The Rumour Mill

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't know how he ever managed to get a pro deal at Liverpool and likewise, I don't know what Rangers could possibly see in him :confused:. It's even more baffling when I see that Hobbs and Anderson will go to the CCC for less than that. I suppose his ability to Hoof the ball would be suited to the Scottish game.

I'd imagine Hobbs would have a pretty large sell on clause. He was just a bit slow for us - and unless you've got Sami-like reading of the play - you can't compensate for it at the top level. No surprise he was the best defender in L1 this season though - and imagine he'll be pretty damn good in the CCC too.

Anderson. I'm not surprised to see him sold (Hammill's better IMO - hopefully he gets a chance) - but the small price mooted is absolutely ludicrous.

I'd imagine Hobbs would have a pretty large sell on clause. He was just a bit slow for us - and unless you've got Sami-like reading of the play - you can't compensate for it at the top level. No surprise he was the best defender in L1 this season though - and imagine he'll be pretty damn good in the CCC too.

Anderson. I'm not surprised to see him sold (Hammill's better IMO - hopefully he gets a chance) - but the small price mooted is absolutely ludicrous.

I liked Adam Hammill in the FA Youth Cup a few seasons ago, but then again I liked Hobbs and Anderson from that team as well. If Hammill was at Everton, then he would have plenty of first team games by now and I'd imagine that If Guthrie couldn't make it at Liverpool, then Hammill won't either.

In other news Everton are being linked with Moutinho again. I just hope that Everton realise that they have no chance of actually signing him.

Russian players get a lot of tax breaks to stay in the Russian Premier League. Thats why Arshavin and Pavlyachenko stayed so long, and the likes of Zhirkov, Progrobenyak, etc... are still over their now.

Dont get me wrong, no matter how much I earnt, Id be pissed getting 50% of my pay taken by the authorities....

I wouldn't. Roads need to be maintained, hospitals built etc. It's all part of living in a civilised society.

I wouldn't. Roads need to be maintained, hospitals built etc. It's all part of living in a civilised society.

Why would a top name footballer care about those things? :p

It's only the top, top Russian players (like Arshavin, Zhirkov, Akinfeev, etc) who get the tax cuts. The average player plodding away for Amkar Perm' doesn't get anything like the sort of benefits an Arshavin received.

Why would a top name footballer care about those things? :p

It's only the top, top Russian players (like Arshavin, Zhirkov, Akinfeev, etc) who get the tax cuts. The average player plodding away for Amkar Perm' doesn't get anything like the sort of benefits an Arshavin received.

I think that's his point... if they paid the full taxes they could use it to fix up the infrastructure over there for everyone and not just have the rich benefit from it...

Made an enquiry for Wheater apparently.

Looks like a fee in the range of 3m.

Hmmmmmm :(

Coloccini could be back off to Spain.

Sevilla are interested, they want him for £4m but we're holding out for £6m.

Split the middle and make it £5m and it's a good deal for all 3 parties.

wheater seems a dud, coloccini is a dud

Coloccini wasn't very good in England, but that doesn't make him a dud.

He has a big reputation back in Spain - one that he's made for himself.

He'll go back there and be a very good player for Sevilla (or whoever), it's just that he's not suited to the English game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Juventus sign Diego from Werder Bremen

Brazilian playmaker Diego has completed his "dream" move to Juventus from Werder Bremen, for a fee of €24.5m.

The 24-year-old, who helped steer Werder to the UEFA Cup and German Cup finals this season, had two years left on his contract with the Bundesliga side but had made it clear that he wanted a new challenge.

Big money.

BREAKING GOSSIP
1416 BST: Middlesbrough manager Gareth Southgate is resigned to losing player of the season Tuncay Sanli in the summer, following the club's relegation from the Premier League.
"We have to be realistic," said Southgate. "Tuncay is an international player who is captain of his country. He has given everything right to the end, he's a very special person and he's been a pleasure to work with. It's obviously going to be very hard to keep him."

1330 BST: Portsmouth defender Sylvain Distin says his future at Fratton Park is in doubt while the club decide who will be the next manager.

1303 BST: Former Chelsea defender Marcel Desailly is not convinced that Carlo Ancelotti wants to leave AC Milan for Stamford Bridge. Desailly also believes that Chelsea are using speculation over Ancelotti to cover their attempts to land another manager.

1302 BST: FC Twente coach Steve McClaren says it would be in 20-year-old Marko Arnautovic's best interests to stay at the club, amid reports that the striker will be leaving for Chelsea or Inter Milan.

1229 BST: Former Real Madrid president Florentino Perez will take charge of the club again on 1 June because the only other candidate still in the race will be unable to lodge the required bank guarantee of £50.3m.

1223 BST: West Brom skipper Jonathan Greening says he would welcome the signing of Barry Ferguson should the midfielder leave Rangers over the summer.
Greening said: "Barry Ferguson is the the kind of player who would make a big statement. He has played at the top level for a long, long time. The gaffer likes him a lot and, if he came to Albion, then it would be a real coup."

1158 BST: Inter Milan's Ricardo Quaresma is set for a summer move to Genoa following his loan spell at Chelsea.
"There is an agreement with Quaresma and we will get him in joint ownership with Inter for 10m euros (£8.8m)," said Genoa president Enrico Preziosi.

1148 BST: Bundesliga side Hamburg are poised to lose coach Martin Jol to Dutch giants Ajax as a replacement for Marco van Basten.

TRANSFER GOSSIP
Manchester United full-back Patrice Evra is trying to persuade Bayern Munich midfielder Franck Ribery to come to Old Trafford.

Manchester City and Tottenham are battling it out for Aston Villa midfielder Gareth Barry.

West Brom defender Paul Robinson says he will leave the relegated club as he wants to play in the Premier League.

Arsenal have made an £8m bid for Fulham centre-back Brede Hangeland.

Tottenham are ready to make another bid for Bulgarian winger Martin Petrov, who is currently playing for Manchester City.

Chelsea are confident they have beaten Inter Milan in the race to sign FC Twente striker Marko Arnautovic.

Defender Michael Turner has disappointed Liverpool by pledging his future to Hull.

Wolves have abandoned plans to sign Spurs midfielder Tom Huddlestone after being quoted £8m for the 22-year-old.

Rangers manager Walter Smith is set to offload midfielder Barry Ferguson this summer rather than risk him going on a free next year.

Tottenham are ready to listen to offers for Darren Bent and Roman Pavlyuchenko and are set to step up their chase for Djibril Cisse.

OTHER GOSSIP
Newcastle are ready to offer Alan Shearer a four-year contract as they look to bounce back into the Premier League.

Shearer has been told that £30m must be slashed from Newcastle's wage budget following their relegation to the Championship.

West Brom manager Tony Mowbray is the favourite to succeed Gordon Strachan at Celtic.

Wigan boss Steve Bruce has been strongly linked with the vacant manager's position at Sunderland.

However, Strachan is not a target for Sunderland.

Strachan told family and friends last week that he would be standing down as Celtic manager.

Manchester United striker Dimitar Berbatov says following his FA Cup semi-final miss, he will not want to step up should the Champions League final go to a penalty shoot-out.

Middlesbrough boss Gareth Southgate says the club needs to be in the Championship promotion hunt by Christmas if he is to remain in his job.

Former Watford boss Aidy Boothroyd is hoping to beat Jim Magilton to the QPR manager's job

Peoples thoughts on Michael Turner?

Do you think Liverpool have been outbid for Gareth Barry. Why would he want to leave Villa for Tottenham?

Manchester United striker Dimitar Berbatov says following his FA Cup semi-final miss, he will not want to step up should the Champions League final go to a penalty shoot-out.
That's a bit weak. What's wrong with wanting to step up and make up for the previous attempt?

That's a bit weak. What's wrong with wanting to step up and make up for the previous attempt?

It plays on your mind.

I wouldn't want him stepping up anyway. If he's missed his previous attempt, his next effort is going to be a lame on because he'll simply just try to get it on target.

Sorry but that's a pathetic attitude from Berbatov. But then again, it's an attitude that is reflective of him in general.

As for Turner? I like him - but he rejected Liverpool to sign for Hull? Laughable. If we were interested he would've signed in world record time.

We weren't interested. Obviously.

See ridiculous articles like that all the time. "Player X rejects Liverpool/Man United/Arsenal to sign with *insert lowly, small club here*"

Rubbish.

Someone just guaranteed their spot on the pine for the whole match then.

Heaps of players would have Berbatov's attitude. They just bullshit away with fake confidence.

You could tell Anelka didn't want to take his penalty in last years final.

You're either confident or you're not. It isn't a choice, it's just how you are. If Berbatov isn't confident that he can keep his head, then thank ****ing god he has the balls to say so and give the job to someone who has the confidence.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Rumour Mill

Remove this Banner Ad

Back