Radio The SEN Thread 10

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Re: The SEN Thread 9

problem with the media. too many mediaites are mates with sportspersons.

harden up segment on harf time with richo.

caller - jana pittman
richo - *pause* 2 world titles....

how the fk is that relevant?
Bingo! This has been the problem with the footy "media" for some years now and why social media becomes a better forum to interact on all things footy and sport.

Hungry for Sport
Now I said during the week, chain Buddy Franklin and Jack Riewoldt to the goal post; twenty-one goals between the two shows it’s not rocket science. Their performances were outstanding, so was Melbourne in beating Essendon, Port Adelaide in crushing Carlton, and Brisbane knocking off West Coast. But for mine the best performance of the round was Gary Ablett playing Collingwood. He lost by ninety-seven points. It’s a shame when a player is so good that it becomes a criticism. Forget all the talk about who is the best player in the game, ask yourself this question, if Scott Pendlebury, Chris Judd, Sam Mitchell, Joel Selwood, Mark Murphy, or Dane Swan and others played for Gold Coast against premiership favourites Collingwood, would they amass fifty-three possessions? Ablett is captain of an under nineteen side! Yet it seems his Herculean effort yesterday was flawed. Many great team and individual performances on the weekend but none better than Gary Ablett.
I’m KB, that’s my Take

Norm from Box Hill: I wanna apologize to you because I said you’d lost the plot earlier in the year when you were criticizing Carlton…
Pug from Seville: KB, I thought you were an absolute peanut for saying what you said about Carlton but you might be on the right track.

KB: Are you going to apologize to Tiger Woods as well, [Putz]? For saying he’d never come back and dominate.
Putz: Well one tournament. Is that dominating is it?

KB: He’s won two. He won the Arnold Palmer now he’s won Jack’s tournament.
Putz: So that’s dominating?

KB: Did you see his shot on the sixteenth that Jack Nicholas called the greatest shot he’s ever seen played?
Putz: Yeah, well that was a silly thing for Jack Nicholas to say wasn’t it?

KB: Ahhh, so now Jack doesn’t know what he’s talking about?
Putz: Well I think he’s a bit limited on some things, Kevin.

KB: He’s knows a bit more about golf than you do, [Putz].
Putz: Yeah, but it wasn’t the greatest shot, Kevin. There’d been other great shots. I mean-

KB: Jack Nicholas said it was the greatest shot he’s ever seen.
Putz: Well Jack is wrong. It’s Jack’s opinion – as he’s wrong.:rolleyes:

“I think the Tiger era is over and I think the American broadcasters have been slow to realize that the new star is Rory Mcllroy who’s nearly every bit as exciting as Tiger was as he started up his career. So I think as Tiger falls away, and his body seems to be giving up, I think we’ve got a brand new star in Rory Mcllroy and golf will blossom.”
- Putz Smith on SEN, March 13, 2012
Rory Mcllroy missed his third straight cut. Meanwhile over at the American broadcasters who according to Putz are so slow to realize change: Memorial TV Ratings up 138 Percent
tiger.jpg

Guus of the Week: Tiger Woods o_O
Goose of the Week: Canberra United (women’s soccer) for commitment ultimatum.

Now The Australian has an exclusive story today that North CEO Eugene Arocca is set to walk out of the club. What a disaster for the Kangaroos. The James Brayshaw and Arocca partnership is fractured and was once seen as the glue that held the club together. The relationship between Arocca and football manager, Donald McDonald also looks irreparable; internally looks like the club is falling apart. All this comes at a time when their on-field performances are poor. North Melbourne’s future has been guaranteed by the AFL over the next three years; nine million dollars will come their way via a distribution fund. Surviving is one thing but will the club ever have the stability and resources to be a successful club ever again?
I’m KB, that’s my Take
hang-ten-vermont-teddy-bear.jpg

Peter De Rauch's Teddy Bear president

Putz: Carlton supporters tend to blame the coach don’t they? Whereas a couple of years ago Essendon blamed Stanton for all their woes.
KB: Not as much as they blame Matthew Knights.

Gibberish of the Week: Cameron Ling in his boundary role for suggesting that the boundary umpire ruled in the back overruling the field umpire and colleagues BT and Richo-man not being sure if Ling was right or wrong.
No-one can ignore the awesome Channel Seven coverage in 2012! :rolleyes:
mosquito.jpg

Buzz This:
I worry about North Melbourne. I don’t worry about them going bust, and that’s always the easy refrain isn’t? “Well this club’s basically going to go out of existence.” But I worry because this was a club that was finally hauling itself back up in terms of respect and on-field respect as well. When Eugene has such a legacy at that football club; he’s the one that rolled his sleeves up there. James was the song and dance man and the Footy Show man and the front man. But Eugene was the one that got the things done. He brokered that deal, of course, to go to Tasmania; he got Aegis Park up and running, he got extra funding from Bronwyn Pike; he got it at a cut-price rate because it was in a recession. And finally they had some credibility. Now, who would want to go to the North Melbourne Football Club? I mean who would want to be the chief executive there. You could understand why Brian Cook would laugh that off. And I just think for James Brayshaw – Caroline Wilson says he needs to depart the club; look I think that would rock them even further. But he needs to change his leadership style, KB, because he is a song and dance man but at the moment we don’t see the substance with him. You know, we don’t see him being accessible to the fans or to the stake holders. We see him very keen to push the message on the Footy Show and Triple M where he’s paid. He’s almost inaccessible to the media; you can never get him after a win or after a loss. And I think James needs to roll the sleeves up like Eugene did. First in getting a chief executive; first in maybe breaking up that boys club, and then being someone who the fans can tap into because he’s not that at the moment.
- Jon LeBaron-Ralph

KB has lost the plot, his idea of scrapping players rotating through the interchange and just have 8 bench players that once someone comes off, theyre off for good and permanently replaced by one of those 8 bench players is utterly rediculous

Just how old is the old man?

I cant imagine KB will ever walk off into retirement, he'll need to be pushed out the door, someone at SEN has to do the pushing

KBs an interesting one.

i thought the AFL liked 1 sub and 3 interchange cause it meant slowing the game down/less injuries. i think we all believe they wanted it to reduce rotations.

KB will use every excuse in the book to justify his rule changes. even if they contradict each other

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seriously, SEN fast becoming a mouth piece for the AFL.

i like it when you blokes talks about footy as "our game"......but takes a different tact when talking to soccer guys (foxsports).

i think SENsters like watson and maher, or anyone who has a gig on tv, know they cant bag footy otherwise they may not be an automatic starter for tv commentary gigs

I cant imagine KB will ever walk off into retirement, he'll need to be pushed out the door, someone at SEN has to do the pushing
:confused:

I disagree with him on a few things as well, but pushed out the door? He is easily the best host on the station. Fairly knowledgeable about many sports and his banter (especially with guys like Dr. Turf & Balme) is fantastic.

I went on the website, scrolling through the podcasts. In the last two weeks, they've had Ben Johnson on twice (Ben Johnson, the sprinter, not the Collingwood douchebag), once on TRH and the other on The Flame (tues 7pm). Both were interesting interviews and Ben would be the biggest sports name the station has ever had on. Are his interviews available to be listened to? No. Is there a bunch of lightweight crap to listen to again? Yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back