The Rumour Mill

Remove this Banner Ad

But by overvaluing his own players, he gets fees for them that he shouldn't really get. Well played Rafa.

By undervaluing other players, sometimes he gets players for cheaper than he should. Well played Rafa.

It's called negotiating. You start off on the side of the spectrum that benefits yourself most, and then work the other way.

Now they are at it again for Lavezzi. A low ball insulting offer that wouldnt be accepted ever. It makes Liverpool look like they are trying to sign someome when there not, keeping the feral fans at bay, it disrupts the other team in the process and if the roof caves in like Liverpool hope it does they can come in with another low ball offer and pick up the scraps.

You've said some strange things Embers - this thread is just some of your finest work.

But the above? :D

Yeah we've ****ing lowballed them with a paltry offer of 22 million euros!!!! :D

While, those lovely generous folk at Juventus have offered a huge, inflated sum of 7m euros!!

But by overvaluing his own players, he gets fees for them that he shouldn't really get. Well played Rafa.

By undervaluing other players, sometimes he gets players for cheaper than he should. Well played Rafa.

Not necessarily. He only got 2.5 mill for Carson with add ons which is about right. Sometimes he gets the fees he wants, sometimes he gets Riise on the books for 3 years longer than he should of been.

Sometimes he gets them cheaper but alot of the time he makes a tool of hiimself ie. Keane, Barry, Babel and too a lesser extent his poor treatment of Agger and Hyppia near the end.

You've said some strange things Embers - this thread is just some of your finest work.

But the above? :D

Yeah we've ****ing lowballed them with a paltry offer of 22 million euros!!!! :D

While, those lovely generous folk at Juventus have offered a huge, inflated sum of 7m euros!!

22 million euros my ass. Most sites ive read have it at half that. I think youll find Napoli value Lavezzi at that price and Liverpool arnt even close to reaching it

Sites like goal.com arnt a source btw anymore so than Tribal Football

Not necessarily. He only got 2.5 mill for Carson with add ons which is about right. Sometimes he gets the fees he wants, sometimes he gets Riise on the books for 3 years longer than he should of been.

Sometimes he gets them cheaper but alot of the time he makes a tool of hiimself ie. Keane, Barry, Babel and too a lesser extent his poor treatment of Agger and Hyppia near the end.

Because he fully wanted Keane!

I don't even know why I'm bothering.

22 million euros my ass. Most sites ive read have it at half that. I think youll find Napoli value Lavezzi at that price and Liverpool arnt even close to reaching it

Haha I'll get home tonight and I'll put up about at least 100 links reporting 22m euros.

I think you might have to spend the night down there in that hole you've dug for yourself, though.

Should've handed the shovel over when you had the chance.

You wonder why no-one respects your opinions/comments......................

Because he fully wanted Keane!

I don't even know why I'm bothering.

Rafas fault there. His constant failings in the transfer market mean the power was taken from him. Which was fair enough to be honest. With money well spent like Dossena, Lucas and Babel around its not surprising Keane was handed to him. In the end they got most of there money back.

Fair to say its 2 extremes with Rafas low ball tactics and his chairmans well "lets sign Robbie Keane" tactics. They need to meet half way

Haha I'll get home tonight and I'll put up about at least 100 links reporting 22m euros.

I think you might have to spend the night down there in that hole you've dug for yourself, though.

Should've handed the shovel over when you had the chance.

You wonder why no-one respects your opinions/comments......................

From sites like redwhiteandkop.com maybe but from real wesbites unlikely. Lavezzi agent is a grade A tosser trying to do everything he can to get him sold, anywhere preferablly. Lavezzi wants to stay and his agentr is talking him out of it im afraid.

You say you have no money and are signing the likes of Sylvan Distin in one thread and boast about a 20 mill pound bid in another. Which one is it.

Rafas fault there. His constant failings in the transfer market mean the power was taken from him. Which was fair enough to be honest. With money well spent like Dossena, Lucas and Babel around its not surprising Keane was handed to him. In the end they got most of there money back.

He never really had control anyway.

I could be here all day listing players he wanted - but Coco went and signed someone else.

You'd ask Parry for Dani Alves who would have cost abut 12m at that stage - and he'd return with Pennant (6.7m) and Bellamy (6.5m) and wonder why you weren't thanking him for lavishing these 2 wonderful footballers upon you.

From sites like redwhiteandkop.com maybe but from real wesbites unlikely. Lavezzi agent is a grade A tosser trying to do everything he can to get him sold, anywhere preferablly. Lavezzi wants to stay and his agentr is talking him out of it im afraid.

You say you have no money and are signing the likes of Sylvan Distin in one thread and boast about a 20 mill pound bid in another. Which one is it.

We'll have money for one decent signing after sales I'd assume.

I don't want Lavezzi in any case. An absolute tossbag.

Do you even read the articles? Just about all of them are taken from various newspapers, magazines and radio shows arund the world then just re-printed with an introduction and conclusion and linking sentances between quotes to cover the questions that were asked in the interviews or press conferences.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We'll have money for one decent signing after sales I'd assume.

I don't want Lavezzi in any case. An absolute tossbag.

Please. Your closer to bankruptcy then making a 20 million pound signing. At this stage it looks as if the Keane money is going straight back into paying off insane levels of debt before it goes into buying someone who despite me rating is clearly not worth 20 mill (15 at most), Anyone whose read his agents comments realise all of this has come from his mouth. No doubt Napoli got a bid but like Juves it was pathetically small. Napoli would rip your arms off for 20 mill.

I mean latest rumors have Napoli talking with Man United and AC Milan about a 15-17 million pound deal. I dont think they would reject 20 from Liverpool to accept 15 from another club would you

No doubt Napoli got a bid but like Juves it was pathetically small. Napoli would rip your arms off for 20 mill.

We now know Embers sits on the board at Liverpool and Napoli then.

Seriously dude. Put in a sock in it.

(Or in your case a sock on it)

I mean latest rumors have Napoli talking with Man United and AC Milan about a 15-17 million pound deal. I dont think they would reject 20 from Liverpool to accept 15 from another club would you

Because they've accepted 15-17 already haven't they.

Oh shit! No they haven't!

We now know Embers sits on the board at Liverpool and Napoli then.

Seriously dude. Put in a sock in it.

(Or in your case a sock on it)

Because they've accepted 15-17 already haven't they.

Oh shit! No they haven't!

Its common sense isnt it? Im hardly stating anything that isnt obvious. Napolis 2nd best player of the year for 20 mill. Theyd rip your arms off and rape you with them

Well doi, but if they do accept it it will prove Liverpools bid to be completely false wouldnt it. Unless the Napoli board are all cokeheads incapable of reading numbers on a piece of paper.

BREAKING GOSSIP
Liverpool defender Andrea Dossena seems set for a return to Italy after asking manager Rafael Benitez for a move away from Anfield.

Valencia winger David Silva says he is flattered by reported interest from Real Madrid, but says he knows nothing about a proposed move to the Bernabeu.

Udinese's 22-year-old defender Cristian Zapata has claimed Arsenal are among the clubs interested in acquiring his services this summer

Real Madrid want to sign Bayern Munich's French winger Franck Ribery and will begin talks with the German giants.

Inter Milan striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic would welcome a move to Barcelona, his agent said on Friday following reports the clubs were discussing a deal.

TRANSFER GOSSIP
Manchester United will sell Cristiano Ronaldo to Real Madrid if the Spanish giants stump up a stunning £75m.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...to-real-madrid-for-75million-115875-21415878/
If Real do not sign the Portugal international winger by the end of the month they will have to pay him £26m as a result of a promise made to him by the club's former president Ramon Calderon.

Real's vice-president Fernando Tapias appeared to confirm on Spanish radio that the club does indeed have such a penalty clause written into an alleged pre-contract agreement made between Calderon and Ronaldo's agent Jorge Mendes.

Meanwhile, new Real Madrid president Florentino Perez said he believes Ronaldo has a £75m get-out clause in his United contract and said he is "working to bring Ronaldo to Real Madrid". Perez also all but confirmed that AC Milan's Brazilian superstar Kaka will join the club for £62m.

Yet another seemingly Madrid-bound star is Valencia's David Silva. Liverpool are also keen on the midfielder but look as though they will miss out on him after he had talks at the Bernabeu.

Chelsea are set to offer Ashley Cole a £27m four-year deal in order to fend off interest in him from Barcelona, who are believed to be ready to bid £20m for the left-back.

As well as hanging on to their best players, Blues midfielder Frank Lampard has urged the club to sign "someone to do something special", identifying a need for a creative midfielder or a striker.

The players Lampard has in mind are Bayern Munich's Franck Ribery and Valencia's David Villa.

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger is keen to bring Barcelona midfielder Yaya Toure, brother of Gunners defender Kolo, to the club and is set to bid £12m for him.

The Gunners are favourites to beat Manchester City to the signature of £8m-rated Wolfsburg striker Edin Dzeko, who they see as a replacement for Emmanuel Adebayor.

But Arsenal face competition for the Bosnian from Manchester City, who are also looking at Blackburn's Roque Santa Cruz, Portsmouth's Peter Crouch and Barcelona's Samuel Eto'o.

Adebayor's future, meanwhile, could be in Italy as AC Milan are believed to be poised to make a £15m bid for the Togo striker.

Aston Villa are bracing themselves for a battle to hold on to Ashley Young, with Chelsea and Real Madrid set to be interested in the £20m-rated winger.

Villa have targeted Tottenham midfielder Tom Huddlestone as a replacement for Gareth Barry and will bid £6m for him. (Mirror)

David Bentley could also make the switch from White Hart Lane to Villa Park, but only if Spurs are prepared to accept £5m less than the £15m they paid Blackburn for him.

The clear-out at Spurs could also see Didier Zokora join Sevilla - but the Spaniards are thought to want to pay £2m less than the Londoners' £8m valuation of their man.

Meanwhile, Manchester City want to sign Liverpool's Xabi Alonso as they want him to form a midfield partnership with their new £12m signing Barry.

Sunderland want to sign the world's tallest player, Serbian striker Nikola Zigic, who stands at 6 ft 8 ins. New boss Steve Bruce is set to sanction a club record £10m bid for the Valencia player.

Bruce also wants to raid former club Wigan to sign midfielder Lee Cattermole.

Bolton and Birmingham are competing to sign Anderlecht's Argentine playmaker Lucas Biglia, who would cost about £6m. The pair are also battling to snap up ex-Portsmouth midfielder Sean Davies.

Birmingham are also eager to capture Cardiff defender Roger Johnson and are set to increase their offer for him from £3.5m to £5m.

Everton have warned Manchester City that defender Joleon Lescott is not for sale.

West Ham want to hijack Everton's £6m swoop for Rennes full-back Rod Fanni.

The Hammers are set to send teenage striker Freddie Sears out on a season-long loan to Sheffield Wednesday.

Blackburn striker Matt Derbyshire could be priced out of a move to Greek side Olympiakos as Rovers are holding out for £2m more than the £3m bid they have received.

Stoke boss Tony Pulis is lining up a bid for Marseille striker Djibril Cisse, who spent last season on loan at Sunderland. But the Frenchman is believed to prefer a move to Tottenham.

Roberto Martinez's first step as Wigan manager could be to sign Hamilton's teenage midfielder James McCarthy.

New Wigan boss Roberto Martinez could also make a move for Hibernian striker Steven Fletcher.

Funny how Man City are involved with every single decent player.
Manchester City have reportedly offered Arsene Wenger £280,000 a week job as water boy at the club. Officials have met with representatives of the north London club where it's reported a transfer fee of £28,000,000 + bonuses has been agreed. The transfer could potentially cost millions more if Wenger successfully formulates a new constitution of water and administers more than 100,000 times.

Arsene is reported to be very happy with the offer.

Manchester City have reportedly offered Arsene Wenger £280,000 a week job as water boy at the club. Officials have met with representatives of the north London club where it's reported a transfer fee of £28,000,000 + bonuses has been agreed. The transfer could potentially cost millions more if Wenger successfully formulates a new constitution of water and administers more than 100,000 times.

Arsene is reported to be very happy with the offer.

Arsene was only happy because he thought City were bidding for Fabregas and thought that a few waterboys were part of the offer...

Haha, two funny posts. I'll look forward to seeing Man City's team at the start of next season. It will either have lot's of potential and a few star signings that have been rumoured. Or it will be pretty much the same, plus guys like Barry and Santa Cruz. Although I'd say Tevez is nearly signed, sealed and delivered.

Dzeko... we were linked with him then the bastard went and scored a bunch of hat tricks towards the end of the season. Same with Negredo and Araunovich (sp) ,at least Roy's after quality players.

BREAKING GOSSIP
Liverpool defender Andrea Dossena seems set for a return to Italy after asking manager Rafael Benitez for a move away from Anfield.

Meanwhile, Manchester City want to sign Liverpool's Xabi Alonso as they want him to form a midfield partnership with their new £12m signing Barry.

Doss can bugger off back to Italy. Preferably Juve for about 7 million pounds. Alonso to City is a laugh though.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Rumour Mill

Remove this Banner Ad

Back