News The "SACK" signs up.

Remove this Banner Ad

call me disloyal, but I was hoping we'd trade him for a draft pick in the low 20s. One big advantage of being the premiers is that our fringe players become overrated. To me Goldsack is a back flanker, who is well behind our other back flankers who are all pretty young. We're in a very good position to set up for an extended period at the top, if we can continue to bring in good young players onto our list. I'd personally prefer us to use youngsters with a bit more upside when we need to cover for injuries. I'd like us to trade Anthony for the same reason.

Goldsack value to Collingwood > pick 20.

A few years back people were discounting Thomas, look how a couple of years changes how good they are.

"people" are sometimes very very foolish.

As for Goldsack, he has the height, agility and speed to be a good player. He needs to get his confidence back to the levels he showed when he first got a game.

call me disloyal, but I was hoping we'd trade him for a draft pick in the low 20s. One big advantage of being the premiers is that our fringe players become overrated. To me Goldsack is a back flanker, who is well behind our other back flankers who are all pretty young. We're in a very good position to set up for an extended period at the top, if we can continue to bring in good young players onto our list. I'd personally prefer us to use youngsters with a bit more upside when we need to cover for injuries. I'd like us to trade Anthony for the same reason.

Has Goldsack aged a couple of years over Grand Final week? I read somewhere where he hasn't turned 23 yet!!.. sr36 you must be a 10 year old if you think someone who is 22 isn't "pretty young". I heard Buckley say once that he didnt really understand the game until he got to 25. I just hope the Sack isnt going to be the next player to get the big boot in this forum.

oh yeh btw.....congratulations tyson!

Has Goldsack aged a couple of years over Grand Final week? I read somewhere where he hasn't turned 23 yet!!.. sr36 you must be a 10 year old if you think someone who is 22 isn't "pretty young". I heard Buckley say once that he didnt really understand the game until he got to 25. I just hope the Sack isnt going to be the next player to get the big boot in this forum.

oh yeh btw.....congratulations tyson!

He is young, and I think that he'll develop into a pretty good hard nosed reliable back flanker. I just think that he is a long way behind Harry, Shaw, Maxy and Toovey, none of whom will be retiring soon. Unlike other posters, I don't see him as particularly flexible. Yes he does play in a variety of roles, but that's because he isn't first choice for a defensive role. I think that all of our other defensive options, are more flexible and would outperform Goldsack in a forward role, as they do in their defensive roles. With the addition of Krakoeur, Dick from injury and probably Tarrant, I don't see him as a first 22 player. I can't see him becoming anything other than depth over the next couple of years, that's not to say that he won't play a lot of games for us. The problem with having someone like Goldsack as depth is that it denies opportunities to debutants who may have more realistic opportunities to become best 22 players.

That being said, if we need our depth for the finals, it would be great to have Goldsack on the list. But personally I'd take that risk in order to ensure that we are continuing to build for the future, so that we can remain at the top for as long as possible.

I think you are pigeon holing him as a half-back flanker because that is the hole he filled in his first season when we had injuries etc and he filled it well.

However, he was drafted as a midfielder/forward. People with his mix of hardness, bravery and intensity can fill a role anywhere. He is limited skill wise but if given a role, you know he will do it reasonably well.

I think you are pigeon holing him as a half-back flanker because that is the hole he filled in his first season when we had injuries etc and he filled it well.

However, he was drafted as a midfielder/forward. People with his mix of hardness, bravery and intensity can fill a role anywhere. He is limited skill wise but if given a role, you know he will do it reasonably well.

I've pigeon holed him as a back flanker, because I've been unimpressed when seeing him play other roles. I think that he will have a good and long career at the right club. I just don't think that the pies are the right club, due to our depth in similar types, all of whom have vastly superior decison making skills.

Remove this Banner Ad

News The "SACK" signs up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back