The Rumour Mill

Remove this Banner Ad

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/jun/04/kaka-real-madrid-chelsea-milan

The Milan chief executive, Adriano Galliani, has described the club's decision to sell Kaka to Real Madrid as "solely economic" and insisted the player would never have signed for Chelsea as he only ever wanted to play in Spain.

The Brazilian is expected to complete a £56.2m move to Madrid on Monday after agreeing personal terms with the Spanish giants. The move will be met by anguish and anger by Milan supporters but Galliani insisted the offer was simply too good to turn down.

"The reasons for the departure of Kaka are solely economic," he told Gazzetta dello Sport. "Even a great heart must confront the situation and make choices. Milan can not go on losing €70 million year.

"Kaka has behaved very professionally with us, he has never asked for his deal to be revised or his contract extended. He has been here six years and won everything there is to win. But we can't afford to miss out on €70 million."

Chelsea had offered almost £20m more for the 27-year-old but, like Manchester City before them, have had to accept defeat in their attempts to lure the player to England.

"An agreement with Chelsea could not exist," insisted Galliani. "Kaka goes to Real or he remains at Milan. That is his will and we are doing everything in complete agreement."

Funny thing is they're signing 'galacticos' who are inferior to the players they're replacing.

I've seen Silva and while most people have just basically seen that goal he scored against Chelsea.... my point being Robben is a better player. And if they decide they need to upgrade on Robben with a clearly inferior model then good luck to whoever buys Robben.

Yeah we know your "I've seen..." stories :D. Do you really believe nobody has seen anything of Silva since he scored that goal over 2 years ago? He's won a euro last season.

Why are you even comparing him with Robben? Silva is an attacking midfielder who will look for space on the left and he is definitely not a winger. Robben is a winger as pure as they get and plays on the right. Both are completely different players and add something completely different to their team.

Robben by the way has had a pretty average season. He was found out more often than not to only have eye for the ball and was fingerpointed to make Real play worse, as was shown Real did better without him than with him this season.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/jun/04/kaka-real-madrid-chelsea-milan

The Milan chief executive, Adriano Galliani, has described the club's decision to sell Kaka to Real Madrid as "solely economic" and insisted the player would never have signed for Chelsea as he only ever wanted to play in Spain.

The Brazilian is expected to complete a £56.2m move to Madrid on Monday after agreeing personal terms with the Spanish giants. The move will be met by anguish and anger by Milan supporters but Galliani insisted the offer was simply too good to turn down.

"The reasons for the departure of Kaka are solely economic," he told Gazzetta dello Sport. "Even a great heart must confront the situation and make choices. Milan can not go on losing €70 million year.

"Kaka has behaved very professionally with us, he has never asked for his deal to be revised or his contract extended. He has been here six years and won everything there is to win. But we can't afford to miss out on €70 million."

Chelsea had offered almost £20m more for the 27-year-old but, like Manchester City before them, have had to accept defeat in their attempts to lure the player to England.

"An agreement with Chelsea could not exist," insisted Galliani. "Kaka goes to Real or he remains at Milan. That is his will and we are doing everything in complete agreement."

Yeah we know your "I've seen..." stories :D. Do you really believe nobody has seen anything of Silva since he scored that goal over 2 years ago? He's won a euro last season.

Why are you even comparing him with Robben? Silva is an attacking midfielder who will look for space on the left and he is definitely not a winger. Robben is a winger as pure as they get and plays on the right. Both are completely different players and add something completely different to their team.

Robben by the way has had a pretty average season. He was found out more often than not to only have eye for the ball and was fingerpointed to make Real play worse, as was shown Real did better without him than with him this season.
If Real Madrid choose to play Robben in the wrong position from time to time it only speaks volumes about the quality of management at that club.

Silva plays on the left.

Robben does as well.

Behind Messi, Robben is the most skillful wide player in the world. He doesn't have the atheticism, durability and I suppose variation of attack that Ronaldo does, nor is he a better player but he's certainly as damaging when he's up for it.

Argue that Silva's better if you so choose.

Then again, I wouldn't expect anything better from someone who salivates in the face of injustice.

apollo_creed said:
If Real Madrid choose to play Robben in the wrong position from time to time it only speaks volumes about the quality of management at that club.

You mean like Barcelona playing Messi on the right as well? Same shit, different club.

apollo_creed said:
Silva plays on the left.

Robben does as well.

Well ignoring the fact Robben has been playing as a right winger for most if not all of the season, the comparison ends here. Who's next? Kaka vs Pepe?

apollo_creed said:
Behind Messi, Robben is the most skillful wide player in the world. He doesn't have the atheticism, durability and I suppose variation of attack that Ronaldo does, nor is he a better player but he's certainly as damaging when he's up for it.

You really should've watched him more often this season. You're describing the 'potential' Robben, not the one who's been playing this season.

apollo_creed said:
Argue that Silva's better if you so choose.

Do I need to repeat both are completely different players and add something completely different to a side?

Would chose Silva > Robben any day of the week. Better work ethic. Robben is similar to Ronaldo. He rocks up to matches and decides whether he can be f*cked or not and then might put on a bit of a show ... but when things aren't going his way, he rarely turns the tide. Robben's first half of the season looked promising this season, but he completely died in the arse for the second half.

Silva plays the same role as Iniesta down the left for Valencia. I'd love to have him at Barca to keep Iniesta on his toes while at the same time having Fabregas to keep Xavi focused. All in my dreams though. (maybe not so much with fabregasa)

Gary O'Neill, David Wheater, Sylvain Distin, Tuncay............

What a ****ing awesome transfer window. :rolleyes:

We might just be attempting to get relegated next season. For ****s sake. Every last one of that lot is steaming shite.

What a ****ing disgrace.

Might just grab my tea towel and head down to COMS I reckon.

Mate, you are unbelieveable. What is it, 4th of June? And you're, er, throwing in the towel already?

Lighten up Hank.

Bit of an over-reaction.

We have to be linked with dud players, we cant be Madrid and Citeh and linked with every top player known to man.

We'll sign 1 star and the rest we'll spend on stocking up the squad (English players mainly to fill the UCL quotas)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We might just be attempting to get relegated next season. For ****s sake. Every last one of that lot is steaming shite.

What a ****ing disgrace.

That's better than the nobody we'll sign.

What a ****ing disgrace.

Have we really been linked to those 4 horribly shite players?

You don't think Tuncay and Distin would improve your squad? Strange.

Gary O'Neil is laughable, but the two above are good players and Wheater is one for the future. You won't be getting any of the Boro players though because Wheater is staying and you can't afford to spend your whole budget on Tuncay :p

Tuncay wouldn't be the worst option.

But spending millions on a 31 year old donkey 4th choice defender like Distin - when we're flat broke is just insane.

Tuncay wouldn't be the worst option.

But spending millions on a 31 year old donkey 4th choice defender like Distin - when we're flat broke is just insane.

Yeah Tuncay would be great with better players around him. Liverpool supporters would love him too after a few weeks, just like Boro, Fernabache and Turkey fans do. He works as hard as Kuyt but has a bit more trickery to open up defences imo. I think he'd be competing with Kuyt for his position if he was to go to Pool. I don't think it'll happen though as you seem to be looking for bargains and Tuncay won't be cheap...hopefully.

Yeah Tuncay would be great with better players around him. Liverpool supporters would love him too after a few weeks, just like Boro, Fernabache and Turkey fans do. He works as hard as Kuyt but has a bit more trickery to open up defences imo. I think he'd be competing with Kuyt for his position if he was to go to Pool. I don't think it'll happen though as you seem to be looking for bargains and Tuncay won't be cheap...hopefully.

HAH, this is Liverpool. They will put a 1 million pound bid in. Cry foul to the media when it isnt accepted. Tuncay will then get angry and demand a transfer. Liverpool will decide to be fair and up there bid to 2 million. Boro can then either accept or deal with a pissed off angry player. In the end you ask for 2.5, Liverpool accept and they get there man for half the price what he is really worth

HAH, this is Liverpool. They will put a 1 million pound bid in. Cry foul to the media when it isnt accepted. Tuncay will then get angry and demand a transfer. Liverpool will decide to be fair and up there bid to 2 million. Boro can then either accept or deal with a pissed off angry player. In the end you ask for 2.5, Liverpool accept and they get there man for half the price what he is really worth

Steve Gibson wouldn't crumble :) Especially to Liverpool (although Parry has left now) He spent a couple of years getting an extra few million out of them for Ziege. Unless Tuncay has a clause in his contract I'd expect we'd want more than 8 million for him, and if Andy Johnson is worth 11 or whatever he got sold for, and Keane is worth 19 million then Tuncay is worth 40 million :D:D

Welcome to football Embers... :rolleyes:

How's life under that rock?

No team does it like Liverpool though. They are the experts, dare I say creator of dodgy negotiating. When compared to other top 4 teams, hell even Sir Alex comes off looking like Senor Classyman when compared to the way Rafa handles his transfer negotiations. Just once it couldnt hurt yous to say make a bid on a player that is more then 40% of his actual worth?

Remove this Banner Ad

The Rumour Mill

Remove this Banner Ad

Back