The run home: A way things may pan out come September

Remove this Banner Ad

There is no team in the 8 with a finals record that could make them confident. Collingwood have as good a recent finals record as anyone. If finals are a different game, as the cliché goes, then Collingwood can play that game. Adelaide have yet to prove they can and they would be the favourites except for any match between them and West Coast. If West Coast finish second they don’t meet until the GF and West Coast would be favoured to get that far with home finals. Adelaide and West Coast have to be the favoured grand finalists with the betting for the game pretty even. St. Kilda, Melbourne, Collingwood and Sydney all have some claims but IMO Sydney aren’t up to it this year. As for Collingwood’s chances, I don’t think we can beat either Adelaide or West Coast at their home but we can beat anyone at the G in September. Of course the GF is a different matter before anyone states the obvious.

MarkT said:
There is no team in the 8 with a finals record that could make them confident. Collingwood have as good a recent finals record as anyone. If finals are a different game, as the cliché goes, then Collingwood can play that game. Adelaide have yet to prove they can and they would be the favourites except for any match between them and West Coast. If West Coast finish second they don’t meet until the GF and West Coast would be favoured to get that far with home finals. Adelaide and West Coast have to be the favoured grand finalists with the betting for the game pretty even. St. Kilda, Melbourne, Collingwood and Sydney all have some claims but IMO Sydney aren’t up to it this year. As for Collingwood’s chances, I don’t think we can beat either Adelaide or West Coast at their home but we can beat anyone at the G in September. Of course the GF is a different matter before anyone states the obvious.

I personally guarntee you Collingwood won't make it past the semi-final stage. and no, collingwood can't beat anyone in a GF either.

Not sure what it effects apart from your credibilty, but Freo currently have 11 wins, you have them winning two more for a total of 12???

Apart from Freo, I reckon Collingwood would be the team all the other finalists would be hoping to come up against.

Apart from Freo, I reckon Collingwood would be the team all the other finalists would be hoping to come up against.

Maybe, maybe not. But if we could gather some momentum heading into the finals, not too many sides would have us down on their wishlist.

Johnson#26 said:
I have done some research/calculating, and have devised a phantom ladder and fixture. No percentage was calculated. Of course, not all tips will end as planned, but this is a rough guide as to how things will pan out, and how Collingwood can, all going to plan, go all the way. Now I know that the odds are it will not happen, and it was actually originally posted on Nicks BB, but read into it what you will - how will it end up?:

Round 18:
St. Kilda vs. West Coast
Carlton vs. Melbourne
Richmond vs. Western Bulldogs
Sydney vs. Essendon
Adelaide vs. Collingwood
Brisbane Lions vs. Geelong
Kangaroos vs. Port Adelaide
Fremantle vs. Hawthorn

Round 19
Essendon vs. Collingwood
Melbourne vs. Sydney
West Coast vs. Kangaroos
Richmond vs. Brisbane Lions
Western Bulldogs vs. Port Adelaide
Adelaide vs. Fremantle
Geelong vs. St. Kilda
Hawthorn vs. Carlton

Round 20
Port Adelaide vs. Collingwood
Geelong vs. Sydney
Western Bulldogs vs. Adelaide
Essendon vs. Hawthorn
Fremantle vs. St. Kilda
Brisbane Lions vs. West Coast
Carlton vs. Richmond
Kangaroos vs. Melbourne

Round 21
Western Bulldogs vs. St. Kilda
Geelong vs. Melbourne
Hawthorn vs. Kangaroos
Richmond vs. Essendon
Sydney vs. Brisbane Lions
Port Adelaide vs. Adelaide
Collingwood vs. Carlton
West Coast vs. Fremantle

Round 22
Western Bulldogs vs. Essendon
Richmond vs. West Coast
Adelaide vs. Melbourne
Brisbane Lions vs.St. Kilda
Fremantle vs. Port Adelaide
Sydney vs. Carlton
Collingwood vs. Kangaroos
Hawthorn vs. Geelong

afae3df2.jpg

*Likely winners in bold:
Finals: Week One:
2nd Qualifying Final: West Coast vs Melbourne (Subiaco)
1st Elimination Final: Collingwood vs Fremantle (MCG)
2nd Elimination Final: Sydney vs Western Bulldogs (SCG/TS)
1st Qualifying Final: Adelaide vs St.Kilda (AAMI)

Finals: Week Two:
1st Semi Final: St.Kilda vs Collingwood (MCG)
2nd Semi Final: Melbourne vs Sydney (MCG)

Finals: Week Three:
1st Preliminary Final: Adelaide vs Melbourne (AAMI)
2nd Preliminary Final: West Coast vs Collingwood (Subiaco)

Grand Final:
Collingwood vs Adelaide (MCG).

AFLFinalsFixture2006.jpg

Fremantle could end up a danger game should we meet them in the finals, I'd be wary. However, fifth could end up a handy spot, should we do everything right, meaning we could get (should we continue to win) two home finals, and a shot at the Eagles in Perth, which is a huge task, but hardly mission impossible (as we have proved before). Then, Adelaide at the MCG on Grand Final Day. Anything is possible.

The dream is out there - Go Pies!

Thoughts? I struggled to tip matches such as WCE/STK and WCE/Frem.

lmfao you to beat the eagles in the pf at subiaco LMAO. no way in the world. people thought adelaide was gonna do it last year but we showed in the big games we come out firing. you better be wary of freo they have a formidable record over yous.

Johnson#26 said:
I have done some research/calculating, and have devised a phantom ladder and fixture. No percentage was calculated. Of course, not all tips will end as planned, but this is a rough guide as to how things will pan out, and how Collingwood can, all going to plan, go all the way. Now I know that the odds are it will not happen, and it was actually originally posted on Nicks BB, but read into it what you will - how will it end up?:

Round 18:
St. Kilda vs. West Coast
Carlton vs. Melbourne
Richmond vs. Western Bulldogs
Sydney vs. Essendon
Adelaide vs. Collingwood
Brisbane Lions vs. Geelong
Kangaroos vs. Port Adelaide
Fremantle vs. Hawthorn

Round 19
Essendon vs. Collingwood
Melbourne vs. Sydney
West Coast vs. Kangaroos
Richmond vs. Brisbane Lions
Western Bulldogs vs. Port Adelaide
Adelaide vs. Fremantle
Geelong vs. St. Kilda
Hawthorn vs. Carlton

Round 20
Port Adelaide vs. Collingwood
Geelong vs. Sydney
Western Bulldogs vs. Adelaide
Essendon vs. Hawthorn
Fremantle vs. St. Kilda
Brisbane Lions vs. West Coast
Carlton vs. Richmond
Kangaroos vs. Melbourne

Round 21
Western Bulldogs vs. St. Kilda
Geelong vs. Melbourne
Hawthorn vs. Kangaroos
Richmond vs. Essendon
Sydney vs. Brisbane Lions
Port Adelaide vs. Adelaide
Collingwood vs. Carlton
West Coast vs. Fremantle

Round 22
Western Bulldogs vs. Essendon
Richmond vs. West Coast
Adelaide vs. Melbourne
Brisbane Lions vs.St. Kilda
Fremantle vs. Port Adelaide
Sydney vs. Carlton
Collingwood vs. Kangaroos
Hawthorn vs. Geelong

afae3df2.jpg

*Likely winners in bold:
Finals: Week One:
2nd Qualifying Final: West Coast vs Melbourne (Subiaco)
1st Elimination Final: Collingwood vs Fremantle (MCG)
2nd Elimination Final: Sydney vs Western Bulldogs (SCG/TS)
1st Qualifying Final: Adelaide vs St.Kilda (AAMI)

Finals: Week Two:
1st Semi Final: St.Kilda vs Collingwood (MCG)
2nd Semi Final: Melbourne vs Sydney (MCG)

Finals: Week Three:
1st Preliminary Final: Adelaide vs Melbourne (AAMI)
2nd Preliminary Final: West Coast vs Collingwood (Subiaco)

Grand Final:
Collingwood vs Adelaide (MCG).

AFLFinalsFixture2006.jpg

Fremantle could end up a danger game should we meet them in the finals, I'd be wary. However, fifth could end up a handy spot, should we do everything right, meaning we could get (should we continue to win) two home finals, and a shot at the Eagles in Perth, which is a huge task, but hardly mission impossible (as we have proved before). Then, Adelaide at the MCG on Grand Final Day. Anything is possible.

The dream is out there - Go Pies!

Thoughts? I struggled to tip matches such as WCE/STK and WCE/Frem.
Collingwood v West Coast at Subi!!!!!!!!! Not impossible as we have proved before........ lol..........C'mon mate we havn't beaten the Eagles over there since Troy Lehmann kicked the winning point in 1992!!!!!!!!! Get ya hand of it son!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

theGav56 said:
Not sure what it effects apart from your credibilty, but Freo currently have 11 wins, you have them winning two more for a total of 12???
But he does have Richmond in 9th...

Johnson#26 said:
Its only hyperthetical, and no, I never said I expected it.
Don't you mean "hypo"thetical as in " to hypothsise" ?or maybe you do mean "hyper"as in "beyond or above".In fact you may have created a new word," a Collingwood-ism , if you like? to 'HYPERTHESISE" to think beyond what one is actually capable of. IMO that describes Collingwood supporters very well.that is those that can think! :)

Freo will beat saints at subi...Saints dont play well here....and freo are going ok.....also if crows couldnt beat west coast here when wce were mising Cox, Fletcher, Embley, Nicoski, Hunter and Rosa...thats a1/4 of the our best 22 out!!...how in the hell are pies going to win here...???..when those guys will be back

balldman said:
Don't you mean "hypo"thetical as in " to hypothsise" ?or maybe you do mean "hyper"as in "beyond or above".In fact you may have created a new word," a Collingwood-ism , if you like? to 'HYPERTHESISE" to think beyond what one is actually capable of. IMO that describes Collingwood supporters very well.that is those that can think! :)

If you give someone crap over their spelling, it is best not to have spelling and grammatical errors in your own post.

ekzistenz said:
If you give someone crap over their spelling, it is best not to have spelling and grammatical errors in your own post.
Glad to see you are on the ball!What are you?An Englisch teecher?My point was there is a vast difference between "hypo" & "hyper".Didn't care too much from dotting the "t's" & crossing the "i's"!Love to stay & chat,but got to get back to class! :D

stupidest thread yet :thumbsdown:

collingwood board :thumbsdown:

Sydney will beat Melbourne & Geelong, and get ya hand off it, Crappingwood will not make a GF for the next 10 yrs...

Remove this Banner Ad

The run home: A way things may pan out come September

Remove this Banner Ad

Back