story for Geelong in the 2021 PF - it happens, & is the simplest explanation of such horrific performances

It's not to say the gasto-teams would have won otherwise, but they certainly would have not curled their toes up the way they did

& vindicating things further, who won the 2019 and 2022 premierships?

2018 PF being "gastro impacted" is as good as fact. Astbury was hospitalised on a drip

Same story for Geelong in the 2021 PF - it happens, & is the simplest explanation of such horrific performances

It's not to say the gasto-teams would have won otherwise, but they certainly would have not curled their toes up the way they did

& vindicating things further, who won the 2019 and 2022 premierships?

Don’t worry they know, they can’t bring themselves to say it as it makes our record look better. Simple as that really.

But anyway Geelong shouldn’t even be mentioned in this thread their 3 premiership teams weren’t top tier imo.

Remove this Banner Ad

The rankings (from best to worst) of the 128 VFL/AFL premiership teams.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back