The run home and the finals format

Remove this Banner Ad

N
OP wrote the whole post just to predict Richmond losing in the 1st Elim
(updated to correct my error)
No I didn't. The post wasn't created to predict Richmond losing in the first week, there were also a lot of other predictions that I think may very well occur. It is not all about Richmond, but now you raise it, yes, I think if they play North in an Elim final they'll lose :)

Ok Bulldogs have been fantastic this year however you have to go back to rd 5 for their last win over a top 8 side. However that really isn't their fault as since that win over Sydney they have played 1 team in the top 8, that being a loss to the cats a few weeks ago.

I'm holding my judgment on the dogs based on their draw this year.

They won't play another Vic side at etihad, they'll only get a final there against a Giants or crows.
Crows do pull a reasonable Victorian crowd for a non-Vic side. However, yes it will be at Etihad unless there are no other Melbourne finals that weekend (unlikely but possible)

where playing like shit, we could lose to the southport sharks right about now.
Played well last week, and had significant outs the week before. Every team has slipped at some point this season (including Freo and Hawthorn). There's plenty of time to regain form, and having both Buddy and Goodes back in the same team will help.

Played well last week, and had significant outs the week before. Every team has slipped at some point this season (including Freo and Hawthorn). There's plenty of time to regain form, and having both Buddy and Goodes back in the same team will help.

our issues aren't in's and out's its completely down to foot skills and stratergy going fwd combined with a weak ruck.
we played well against Adelaide and other puss teams. We're downhill skiing better then Alisa Camplin.
we're just mediocre right now, Better then 12 teams of puss wasting everybody's time. and not as good as the remaining 5.

our issues aren't in's and out's its completely down to foot skills and stratergy going fwd combined with a weak ruck.
we played well against Adelaide and other puss teams. We're downhill skiing better then Alisa Camplin.
we're just mediocre right now, Better then 12 teams of puss wasting everybody's time. and not as good as the remaining 5.
Summed up pretty well. Hence why I think you'll lose in straight sets, just don't have form and good structures in place. You look at the names on your list and you should be flying right now.

Which 5 other teams do you think you're behind?
I rate Adelaide pretty highly, and I certainly rate Hawks (no other non-Vic side has beaten them at home this year!)
Yeah behind Hawthorn/Freo, but who isn't? I'm not convinced you're behind us or the bulldogs despite the ladder. Who else do you think you're behind? North or Richmond? o_0

Ok Bulldogs have been fantastic this year however you have to go back to rd 5 for their last win over a top 8 side. However that really isn't their fault as since that win over Sydney they have played 1 team in the top 8, that being a loss to the cats a few weeks ago.

We've played everyone but North, and only played St Kilda and Port twice so far, with the Dees, Eagles and Lions to come. So it's not like we've capitalised on playing shit teams to get where we are. For both the Saints and Port games, the results were split 1-1.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Summed up pretty well. Hence why I think you'll lose in straight sets, just don't have form and good structures in place. You look at the names on your list and you should be flying right now.

list is ageing, couldn't go on forever decline was always coming. A BS trade ban prevented us bringing in coverage. it will get worse next season and the one after with the likes of goodes richards and shaw hanging up the boots.

Which 5 other teams do you think you're behind?
I rate Adelaide pretty highly, and I certainly rate Hawks (no other non-Vic side has beaten them at home this year!)
Yeah behind Hawthorn/Freo, but who isn't? I'm not convinced you're behind us or the bulldogs despite the ladder. Who else do you think you're behind? North or Richmond? o_0

west coast, freo, hawks, richmond have out performed us well. Unlike others i see a very strong build with the bulldogs list. whilst they aren't the strongest team and will still struggle to push deep into finals, they have us covered very well. north are pretenders who need a rebuild and Adelaide are missing 3-4 players required to go anywhere.

Sydney are the interesting ones. If as you say, will likely finish top four but do look vulnerable.

WB a finals unknown. Most likely won't get a game at Etihad.

North and Richmond both unpredictable and would be a fitting final if they played each other.

Port and North made last year a bit different in September last year, will probably happen again this year.
MCG I believe recently have the all clear for a finals match at Etihad should the Dogs get one. MCG are so far up on their quota for games that they're not really bothered about it.

west coast, freo, hawks, richmond have out performed us well. Unlike others i see a very strong build with the bulldogs list. whilst they aren't the strongest team and will still struggle to push deep into finals, they have us covered very well. north are pretenders who need a rebuild and Adelaide are missing 3-4 players required to go anywhere.
Disagree that Richmond have outperformed you. Their best might have been slightly better (not based on their win against Hawks, but based on their win against you), but their worst has been poorer. They deserve to be where they are on the ladder
We have slightly outperformed you so far (though the gap has narrowed due to our recent draw then loss) but I think that will have evened out by season's end.
Bulldogs are an exciting young side who have done extremely well to be where they are. They have a testing few weeks coming up as well.
Your comment about North made me laugh because it's partly true! They've been a little disappointing. I was bitterly disappointed to lose to them.
I wonder how much Walshy's death is still affecting the Crows :'(

Disagree that Richmond have outperformed you. Their best might have been slightly better (not based on their win against Hawks, but based on their win against you), but their worst has been poorer. They deserve to be where they are on the ladder
We have slightly outperformed you so far (though the gap has narrowed due to our recent draw then loss) but I think that will have evened out by season's end.
Bulldogs are an exciting young side who have done extremely well to be where they are. They have a testing few weeks coming up as well.
Your comment about North made me laugh because it's partly true! They've been a little disappointing. I was bitterly disappointed to lose to them.
I wonder how much Walshy's death is still affecting the Crows :cry:

richmond our ahead of "US" footy is not a straight incline teams perform better against some teams then they do against others. richmond absolutely deserve to be where they are, but against us they have had our number for quite a while. The crows its impossible to know but i still think they would be around where they are right now, worse if dangerfield leaves.

Fiddling around with the ladder predictor and in 8th/9th I got North Melbourne and GWS on 13 wins each with 106.2% each. Lol, it's just that close. Top 8 system in 18 team competition works wonderfully - no teams making up the numbers in the 8.

Fiddling around with the ladder predictor and in 8th/9th I got North Melbourne and GWS on 13 wins each with 106.2% each. Lol, it's just that close. Top 8 system in 18 team competition works wonderfully - no teams making up the numbers in the 8.

The Geelong vs Adelaide match could also be a decider of who makes the final top 8 spot, they are currently on the same points and only .1% different.

richmond our ahead of "US" footy is not a straight incline teams perform better against some teams then they do against others. richmond absolutely deserve to be where they are, but against us they have had our number for quite a while. The crows its impossible to know but i still think they would be around where they are right now, worse if dangerfield leaves.
Yeah agreed, but based on head to head record , you're ahead of us
You have had our measure for quite some time
Yes , Dangerfield would be a massive loss for them if he goes :(. I hope he stays

Don't tell Doggies fans that mate, they'll call you all sorts of names under the sun if you do! :eek:

You obviously just don't understand that the Bulldogs are the next big thing and are in line for the next 10 premierships! It's quite clear to everybody else that this is the absolute truth, so just stop having any kind of opinion that will challenge this. And I don't care about your bloody facts and statistics that back your opinion up, because YOUR AN IDIOT!!! :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz mang! :mad:

Don't tell Doggies fans that mate, they'll call you all sorts of names under the sun if you do! :eek:

You obviously just don't understand that the Bulldogs are the next big thing and are in line for the next 10 premierships! It's quite clear to everybody else that this is the absolute truth, so just stop having any kind of opinion that will challenge this. And I don't care about your bloody facts and statistics that back your opinion up, because YOUR AN IDIOT!!! :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz mang! :mad:
uja7yui_9699.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

The run home and the finals format

Remove this Banner Ad

Back